Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 03, 2015 05:42AM

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that Gary Hargrave is not going to stay in charge for very long. He is just too boring. I don't think he would be booted out with nothing like John Miller, Bill Maybe, and a host of others, I think he has been smart enough to cover his ass-ets better, knowing church policy up till now, and being the one that did the booting out, but I think he is going to be pushed aside by Rick Holbrook. After all, Rick Holbrook has the royal blood in him, and he no doubt is not as boring. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if mother Marilyn had been smart enough to divert much of the royal fortune to her son through hook and crook before she died. I guess we will see soon enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 03, 2015 05:54AM

I've heard that the LW leaders tell their sheep to disregard what we ex-LW members have to say. Because, they say, we were never true disciples. True disciples would not have left the fellowship.

Date: December 03, 2015 06:37AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard that the LW leaders tell their sheep to
> disregard what we ex-LW members have to say.
> Because, they say, we were never true disciples.
> True disciples would not have left the fellowship.

I think if people in the Living Word now, whether they are leaders or not, if they are stupid enough to believe what they hear, they deserve whatever happens to them. After all, everybody in it now has, other than the children unlucky enough to be born into it, all have seen friends and even relatives kicked out for no reason at all. In fact, they have themselves turned on friends and relatives, and therefore they should know that it is coming to them, and they deserve it.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 03, 2015 07:08AM

pbxguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just remembering the fans in the sawmill
> that were run all day with the aim of keeping the
> flies off the workers. They were 4' diameter with
> 2' blades. No fan guards. Every now and then, we
> would notice the fan oscillating wildly and run to
> turn it off, noticing it had lost a blade. We
> would find the blade stuck in the wall inches from
> where someone was working. "The Elders" would
> praise God for the miracle of saving his "little
> ones" from harm.

Expletive.
This is incredible. A scene from a truly insane, religious reality show.
Season 3 Episode 2: 'The Missing Fan Blade'

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 03, 2015 07:10AM

A.D.

You have correctly identified the culture of fear that permeates the entire fellowship, going all the way back to unHoly Jim Canyon. That foundation can be traced back to the formation of Israel as the ‘chosen’ people, who were repeated instructed to separate themselves out from all others in order to not risk being unduly influenced by the mixed multitude.

UnHoly Jim Canyon, along with all the teachings regarding the ‘pure’ atmosphere, have time and again given justification to any and all shunning and expulsion. Top things off with the eminent destruction of any who dare to leave the fold, and you have the recipe for a serious mind-f*ck.

As you rightly pointed out, those who have been around long enough to witness the consequences of those who left, are not in any hurry to incur the same treatment themselves. Perhaps the days ahead will afford them an opportunity for an easy exit. Only time will tell.

Date: December 03, 2015 07:46AM

Being a proud alumni of the sawmill, and one who left with all my fingers, this is fertile ground for much discussion. The entire facility was an OSHA nightmare waiting to implode. So numerous were the opportunities for partial dismemberment, that one hardly knows where to begin.

My only claim to fame was losing a fingertip that I absent-mindedly sent into the 36” blade of the cant-saw while slicing off the mountains of boards that made up the pallet decks. Boy, did those flies love the fresh juice of cottonwood, that would ooze out with each slice. You could literally pick up one board and smash it down on the pile of boards you were cutting and stacking and kill 50 flies at a time. Very efficient.

The most serious injury I witnessed was down in the lower mill that sliced the trees into long cants, which would then be cut-to-length by a jury-rigged cut-off saw that would retract the saw assembly with a weight on a chain (really sophisticated). One of my closest brothers was working the cut-off saw when the retracting mechanism jammed, but not before he was pushing the cant forward for the next cut. The blade assembly came back across and almost severed his hand from his arm. It was not pretty. I happened to be standing nearby, when he yelled to me. Once I saw what had happened, I ripped my shirt off and wrapped it around his mangled arm. (I have no EMT training and do not like the sight of blood.) Simon quickly assessed the situation and immediately whisked him away to the hospital in Iowa City.

The injury cut through both bones in his arm and severed all the tendons leading to his fingers. At the time, the doctors gave him a 60% chance of recovery for the use of his fingers in a years time, but he regained almost full use in about six months. We were actually back on the basketball court together before the year was out.

It must have been a miracle . . .

Date: December 03, 2015 12:30PM

Now I am sure that none of the money made in that dilapidated saw mill was used for the financial gain of any of the ministries. And speaking of the ministries, knowing the Living Word fellowship like I know it, since there were no positions and all, everybody being the same, total equality, I assume you are going to get to the part about seeing the APCO boys and even John himself, along with Gary Hargrave, and of course Marilyn, she had to be there too, out there feeding lumber to those hungry saw blades along with the little people. We have to let all the current Living Worders know how our leaders are always in the trenches right with us, in fact they are leading us.

By the way, after the law stepped in and you guys were paid hourly for your work, minimum wage, of course, judging from the maintenance and the saftey procedures there I would assume unions were discouraged, but I assume that when you were paid minimum wage of two bucks an hour, or 80 bucks a week, that the overtime must have stopped, as Kboy was saying origionally you were were working nearly 60 hours a week.

Date: December 03, 2015 12:36PM

In the one kingdom business I had first hand dealings with I helped the pastor of one of the churches in the south work in his print shop, and the workers there didn't get paid anything other than room and board. It was really amazing how one lady was reduced to tears one day because the pastor there thought that she was the cause of his writer's block and said that he perceived that it was a nephelim assault coming out of her.

Needless to say, that pastor and myself didn't go out that night and drink up the day's take at the bar like we normally did, we had it out during the church service that night. He accused me of being in a wrong relationship with the woman that I was defending. Same old BS, I have heard every time a pastor gets confronted, this time he didn't use the ole "touch not God's anointed" thing though.

Date: December 03, 2015 03:55PM

Actually I wrote another post but I think it got lost, so if it comes up I am sorry to duplicate it. But I was telling about a kingdom business that I actually worked in for a week. I was supposed to work there two weeks but I got mad and confronted the pastor in the middle of a service and left. But anyway, in that kingdom business there was only three or four people, all women that worked at a bookstore here in the South. The pastor wrote lots of stuff and sold it in his bookstore, he even printed it up his self, or actually he had a woman in the church working full time, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, all of them did, and all of them did it for room and board. Anyway, I went there to proof read his stuff while he was writing it in the other room. He got writer's block one day and he came in and said that there was a Nephilim assault coming from the print room. Well, I me and the lady running the press was in there. So I was thinking this joker was talking to me, but he wasn't. He cussed that woman out really bad. But anyway, I got him back in the service right after he got through reading a This Week, "A Broken Spirit Clears the Air." Well, anyway, that ended my time working in a Kingdom business. i did get paid much more than the women that worked there though, cause every night the Pastor would get the money out of the cash register at the book store and we would go out and blow it drinking at the bar. That was the only time I got paid for any "ministry" work, all the beer I could drink every night along with some really good Southern cooking.

BTW, this guy accused me of "having a wrong bond" with the woman because I said he was basically an @$$HOLE for calling he a Neph because he was either too hungover or just having a brain (BLIP) and couldn't write for a minute.

WEll, at least he didn't accuse me of "touching God's anointed." That has happened to me before too. Any time you tell a preacher the truth, that happens.

Date: December 03, 2015 09:16PM

A.D.

Interesting that you would bring up APCO at the sawmill. During both summers of ‘78 & ‘79, when there was always a large influx of folks visiting from outlying churches, they would occasionally assign the sawmill as a work-duty to various visitors including ministries. We at the mill would always get a chuckle over it, sensing that when some ‘top-dog’ was sent our way, it was either as some sort of discipline or just an attempt to shake them out of complacency. If you came from an urban background that was fairly sheltered, the sawmill could be quite a rude awakening. The gnarly machinery and noise alone was enough to scare off any ne’er-do-well.

I remember on two separate occasions Bill Maybee and Glen Oswalt each were assigned to spend the day with us. Both took it in good stride, were fascinated with the whole process, and enjoyed it as best they could, knowing that it was not a lifetime sentence. We at the mill appreciated the opportunity to get to know each of them better outside their normal habitat and were all the better for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 09:18PM by kBOY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.