> July 24, 2016

> "We give ourselves (like never before, but,
> what about the previous word?)
to becoming
> a family, and continue to pray and prophesy
> (like never before) that the whole
> Body of Christ (or TLW leadership)
> recognizes the importance of family."

When Gary established Hargrave Family Ministries back in 1982, who beside himself was/is part of this family? I'm assuming it is not possible to have a family that consists of just one person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: July 28, 2016 07:34PM

C.A.

As pointed out previously, this is all the more strange in that it was established while he was still married to Donna and JRS still had a pulse. It was probably the result of a 'prophetic vision', or more obviously, the workings of an insider, backroom deal, only a few were privy to.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 28, 2016 10:06PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"C.A.
As pointed out previously, this is all the more strange in that it was established while he was still married to Donna and JRS still had a pulse. It was probably the result of a 'prophetic vision', or more obviously, the workings of an insider, backroom deal, only a few were privy to."

The Christian world being taught the importance of family from the likes of him, is beyond ridiculous. I suppose it could be worse. I hear that Kim Jong-un is writing a book on fostering healthy, productive relationships.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 30, 2016 02:16PM

larry bobo Wrote:
> >
> TLWF has very little value to me now from a
> doctrinal standpoint (the people of course are
> wonderful) except to illustrate what not to do.
> If you secretly want to rule over others, it will
> feed that evil in you – just like the prosperity
> gospel does with the greedy. 60+ years is plenty
> enough time to examine the fruit as Jesus taught.
> Those that claim to be ruling and reigning with
> Christ can barely run their own lives, much less
> the world. They only spend so much time nit
> picking the lives of others, under the guise of
> discipleship, so that others will be distracted
> from the train wreck of their own lives. >

Larry kudos for continually reminding us to examine the fruit. Did anyone while in the LW ever "test all things" and look at the fruit in their lives while multi-tasking all the activities of the Living Word that were to bring forth the kingdom or "test the spirits" of the church leaders who would lay hands on them or "test the prophecies" if they be true. I failed to examine anything. My life was a train wreck too. When the fruit reveals itself, and it is bad, it's too unimaginable to think it might have been a liar or a thief that was reaching into your heart and ruining you. But that's exactly what the liar and thief does.
>

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: July 30, 2016 04:42PM

lily rose Wrote:
> larry bobo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > TLWF has very little value to me now from a
> > doctrinal standpoint (the people of course are
> > wonderful) except to illustrate what not to do.
>
> > If you secretly want to rule over others, it
> will
> > feed that evil in you – just like the
> prosperity
> > gospel does with the greedy. 60+ years is
> plenty
> > enough time to examine the fruit as Jesus
> taught.
> > Those that claim to be ruling and reigning with
> > Christ can barely run their own lives, much
> less
> > the world. They only spend so much time nit
> > picking the lives of others, under the guise of
> > discipleship, so that others will be distracted
> > from the train wreck of their own lives. >
>
> __________________________________________________
> _______________
>
> Larry kudos for continually reminding us to
> examine the fruit. Did anyone while in the LW ever
> "test all things" and look at the fruit in their
> lives while multi-tasking all the activities of
> the Living Word that were to bring forth the
> kingdom or "test the spirits" of the church
> leaders who would lay hands on them or "test the
> prophecies" if they be true. I failed to examine
> anything. My life was a train wreck too. When the
> fruit reveals itself, and it is bad, it's too
> unimaginable to think it might have been a liar or
> a thief that was reaching into your heart and
> ruining you. But that's exactly what the liar and
> thief does.
> >

Dear Lily; Yes my sub-conscious/rational mind did test the fruit. That was the basis of me "Blowing out" and leaving. I discovered John was a drunk. I discovered that he lived a lifestyle in a Hollywood neighborhood that I would likely never live. I discovered that "we" were paying for it all with they lives of our youth.

I discovered my Pastor had "purposely kept us in the dark" to "protect us" from all that had and was going on - the one guy (after John) that I'd trusted with my life, he'd lied to me.

It put everything I'd been taught, all the "revelations" I'd had into question. Looking back, testing the fruit led me to the brink of a psychological break. I stopped believing much of anything. I survived, scarred but alive. I know some that did better, I know some who didn't do as well.

Reading through this forum has been like going through an old shoe box from the closet. A lot of stuff that I'd thought I'd thrown out years ago. Some stuff I'd saved and cherished. God Bless Lily Rose.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 30, 2016 10:19PM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:

> Dear Lily; Yes my sub-conscious/rational mind did
> test the fruit. That was the basis of me "Blowing
> out" and leaving. I discovered John was a drunk.
> I discovered that he lived a lifestyle in a
> Hollywood neighborhood that I would likely never
> live. I discovered that "we" were paying for it
> all with they lives of our youth.

So true. I know while in TLWF I made the 'mistake' of openly joking about being required to obey/trust pastors that provided direction to people's lives while obviously intoxicated, and the backlash was severe (life threatening). I don't think I was coming from a "religious" place in my concern...more from an awareness of what these alcohol-fueled directives could do in fostering even more confusion, and a state of dependence, in the most vulnerable. Fortunately, a few of these "words of direction" I received I questioned (without admitting it to anyone), and eventually dismissed outright. In retrospect, it spared me from being completely victimized.
Good to hear from you, 40yearsin2016.
I think I mentioned before that I spent 21 years in the fellowship ('76-'97)--quite a chunk of my life--but still less time than many who participate in the forum.

Date: July 31, 2016 04:40AM

Great posts changed and 40yearsin2016 (yes, really good to hear from you and right back at you...bless you too). While at Shiloh an individual who edited This Weeks (I knew from the Valley) asked me for a ride to a liquor store to purchase a cart full of liquor to stock up for the winter. This individual had a private room at Shiloh but lived in poverty (no income) and maybe pain and depression all the while to get out the This Week publications. There were nods from JRS acknowledging the dedication, but from our conversations this person I think was being eaten up by the LW lifestyle which did not bring the fruit of the spirit such as peace. That bad teaching that being drunk was okay and if you thought otherwise you had a religious spirit produced its own bad fruit.

40years said in a past post about being haunted by words spoken to you by JRS that were like sawdust. I too received direction that haunted and crushed me for most of my life that I tried to suppress, push down, forget but couldn't. But something changed said in a past post something to the effect of realizing that living your life believing a delusion was excruciating (sorry if I misquoted part of it) got me to consider that the control and theft though horrifying came from that which pretended to be God. It wasn't God at all; if anything it was a masquerade.

Many eaten up by the LW did/do not survive with their faith intact but as they say it's not over till it's over. There are places where the Word of God produces good fruit, if we can trust again.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:54AM

lily rose said – “It wasn't God at all; if anything it was a masquerade. Many eaten up by the LW did/do not survive with their faith intact but as they say it's not over till it's over. There are places where the Word of God produces good fruit, if we can trust again.”

That’s so true lily rose. The conditioning from TLWF is so deep, looking for a man or woman to take the place of God. In essence, worshipping the creation instead of the Creator. The alternative is to go directly to Him – the Way, the Truth, and the Life. “No one comes to the Father except through me” – we don’t need another human’s permission from any group. He is perfectly trust worthy and anxious to have a relationship with each one of us.

It really is a lie to assume we have to go through a human mediator or church system to get to God. There is only one mediator – Jesus Christ. The more a group allows you to have a personal relationship with the Lord, the better the fruit will be - but it’s also good to know that you do not need anyone’s permission. That’s their requirement, not God’s.

I think the ones that have the most success are those who throw off any human input for a season. Even John did that at the beginning of TLWF. Everyone needs their own Holy Jim Canyon experience – even if his was questionable. What they really need to watch out for is the Marilyn that comes along and says I’m now God, follow me. He will place you in the body as it pleases Him after He places something in you to give to others. “Apart from me you can do nothing.” We have the tendency to get the cart before the horse thinking the church will give us God. In actuality, God will give us the church when His Spirit causes us to love one another.

Date: August 01, 2016 02:42PM

larry bobo said: "I think the ones that have the most success are those who throw off any human input for a season."

Yes, probably so.

The Disciple/Apostle Peter is known for having been restored after many missteps. A friend sent the following:

Peter’s twitter account might look something like this.

Followed Jesus. #Fish4Guys

Rabbi heals. #PeepsGetWell. #Amazing

Told Rabbi not to go to the cross. Bit my tongue. #StupidWords

Rabbi transfigured in Heavenly Glory. Tried to sell tickets. Said something stupid. Again. #GodMad.

Cast out some demons! #JesusPower

Watched Jesus make tasty bread. 20,000 meals. #FoodMiracle

Walked on water. Should never have taken my eyes off of Jesus. #UnderWater.

Figured out Rabbi was the SOTLG. (Son of the Living God). #JesusImpressed

In the garden. Slept. Cut Malchus’ Ear. Jesus said, “Put up UR sword.” #EarBlood #Humiliated.

Rabbi crucified. I ran. #Bummer #EpicFail

Denied Christ. #LiarLiar #HateMyself.

Gave up on Jesus. Lost it. #RTF (Returned to fishing)

Restored at seaside breakfast. #MySecondChance

Nothing but nets. Rabbi came. Big fish fry. #HeForgave

“Do you love me with divine love?” “I like you a lot.” “Do you even like me a lot?” #BrokeMyHeart.

Rabbi called me Rock. Cool nickname. We’re tight. #JesusMyBFF

Commissioned: Tend my sheep. Feed my lambs. Lead my church. #I’mBack

Preached with power. 3,000 saved. #HolyGhostRevival

Pastored FBC Jerusalem. #VictoryTime

Wrote 2 Bible books. Knew I could do it. Yea! #JesusInMe

Crucified. World looks funny upside down. #HeavenWaiting

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 03, 2016 08:09PM

HEADLINE NEWS: The Sweet Bye and Bye, or Pie in the Sky

"The Kingdom is the Father's Family"

July 31, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

"The Kingdom is God's ultimate plan where Jesus Christ becomes the Lord and Sovereign ruler over all the earth." (Actually, he said I GO to prepare a 'place' . . .)

"The Kingdom of God is among you" (Luke 17:21). (Meaning, a state of AWARENESS, not a physical 'place'.)

"The early church was a family, but eventually, that purity and power was lost." (In less than one generation, and directly following the death of the teacher. Perhaps they did not understand the teaching.)

"We have been in a time of the restoration of the New Testament church." (In otherwords, the last 2,000+ years . . .)

"God established shepherds to guide the sheep . . . " (That cannot be blamed on HEAVEN.)

"There will be a moment (wait for it) when God pours out his Spirit on all flesh (Joel 2:28), but that won't happen until the church becomes a family." (Guided by the aforementioned shepherds?)

"Only a family can retain and perpetuate God's Spirit on the earth." (A long row to hoe for TLW.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.