Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 25, 2015 06:50AM

PALEFACE:

As both of us know, the grass is greener. For those still lost in the labyrinth, they are unable to see the grass at all. Perhaps from a higher perspective, we can provide some direction to assist them out of the maze once and for all.

The train departs in ten minutes . . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: November 25, 2015 10:39AM

There were some questions about JRS's library, about occult books that he supposedly had, I can't answer about those, I do know that lots of the things about living /word are not new, the auras, the sensations in the body meaning this or that, and of course the influence of Warnock's books, that is pretty easily proven, you can see that just by reading Warnock's books, they came before the Walk, it's all right there available to read for anybody that wants to know. I don't know that JRS claimed to have the origional revelation about all that or not, it was assumed to be all origional stuff. I recall that one guy in our church was bragging all about how JRS was the first one in history to know about putting food underground, or below ground level to help preserve it, but that is an idea that is centuries old, but still anything that JRS thought of people jumped on it and said it was something he came up with.

About the occult books though, I too wouldn't mind knowing more about that if I could find out, I just don't know where that information would come from.

Date: November 25, 2015 12:29PM

Maybe I should not have said that elders pastors and elder that separate wives and husbands and alienate children from their parents and leaders that kick out good ministries that have been loyal for thirty years, boot them out with out their pensions, that these wonderful people just might not be Christians.

Members of this so called "apostolic company" that scream into the microphone that hey "NEVER KNEW THIS CHRIST DUDE" sell, maybe they too are Christians, and therefore they should not be questioned.

Maybe, just maybe Marilyn was innocent too, perhaps she was our wonderful reverent mother and she was acting under the anointing as she pushed two wives out of the way and snagged their husbands, and maybe John was also the apostle of the kingdom and if we had been more submissive he would have never died and we would have been ruling the world together under the headship of JOHN, (*after all, you know who JOHN REALLY IS)_

Maybe I am wrong and I need some sort of proof to know that this shit just aint of God and it has never been.

Date: November 25, 2015 02:10PM

Let this be known among you , all that are now following and all that have in the past followed the teaching of John Robert Stevens.

We can be OF Christ, and we can be LIKE Christ, but we can never BE Christ. There is ONE Christ in the Earth, we can never be His equal. When we say that we are His brother, then we are bringing Christ down to our level, or we exalt ourselves to His level. When you say this, I ask the question, can you drink of this cup? Can you drink of the cup of Christ and if you can ,and when you do bleed and die for me, then I might respect you, but I will never worship you because by your death I will never gain eternal life, and by your stripes I will never be healed, because there is one that has given Himself for me.

I know that Christ is the first born of many brethren, and I know that by His sacrifice He has won our salvation, but that scripture is not saying that we will ever BE HIM or that we will ever be of His royal lineage. That scripture is saying that we have eternal life, we are eternal beings and we will live with Him forever, but we will not rule and reign with him, unless we are the ones that have lived sin free lives. Show me if you are one of 144,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel that have never defiled yourself with women, put up or shut up, God WILL call your bluff.

It is time to repent, and repent completely. The people of this silly little sect have confronted forces that the angels of the Lord do not confront, instead they say “the Lord rebuke you.” It is time to repent and find our place UNDER Christ.

Call no man father, you have a Father , call no man Lord, call no man teacher, repent of the idolatry that is the basis of your whole spirituality. Idolatry is a grievous sin. John Robert Stevens was a rebel and a rogue and because of this rebellion he fell prey to deception and he was capable of spreading that deception because he was enabled to do so because of the powers that he provoked when he opened that door.

I followed this man because I was just like him. I followed this man because this renegade spirituality tantalized something in me, within my rogue nature, it pleased my flesh. The Living Word was a counterfeit gospel that helped intrigued me, because I thought that it confirmed what my soul/ flesh desired, I thought that it proved that ISHMAEL could live in His sight, my FLESH could be made eternal, to never die, that I could party on forever with no judgement at all.

I had to repent of that. I repent for that now, that I ever wanted a substitute of the Grace of God, the Grace to walk in the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lust of MY FLESH. Satan said “Hath not God said?” He told me that I could have that forbidden fruit, that I could be AS GOD,” and I took a bite of that fruit, same as all that walked that path.

The path is cut deep, by the apostle’s feet, away from old order to the house on Blix street.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: November 25, 2015 03:00PM

Good grief, we all got out of one cult. We don't need to hear from anybody in this forum telling us we all need to repent. I mean, for Pete's sake, get a grip.

Date: November 25, 2015 04:03PM

There is a whole movement out there that is taking steps that are built on this foundation right here. First of all, I was speaking to people that I know that are still pushing this agenda in their writings and teachings. And also I was speaking to people that are still in this church. I was not speaking to people that have a long time ago dropped this from their mentality. Repent means changes. Also I was not speaking to people that have decided that they do not want anything to do with Christ because they decided that this guy was false therefore to them Christ is false too. To you guys, I feel for you, but that is your decision, I would not try to change your mind, that is one of your rights. No, I was speaking to somebody else, if you take it personally, that is your problem.

Date: November 25, 2015 09:46PM

We who have thankfully left are hopefully grazing on greener pastures. It has required some distance in order to gain much needed perspective.

There is every reason to be encouraged for those who continue to languish in the fellowship. With the transition of its primary figurehead, who was for the little people, no more than an appendage of its primary ‘word bringer’ (and who apparently announced at the LA memorial that he will be stepping back even further), there are multiple dynamics at play.

The focal point of the spiritual hierarchy will be further diminished, which may assist in depowering the position-grabbing mindset so prevalent in the culture. The expectation level of any endtime vision has so faded into the background that the only direction and momentum the movement now has is to be no more than an isolated local church. This will hopefully weaken the control over the little people to allow them to either ‘enjoy’ life more in the fellowship, or be the sign to head for the exit. Either way that is a plus.

Since there are no programs at work to bring in new members, other than the exposure of the Valley school, the workforce and financial base of the fellowship will continue to atrophy. TLW is very literally a snake that has lost its head, but continues to show life. As life continues to drain out, so will its influence over people’s lives.

There is light at the end of this tunnel.

Date: November 25, 2015 11:19PM

KBoy said:
Since there are no programs at work to bring in new members, other than the exposure of the Valley school, the workforce and financial base of the fellowship will continue to atrophy. TLW is very literally a snake that has lost its head, but continues to show life. As life continues to drain out, so will its influence over people’s lives.

There is light at the end of this tunnel.

I really hope so KBoy. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that Shiloh, (that we built by the way, I never worked on it, but I did contribute to it) but think about how great it would be to know that Shiloh turned into a huge homeless shelter or a rehab for addicts or some other humanitarian sanctuary and the churches that are left perhaps turn into video stores or gun shops, or even maybe churches where people worship God instead of the leader.

Posted by: cheriegate ()
Date: November 25, 2015 11:38PM

I did, the question was more general, meaning how many elders were actually aware of JRS roots and ideas.

If you draw a rectangle with the left side being 1948 and the right side 1983 I have placed my friend with a smaller circle (1976-1983) partially inside this larger rectangle. He had some non-orthodox ideas which matched The Walk's but he was unaware of this larger rectangle. When Marilyn first spoke after JRS death, my friend knew there was no turning, he was out.

Date: November 25, 2015 11:50PM

A.D.

Actually, TLW has in many ways over the last 25 years attempted to ‘normalize’ itself with the community at large (Christmas truck, Valley school, Shiloh fireworks, Marilyn Farms, Shiloh U., etc.) which will ultimately contribute to de-emphasizing it as a personality-cult. That, along with a liturgy that has become so diluted that it barely poses a threat even to an innocent passerby, and you have the formula for being ‘ordinary’.

More and more I see pictures of folks, who in the past, never seemed to have the opportunity to enjoy themselves outside of church functions, now going out, taking vacations, spending time with family outside the fellowship, etc.

Referencing Shiloh, I not only helped in its construction, but lived there, met my wife there, and was married there. There was a time when a ‘shepherd’ from an outlying church made his own sign and put it at the entrance. It read, “If you don’t have the guts to become a prophet STAY OUT”.

We’ve come along way, baby, with still much ground to cover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.