Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 11, 2016 08:21AM

In retrospect, it is amazing just how many actions were taken ‘in the name of God’ that were not only devoid of LOVE, but were downright harmful. It seems that on almost every level, doctrine would always take priority.

Although never having the pleasure, the ‘probe’ was just one of many thoroughly unjustified invasions of privacy that attempted to manufacture ‘oneness’ by artificially enforcing agreement. Living with tunnel vision caused peripheral blindness, and with it, the inability to provide any point of reference that would indicate that the vehicle had veered badly off course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2016 08:23AM by kBOY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: January 11, 2016 11:41AM

I think Martha Stevens was right when she said at the divorce that John Stevens was the church. It all revolved around him. As for the members, he was the main reason for the church, it was a closed circuit, he would speak into their egos and they in turn would speak into his ego. They lived to support him and to raise up praised to him. The church sought after a god in the flesh instead of the “invisible God,” they wanted a god they could manipulate. Oh it was subconscious, not something they realized so much a the time, but if you create an idol out of a man, you have created for yourself a false deity that you can manipulate to say what you want to hear. It’s a pretty setup really, while both you and your false deity are alive you can live the fantasy that you have an eternity in the blissful praise you put on him and him on you. But then something happens, you false god topped over. Like JRS said “IF THEY CARRY ME OUT FEET FIRST,,,,,,” Well, that’s what happened allright.

The Walk ended when JRS kicked the bucket. In my estimation, the second phase of it, the Garyland years were just the death quiver of the dying snake.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 12, 2016 12:03PM

I'm been re-watching the HBO documentary film "Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief". There are many points in that film that resonates with me and in many ways, (but on a more subtle level), the traits of Scientology are present in the Living Word. (even today).

I am also struck by how L. Ron Hubbard founded Scientology and when he died, a young, more aggressive bully type person took over the leadership of that cult. Reminds me of how it went with the LW as well.

Also, with the membership dwindling, the CoS has refocused its efforts to acquiring real estate assets instead of church members. Sound familiar?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 12, 2016 11:47PM

paleface Wrote:
> Also, with the membership dwindling, the CoS has
> refocused its efforts to acquiring real estate
> assets instead of church members. Sound familiar?

Hargrave Family Real Estate Ministries?

Date: January 13, 2016 02:46AM

Even though certain aspects may not necessarily apply, there are obvious ones that do.

How The Church Fails and Forgets Those Who Leave

[johnpavlovitz.com]

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 13, 2016 05:05AM

Gotta love John Pavlovitz. He's saying stuff that needs to be said.

Date: January 14, 2016 12:07AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even though certain aspects may not necessarily
> apply, there are obvious ones that do.
>
> How The Church Fails and Forgets Those Who
> Leave

>
> [johnpavlovitz.com]
> -outside-how-the-church-fails-and-forgets-those-wh
> o-leave/

It's extremely doubtful that if we had any awareness, early on in our Walk/TlWF experience, of how many people close to us would be, in effect, shown the exit--we spend another day there.
I got to the point where if I respected someone, I figured it meant this person's days were numbered. Invariably, I was correct.

Date: January 14, 2016 12:37AM

When the auto-generated birthday cards quit arriving I knew the end had come.

Date: January 14, 2016 04:53AM

kBOY Wrote:
> When the auto-generated birthday cards quit
> arriving I knew the end had come.

Ha

Date: January 14, 2016 05:40AM

kBOY Wrote:
> When the auto-generated birthday cards quit
> arriving I knew the end had come.

Nothing says 'We Miss You' and 'We're Thinking about You' than an auto-generated birthday card!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.