Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: cheriegate ()
Date: November 24, 2015 11:19PM

If it was a large library and "part" of it was at the Kling house, where was the rest? My Walk connection was at the Valley fellowship for almost 10 years (75-83) and part of it as an elder who also wrote checks from the Community Money. He tells me he didn't know JRS personally and never saw the Library. So I'm thinking how can such an intelligent and spiritual person with a Masters Degree not know the original JRS and the influence of Warnock's The Feast of Tabernacles books on him with the eventual influence of so many "dark" books during the 60s?

By the way, just trying to understand the connections. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: November 25, 2015 12:03AM

Cheriegate, why don't you ask him?

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: November 25, 2015 01:00AM

KBoy, you are dead right. I only hope that JRS was aware of how much he let his need to be worshiped destroy all of it, I hope he realized before he died, and when it was too late for him to do anything, as he had given all of his power over to Marilyn, I really hope he died with it all on his mind, that he, himself was the cause of the destruction of all that he had worked for. I don't hope he died in physical pain, but I hope he died in bitter repentance.

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TLW has always been tightly stratified, as an
> organization as a whole, and within each specific
> area. I was in the LA area from ‘76-’82,
> apart from a stint at Shiloh. I spent time in
> South Gate, did a couple of tours in the Valley,
> was involved with the Blix House and Comm West,
> and even poked my nose in on occasion at the LW
> Building.
>
> JRS had his own entourage of loyal 1st generation,
> 2nd generation, and of course, Blix girls.
> Loyalty on every level is what kept you in the
> fold, or would open the door to being promoted, no
> matter what the area. Disloyalty was severely
> dealt with, from being kicked to the outskirts of
> the camp, to complete banishment. No one was
> immune.
>
> Shortly after the JRS & Marilyn nuptials, a witch
> hunt proceeded to ‘burn at the stake’ one of
> JRS’ most loyal and protective confidants,
> because it was spun that he was impinging upon
> Marilyn’s access to JRS somehow. There were a
> series of debriefing meetings at the LW building
> to uncover any peripheral repercussions this might
> have caused in other departments. The poor fellow
> was probably doing what he thought was right, or
> had been told, but was unceremoniously expelled
> completely as a ‘nephilim’. The entire family
> left the fellowship for a time, but a daughter
> eventually returned and has since been promoted to
> a prominent position because she married well and
> makes significant contributions to TLW coffers.
> $$$ also gains you access.
>
> During the latter days of JRS, youth (piss &
> vinegar) won out over age. More and more, the 1st
> generation loyalists slowly slipped into the
> shadows, with the 2nd generation taking the reins.
> At the beginning of the 80’s, JRS ushered in
> the 3rd generation, probably seeing the longevity
> of the movement dependent upon generational
> crossover. At the time of his passing, there was
> a fairly vibrant 2nd/3rd generational leadership
> dynamic at play.
>
> With the fracturing of the fellowship following
> the passing of JRS, the hardline crackdown
> solidified the stratification of leadership on all
> levels. TLW had become what JRS feared most--an
> ‘organism’ had become an organization, and he
> was no longer around to ‘kick it down’.

Date: November 25, 2015 02:40AM

I don't really have much anger at the successors of JRS, I was not part of the Walk 2, I never subscribed to them, I feel like the Walk ended with JRS dieing, and really I feel it ended before that, at some point by Marilyn's influence. I DO think John Stevens had something, but I think that John Stevens let his own emotional need to be center stage and adored let nutcases that should not have been in authority to begin with, destroy the church. John Stevens put them in charge because they knew how to make him feel important. I think he should have done much, much better in placing people in offices, had he not been so stuck on himself.

That said, I think there was much that JRS taught that was of great value, but it is too hard to separate the poison from the healthy food, so I just don't even listen to or read any of his stuff.

What do I think of John Stevens as a person? Well, he was like everybody else, he was nobody special. I don't care of the Lord did appear to him and set him in as an apostle, If He did, He had His reasons, but that in itself would never make someone infallible and perfect. Judas turned on the Lord, and Judas was called like the rest of the apostles. Peter was supposed to open his heart to the Gentiles but he didn't do it, so Paul was raised up to do it and Paul fulfilled the mission that Peter should have. Nobody is perfect, and I don't expect John Stevens to be. But in this situation, John Stevens was considered incapable of failure when it came to spiritual matters. To this day, people that I know and respect still believe that there was not ONE SINGLE WORD that JRS spoke that was not a word from God and absolutely without question on the level of scripture and to them what JRS wrote was the third testament of the bible.

I do not believe that JRS wrote the third testament of the bible.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 25, 2015 02:50AM

A.D.

The very nature of the concentric rings of power, and their attendant insularity and isolation, almost guaranteed that neither JRS then, nor Marilyn most recent, had any clue of the degree of devastation reeked in so many lives on their watch, either directly or indirectly. It's a byproduct of feeling too important to even be bothered to know. The little people have always been expendable.

The ‘repentance issue’ is another interesting dynamic. Thinking one is doing the ‘will of God’ allows great latitude in justifying many actions on one side of the equation, while the other side is forced to live with the ramifications. Collateral damage was just part of ‘bringing forth the Kingdom’. He who was not with us, was obviously against us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2015 02:56AM by kBOY.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 25, 2015 03:13AM

Can one be both a Son of God and a decent human being? Or are they mutually exclusive? From my experience, and obviously many of those that have posted here, it seems the higher in position/rank a person in TLWf happened to be, the greater proclivity for them to be a total tool--reeking havoc on the innocent. The con that they are actually doing the will of God (you know, because He is so unacceptable to the human nature), has insulated them from the devastating impact they've had on people lives. Going forward, I hope that those who are weighing further commitment ask themselves if they are really willing to allow the likes of Gary Hargrave/Rick Holbrook etc. to run their lives for an indeterminate number of years...after all they've endured and witnessed. But then again, if you've been in it this long (30+ years)...maybe it's best just to see it through.

kBoy wrote:
"Shortly after the JRS & Marilyn nuptials, a witch hunt proceeded to ‘burn at the stake’ one of JRS’ most loyal and protective confidants, because it was spun that he was impinging upon Marilyn’s access to JRS somehow."

Again, be careful if your actions come from your heart, and you have no ulterior motive. Your ministry in TLWF is doomed!

Date: November 25, 2015 05:12AM

I now go to a church, (*when I go, not all that often, actually) but I do go to a church where the "pastor" is really a preacher, that is all he does, he has no dealings with anybody other than the leaders. He is very friendly, but that is not his thing to deal with the problems of people in the church. There are pastors there, they don't get paid, they are around though and those guys you can depend on if you have problems. Now, as far as I am concerned, I figure we could do without the front man all together. But he is there to draw the crowd, they are the ones people listen to. For some reason unknown to me, people think they need a boss in the church, and I don't get it. I would be just as happy if they fired that guy, and just let the various pastors, elders, or anybody else bring the word as the Spirit leads. But, I guess that won't happen in my lifetime, people need that motivational speaker, and they need to see him in his BMW and know they are supporting the "man of God." But as for me, I don't need him. I guess to each their own.

It's like politicians, they don't know what it is like to live out here in the real world. Preachers don't either. They talk the talk, but have no idea how to walk the walk. They tell others how to live and for some unknown reason, at least unknown to me, people somehow need that.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 25, 2015 05:24AM

ChangedAgain:

When the entire focus of Heaven (but not necessarily the earth) was on one man to bring forth the Kingdom, it left a lot of room for questionable behavior, especially in light of protecting their ‘pure atmosphere’. Since no Kingdom bothered to show up during the JRS era, the vision was so downgraded that ‘corrective measures’ were then justified to solely protect the integrity of the ‘word’, which carried with it no such grandiose expectations.

Unfortunately, these protocols are still alive and well, affecting the lives of many fine people. The sad part is the amount of abuse that some will endure until reaching critical mass. With recent developments, and administrative shuffling ongoing, hopefully those in doubt will let their doubt run its course.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 25, 2015 06:14AM

Yes

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: November 25, 2015 06:37AM

Being a member of the LW fellowship for me was like an insane, never ending ride on a roller coaster. It would go round and round the circuit of track. But getting nowhere. And at various times, it would come into the station, stop, and some people got on and some people got off. But me, (like a lot of members), was too stupid to jump off. Those “station moments” for me occurred at critical times in the history of the Living Word. Like when JRS died, or the 1987 FoT “line is drawn in the sand” words, or later during a local church split. I look back on those moments and recognize they were opportunities that God provided for me to get off of the “crazy train”. But for me, the time just wasn’t right yet. I had to ride it a little longer.

So now, with the passing of Marilyn, I supposed this is another significant “station moment” when the crazy train has stopped at the station and folks have a chance to get off. For those of you that are still on-board, that are getting sick to your stomachs……here’s your chance. You’ll love the freedom and the feeling of terra-firma under your feet. I sure do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.