Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: October 21, 2016 08:27PM

HEADBANGER NEWS: Do As I Say, Not As I Do

"Marilyn--The Woman Behind The Word"

October 20, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

". . . we should be inspired and encouraged by the amazing legacy Marilyn leaves behind . . ." (Which includes the carnage and collateral damage.)

"The choices she made in serving the Lord have had far-reaching effects." (Which includes the carnage and collateral damage.)

"Her love and faith touched thousands of people (as did the damage she inflicted upon so many)."

"Marilyn . . . made us a family." (Unnecessarily dysfunctional)

"Marilyn had a mother's heart for God's people." (As long as you did what you were told.)

"If she ever ministered to you, you know her ministry was personal (and could inflict tremendous damage)."

"The best way for us to honor such a woman of God is to walk with the Lord the way she did." (No thank you.)

"(With) Marilyn's passing . . . now is the time for us to mature." (FINALLY!?)

"Today . . . we imitate her faith." (No thank you.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: October 21, 2016 11:53PM

kBOY Wrote:

> "If she ever ministered to you, you know her
> ministry was personal

Yes, it was personal. I can confirm that.

p.s. welcome back, kBoy. I appreciate your work in translating the Word.

Date: October 22, 2016 01:27AM

kBOY Wrote:

> "The best way for us to honor such a woman of God
> is to walk with the Lord the way she did."
> (No thank you.)

I'm just not brutal enough to walk with God the way she did. Perhaps if I prayed hard enough God could make me that way...and I can get really serious about ruining other people's lives. But right now I'm actually kinda comfortable being a gimp. Complacency is grossly underrated (IMO).

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 22, 2016 02:44AM

I appreciate your comments too kBoy and the fact that we have been able to disagree about a few things without shunning one another or speaking death wishes on each other. Goes to show (I think) how much of the LW dust we have shaken off and that's a very good thing.

I listened to the link to the 1982 tape by Marilyn (provided on the message by Gary) and I was struck by how much M was sucked into the "word" (not the Bible but John's extra-biblical revelation). She called John an oracle. OMG.

Mental health professionals recommend acknowledging lessons learned when recovering from abuse. For me the lesson learned that I will never forget is what happens when leaven (that which is false and evil) mixes in with the teachings of Christ. In TLW much of the leaven was pride and cultic control. Paul called leaven a persuasion, something that exerts a powerful or moving influence not of God. In a way this sounds like Paul was describing brainwashing and mind control. The leaven that G&M exerted on the fellowship to me is symbolic of the actions that disintegrate, break up and corrupt. Though out the M tape I heard her mixing leaven (John's extra biblical word) with the Bible as did John. IMHO this is the gross error of TLW. Jesus and his disciples said watch out and beware of the leaven.

Sidebar: AD's use of the term gimp was a cheap shot. But remember, AD had just become a widow having lost his spouse to cancer and unless you have been there, I think I can say based upon my own experience, that AD's comment was coming from a place of total devastation and loss. I think his posts at the time indicate he was unraveling so anything said shouldn't be taken personally. And he did apologize.

Date: October 22, 2016 04:11AM

lily rose Wrote:

> Sidebar: AD's use of the term gimp was a cheap
> shot. But remember, AD had just become a widow
> having lost his spouse to cancer and unless you
> have been there, I think I can say based upon my
> own experience, that AD's comment was coming from
> a place of total devastation and loss. I think his
> posts at the time indicate he was unraveling so
> anything said shouldn't be taken personally. And
> he did apologize.

I don't a problem with AD. I harbor no ill-will toward him--understanding, as you said, that he was in a very painful place...and perhaps still is. Even if I did have an issue with him, he's still free to return and express whatever is on his mind regarding this cult. The only restraint (as far as I know) is the rules put forth by the moderator.

p.s. I was going to include a comment Marilyn made to be once...obviously not happy with me...stating that I was a 'piss ant'. I probably should have went with that, and dropped the gimp reference. Even though, in my own mind, I am a mighty son of God--it seems like I'm still trying to learn how to communicate.

Date: October 22, 2016 05:41AM

It would be nice if I read my comments to myself before posting them, so i would (hopefully) spot grammatical errors, and correct them in advance.

Example:
<I don't a problem with AD>

I meant to write:
I problem don't AD, with
curmudgeon.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: October 23, 2016 01:00AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEADBANGER NEWS: Do As I Say, Not As I
> Do

>
> "Marilyn--The Woman Behind The Word"

> October 20, 2016
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]
> lyn-the-woman-behind-the-word/
>
> ". . . we should be inspired and encouraged by the
> amazing legacy Marilyn leaves behind . . ."
> (Which includes the carnage and collateral
> damage.)

>
> "The choices she made in serving the Lord have had
> far-reaching effects." (Which includes the
> carnage and collateral damage.)

>
> "Her love and faith touched thousands of people
> (as did the damage she inflicted upon so
> many)
."
>
> "Marilyn . . . made us a family."
> (Unnecessarily dysfunctional)
>
> "Marilyn had a mother's heart for God's people."
> (As long as you did what you were
> told.)

>
> "If she ever ministered to you, you know her
> ministry was personal (and could inflict
> tremendous damage)
."
>
> "The best way for us to honor such a woman of God
> is to walk with the Lord the way she did."
> (No thank you.)
>
> "(With) Marilyn's passing . . . now is the time
> for us to mature." (FINALLY!?)
>
> "Today . . . we imitate her faith." (No
> thank you.)

What a load of xxxx. After listening to weeks of election nonsense, I couldn't let this one pass.

Marlilyn Stevens Hargrave was a selfish manipulating piece of work. I personally witnessed her twist and destroy people's lives to enrich her own postion (there are many, many stories here on this forum). Gary was along for the ride.

Anything good that John Stevens left behind (and that whole thing is debatable), she hijacked for her own selfish purposes. As for being a "Mother", a mother does not eat her own young. Her legacy is a history of destroyed lives.

Let's be crystal clear, there's NOTHING here to honor or imitate. Its a total abomination to suggest this woman was some sort of saint...

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:01AM

Perhaps the greatest lesson I learned from my time in TLWF was not to let a human take the place of God – it will end up being destructive. A human can point the way to the One who can give you a nature change, but they cannot give you a nature change themselves. They can grant you positions and favor in systems they have built to be self-serving, but they simply do not have the ability change your heart.

Much of Christianity is over-selling what their particular group can provide, and unfortunately there is very little accountability when it doesn’t happen – they just tweak the doctrine a little. God’s word never fails to produce what He sends it to perform – man’s words are quite different. That’s something to think about while you wait for the breakthrough that’s waiting on the next new level you’ve been promised and the years continue to tick by. At least Rick will get a nice house for his next wife from the Hargrave Family Trust, in exchange for your years of faithful service. You will not even see the red flags that were in plain sight the whole time.

Perhaps the second most important thing I learned is that another human cannot give you what they do not have - resurrection life for starters. If you are looking for help with your marriage, you first go to God to change your heart, and then you can receive input from those with excellent marriages. You’re not going to get life-changing input on your finances from someone whose finances are in shambles. You are not going to learn to be a good parent from someone who wants nothing to do with their kids.

Just as a reality check, what would it take for you to want to see your ex (if you have one) and children destroyed? You can talk about what a great father John was, but the real test is how he treated his own family - the rest is just fantasy. Can you imagine never talking to your own daughter because your new wife would not allow it as Gary has done? Can you see what is wrong with picking someone else’s husband and seducing them for yourself – twice - as Marilyn has done? Then it all gets blamed on "God" for leading their actions. Really? You might try the God of the scriptures and you'll get way better results.

The plumb line for right and wrong behavior in TLWF is what “bears witness” instead of what the scriptures teach. That’s mind control – and you do not know it is happening to you while you are under the spell. I seriously think you could talk to someone who is not even a Christian and they would know what was wrong with this type of behavior. Until you have examples of great families that are actually functional, instead of wanting the other members to treat you as God and praying for their destruction when they refuse, you have no reference point. I didn’t even know they existed until I left TLWF. It’s also quite an eye-opener to talk with the victims of this “godly” behavior instead of sweeping them under the carpet and calling them Nephilims – whatever that is. Maybe you should visit with Marilyn’s step-daughters before you place her on a pedestal – if they survived the “prayers” of destruction, which I’m sure they did.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: October 23, 2016 03:06AM

Well said, 40yearsin2016. Thank You!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: October 23, 2016 05:02AM

Yes, well said 40yearsin2016, Larry, changedagain, kBoy. How ironic TLW was/is about putting their leaders on a pedestal, even after their passing, but the ex-pats won't have it. I don't know but there are probably thousands or maybe millions of flaky deceptive false prophets and teachers in the world today who mix the truth with the occult and deceit (like JRS and G&M) and who are accountable to no one. But how many of them have their own following of mighty sons of God who will speak out, expose them, and make them accountable? The Apostle Paul named 8 deceivers during his time. He named them for the protection of the Church.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.