Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 27, 2016 12:47AM

puddington and kBOY: Your last posts just made my day!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 27, 2016 01:37AM

This is really depressing. What is the point of bringing Satan down, if he keeps getting back up and returning to his nefarious ways? It's just one more thing I have to worry about in the coming years.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 27, 2016 02:04AM

It's interesting we heard nothing about the Lamp bringing down Satan. Is it APCO trickle-down power-deflation, or will everybody simply be waiting for the G-man to finish the job?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 27, 2016 02:42AM

She may have demeaned and shunned him, causing the demons not to respect him as much. And like you said, it will probably be left to Gary to finish the job. So there is hope after all. Hopefully this thing will be done soon, because my anxiety level has been off the charts. I need to have some peace!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 27, 2016 03:18AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is really depressing. What is the point of
> bringing Satan down, if he keeps getting back up
> and returning to his nefarious ways? It's just one
> more thing I have to worry about in the coming
> years.

Maybe JRS forgot to puncture the skull, like a proper zombie kill.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 27, 2016 06:43AM

puddington Wrote:
> changedagain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is really depressing. What is the point
> of
> > bringing Satan down, if he keeps getting back
> up
> > and returning to his nefarious ways? It's just
> one
> > more thing I have to worry about in the coming
> > years.
>
>
> Maybe JRS forgot to puncture the skull, like a
> proper zombie kill.

Yes. JRS clearly didn't get that right. Other things JRS didn't get right...preparing for a 1979 non-event through apocalyptic stockpiling. My favorite is the zombie verse that JRS pounded into our "conscious minds" from Ezekial 37:7-10.... how to cause a zombie invasion by speaking life into a valley of corpses (dem dry bones.) Gotta love it. No worries though, the Internet reports the Pentagon has a plan.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 27, 2016 10:26AM

It seems John’s vision into the future was conveyed differently in various local churches of TLWF. It was much like Christmas – in some locations you were going to burn in hell if you had a Christmas tree or celebrated with family and friends, and in other locations you had a Christmas parade and sang Christmas carols to the neighbors. (Multiple affairs, Christmas festivities – it’s good to be the favorite son and not be subject to the rules made to control the "little people".) If you happen to be lucky enough to have a pastor with a little common sense that allowed you to go to college (this was before Shiloh University) perhaps you could make a decent living. In other areas it was frowned upon because the kingdom was dawning in 1979 and a college education would be unnecessary. Instead, you got the privilege of working for kingdom businesses for often less than minimum wage. I would venture to say many more young people went to college after 1979 – even though the kingdom had dawned in the "spirit realm" - or La-La Land as it has come to be known.

In my local church we were taught that the kingdom actually did dawn in 1979, but only those on the high level of the leadership were able to recognize it. To everyone else, it appeared nothing had changed. I never did quite figure out what all the survival training was about since it turned out to be all in the spirit realm - but then as soon as you start thinking with your carnal mind, you don't stay in the fellowship very long. The same thing was said about bringing down Satan with John’s death – only the enlightened were able to see it. We were told that even though Satan had been taken down, his underlings were still around and made it seems as though Satan was still in control. I know we were not supposed to noticed, but a few decades later, his name started popping up again. Apparently the chain he was bound with for a thousand years is pretty long and he is able to climb out of the hole and still harass people. More likely though, it was a bunch of crap that we were gullible enough to swallow - in spite of the taste. I can almost hear them laughing, “Just tell them God said it, and they'll believe anything.”

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 28, 2016 11:04AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> If you happen to be lucky
> enough to have a pastor with a little common sense
> that allowed you to go to college (this was before
> Shiloh University) perhaps you could make a decent
> living. In other areas it was frowned upon
> because the kingdom was dawning in 1979 and a
> college education would be unnecessary. Instead,
> you got the privilege of working for kingdom
> businesses for often less than minimum wage. I
> would venture to say many more young people went
> to college after 1979 – even though the kingdom
> had dawned in the "spirit realm" - or La-La Land
> as it has come to be known.
>
> I once was a typist in a law firm. I typed and read all the legal briefs. I can say this that your writing and others in the forum far exceeds in clarity and quality the writing of any of those college educated lawyers I nicked named "cudas" (short for barracuda.) Interesting that many of those 70's kingdom business went under but I think those like yourself who started their own business really were the winners, even though it's hard work, you guys had your autonomy (at least apart from the church life.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 11:10AM by lily rose.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 28, 2016 11:32AM

larry bobo wrote: [[More likely though, it was a bunch of crap that we were gullible enough to swallow – in spite of the taste. I can almost hear them laughing, “Just tell them God said it, and they'll believe anything.”]]

----------------

You’re not alone. I have also pictured in my mind the horror of corrupt religious leaders demanding authoritatively, “God wants you to turn over your wife, money and possessions to the kingdom/cult leader.”

Talk about a bunch of crap nightmare.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: November 29, 2016 06:49AM

lily rose,
I first started submitting becoming an electrical contractor in 1976 (and many more times after that) which I was never allowed to do up until the time I left in 1999. I started contracting in 2000 when I no longer had to ask permission - except from God. I did start an electrical training business while still in TLWF, but that was also a fight until it started to be successful - then it became their idea and they wanted to take credit for it. They were not a help, but an obstacle that had to be overcome. I've since helped over 10,000 electricians obtain their electrical licenses - none of which would have happened under the direction of LWF leadership. The sad thing is that when you use people for your own selfish purposes instead of equipping them to function in their God-given gifts, they remain immature and never really become valuable to anyone - including you. I've watched many prosper in all areas of life after leaving the oppression of TLWF. God's discipline yields wonderful fruit. In contrast, the discipline of TLWF yields wounded and abused people that no longer want anything to do with God and end up having a rough time even functioning in the world. The only ones that benefit are the leaders who are using others for their own purposes. The ones in TLWF that seem to make some financial progress were those who told the TLWF leadership that their money was none of their business and made their own financial decisions. Here's a link to a Podcast I did with the men's pastor of the largest church in Colorado on the subject of being led by the Spirit in business (http://www.newlifechurch.org/podcast/3915) - something I was not even allowed to do in TLWF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.