Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Sagehen ()
Date: November 12, 2016 10:59PM

Thank you all for your posts! I was in the Walk physically 1972-79 but emotionally most of the time since then. I am reading through all the books listed here and so much is coming clear!!! You will never know how much your posts here have helped me. I have not had any contact, not from lack of my trying, with anyone since leaving. It has been quite a journey!
At present I am reading, "Anointing or Apostasy", awesome!!! I believe when we are truly His child and have committed our lives to Him there are reasons for our journey, good and bad.I want my journey to be used to help me dodge the mistakes of the past and help others do the same if I can.
I was in Klamath Falls, OR, and Wyoming during LW years. Again, thank you for your posts!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 13, 2016 12:30AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recollect in one of the free Gary podcasts that
> I viewed a few months ago, G said something about
> being disappointed in the election outcome (not
> sure which one)

I think it was 2012--Romney vs. Obama. If anyone knows for certain, weigh in.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 13, 2016 04:27AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> From what I recall, TLWF eventually accepted and
> supported Obama--dropping their resentment, and
> trusting that God would move through him. The end
> result is that he did a pretty good job. So it's
> only fitting that I change my attitude and believe
> God is bigger than Donald Trump, and the country
> can survive his reign.
> Right now the difficult thing (for me) is simply
> believing God is bigger than Trump. It's gonna
> take some time.

--------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Gary thinks that government doesn't support Biblical values anymore so he's willing to support politicians who don't seek guidance from God but who can be effective for example in getting the economy working? These days in our secular society I don't think too many seek God's guidance and instead oftentimes turn to government to provide security. I think after all the sorting it out I've done since participating in this forum, I am seeing that the cult of personality doesn't just happen in religious cults, but also in politics and corporations and we all can be drawn into this. "I will make American great again." (Trump)

I was reflecting on something I read about finding security in cults and the cult of personality as seen in a Peanuts carton in which Charlie Brown describes security as sleeping in the back seat of a car safe in the knowledge that your parents are in front, taking care of you. At a very basic level, I thought (in error) that JRS with his alleged plumb line to God was supplying that security and I suspect those who experienced the transition to G&M thought (in error) the security would continue. I personally think that Trump's claim that he can protect the country from ISIS (in a way that Obama and Clinton wouldn't) may have been the "back seat security" for which many were looking. As you said, Trump may appear bigger than God.

And, I suspect Trump (narcissist, elitist, delusions of grandeur, unforgiving, married 3 times like Marilyn, etc) resonates with TLWF as someone who God can use.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 13, 2016 04:31AM

Welcome Sagehen. Yes, emotionally shedding the LW dust does take time. Feel free to share your thoughts on the Nichol's book.

Date: November 13, 2016 06:46AM

Thank you, lily rose, I just finished the book and I found it well done, it covered much I have witnessed first hand and he brought up the same concerns I have had but in many I just knew something was off but could not define what it was. Part of the reason I couldn't was my own lack in knowing the Word well enough, and partly because I couldn't stand to watch or listen to it. I', speaking mostly from what was on TV. I have not had a lot of input from first hand observation, living in very rural areas mostly until recently relocating to NY. where my daughter is, quite a change!
I lived through the Charismatic years right after becoming Spirit Filled, had been living on Bob Mumford, Derek prince cassettes until going to a service in Terrebon, OR.and they were doing all the things we had been hearing about on the cassettes. That was how we came to join the Walk.

Date: November 13, 2016 08:49AM

lilly rose, I'm sorry I posted the wrong info on my last message the book I was referring to was "Anointing or Apostasy"!!! I am just now getting into the one from Woodrow Nichols!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 13, 2016 09:37PM

HEADBANGER NEWS: Trickle-Down Religion

"Let's Pray for Our Leaders"

November 6, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

"You mature faster (i.e. encourage perpetual dependency) when you turn your focus from yourself and pray for those who are fathers and mothers over you in the Lord."

"Even when you don’t know what to pray for (which is evident), you can still effectively (not really) pray in the Holy Spirit."

"Pray that they will be led by the wisdom and revelation (possibly for the very first time)."

"That’s how we’ll see breakthroughs come (like all the other ones), first for our apostolic company (no surprise there), and then for every member of the Body of Christ (if there is anything left over to receive)."

Date: November 13, 2016 11:30PM

Even if our "fathers and mothers" have been serving their own interests, enriching themselves by your sacrifice, and seem to always be berating you from the pulpit for not being given enough--your job is to unquestionably support them. Simple as that. If you keep putting their interests above your own eventually God might do something for you. Probably not in this lifetime, but some day. That is the path to maturity--you little babies!
Amen.

kBoy:
> "That’s how we’ll see breakthroughs come
> (like all the other ones), first for
> our apostolic company (no surprise
> there)
, and then for every member of the
> Body of Christ (if there is anything left
> over to receive)
."

Mom and Dad are first. Always first. Get back with the program, people!

Date: November 13, 2016 11:57PM

255,415 page views to date...

Date: November 14, 2016 12:09AM

> "That’s how we’ll see breakthroughs come, first for
> our apostolic company and then for every member of the
> Body of Christ

Who still remains from the apostolic company formed after John's death? Rick and Gary? Are there others?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.