Current Page: 54 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 08, 2014 05:08AM

I agree. Now is not the time to be cursing anyone, or finding delight in anyone’s plight. Cancer is the real enemy here. Not Marilyn. With my faith, I place her in the arms of God and ask for a healing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 08, 2014 11:44PM

I just wanted to say how delightful jhorning and paleface's posts are to me. I've also known about Marilyn's illness for a while and it's so important for her and ourselves that we pray for her. In TLWF we were taught to pray for Martha's death - contrary to Jesus' words and spirit. Jesus commands us to love and pray for even our enemies. I have received so many emails from ex-LWF members whose lives and the lives of their families have been trashed. The bitterness is still so strong from 20-30 years ago that they find it impossible to walk on with God. I actually believe it's God's mercy that our lives get trashed when we let another take His place. It's also His love and mercy when He gives us beauty for ashes when we seek Him first. Every one of Jesus' commands are loaded with life and healing if we dig in a little deeper and actually put them into practice. It's amazing what is hidden in plain sight if we just do what He said.

Date: February 09, 2014 12:03AM

I was reading in "The Complete Works of Oswald Chambers" and stumbled across something that I think sheds a little light on a dynamic of TLWF.

"According to the Bible, it is possible for a man or woman to make himself
or herself a medium through which unseen spirits can talk to seen men and
women. Beware of using the phrase "Yield, give up your will." Be
perfectly certain to whom you are yielding. No one has any right to yield him self
to any impression or to any influence or impulse; immediately you yield,
you are susceptible to all kinds of supernatural powers and influences.
There is only one Being to whom you must yield, and that is the Lord Jesus
Christ; but be sure it is the Lord Jesus Christ to Whom you yield."

I happen to love "To Be a Christian". In every area that God's Spirit takes over,
there is life and liberty. I think John discovered something that really
started a deeper walk with God for himself personally. As soon as submission
to Jesus changed to submission to men taking the place of Jesus, things
went in the toilet. Rather than being a covering against demonic oppression
as advertised, it actually became the open door of demonic oppression.
TLWF went from a movement without leaders to one with more leaders than any
movement I know of, especially with the implementation of designated relationships.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 10, 2014 03:18AM

Larry bobo wrote on 02/08/2014 04:03pm:

“As soon as submission to Jesus changed to submission to men taking the place of Jesus, things went in the toilet. Rather than being a covering against demonic oppression as advertised, it actually became the open door of demonic oppression. TLWF went from a movement without leaders to one with more leaders than any movement I know of, especially with the implementation of designated relationships.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can say that again, and again and again. Thanks. You could possibly say it’s impossible for a second hand relationship to qualify as a “Sacred Relationship.” They have to be mutually exclusive, not in the eyes of satan, but definitely in the eyes of God.

Invisible posted on 01/21/2014 06:43am “I am of this mind, that the relationship each man has with the Lord and the relationship that the Lord has with each man is a Sacred Relationship.”

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 10, 2014 04:30AM

My mother died of cancer--my father of complications related to diabetes. My only brother, a drug abuser, disappeared in the streets when he was 40 (around 1990). An exhaustive search turned up nothing. And one of my closest shepherd-friends (John Mahon, from my time in Redlands) died in his mid-30's of brain cancer--a few years after he was dismissed from the fellowship for objecting to the directive to pray for John's return.
Anyway, not sure where I'm going with all of this. My initial intent was to post something cheery, and I've obviously failed miserably.
Have a great day.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: February 10, 2014 08:16AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My mother died of cancer--my father of
> complications related to diabetes. My only
> brother, a drug abuser, disappeared in the streets
> when he was 40 (around 1990). An exhaustive search
> turned up nothing. And one of my closest
> shepherd-friends (John Mahon, from my time in
> Redlands) died in his mid-30's of brain cancer--a
> few years after he was dismissed from the
> fellowship for objecting to the directive to pray
> for John's return.
> Anyway, not sure where I'm going with all of this.
> My initial intent was to post something cheery,
> and I've obviously failed miserably.
> Have a great day.

You didn't fail. I understand your post.

Date: February 12, 2014 12:27AM

I've been hearing a number of accounts of people who had successful businesses who were badgered into converting these businesses into "kingdom businesses". Apparently this involved turning the oversight of the business over to Gary Hargrave. In most cases, the profits were diverted to APCO support and the business was mismanaged. The original owner is pushed out and the operation goes into the toilet. It's "kingdom robbery ". Gary might be a good public speaker, but his track record for running a business is not so good. No wonder he needs people like the Grays to bail him out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 12:29AM by paleface.

Date: February 12, 2014 03:51AM

I know of many “little people” who worked long hours for less than minimum wage in “kingdom businesses”, and then spent their remaining “free time” in intercession to bring down “Babylon” - which had taken the form of a competitor’s paint roller, book cover or clothing. The few companies that managed to survive on the backs of other’s sacrifice provided some financial relief for a few at the top, but not for the average worker. It’s amazing how much more effective a great product, great customer service, and great wages are in expressing the kingdom of God.

Wood Electric, my “kingdom business” employer, did an excellent job at these. It should be known that Mike paid his electricians more than companies “in the world”. I’m not aware of any company in TLWF in which that was true. Unfortunately, Mike was made to feel so lowly about himself in comparison to those who were “oppressing the wage earner in his wages”, that he committed suicide. I remember him for his generosity and compassion, not for the fact that he would not let others play god and then toss him out like trash when he would not do what they said.

On a more positive note, I’ve known many who have become quite successful in the business world after developing their God given talents after leaving TLWF. Many were just being used by some overlord to perform menial tasks in TLWF, and not being equipped to be fruitful. When you use others, it is called manipulation. When you serve others, it is called ministry. I personally love the places that business can take you, when you have a heart to serve others. I remember in the 70’s asking the elders about going to college. Since the Kingdom was dawning in 1979, I was told, ”Do you want to go to college or walk with God?” I didn’t realize they were mutually exclusive. I was being a smart ass to say “Yes”. Now you can go to Shiloh for college since that 1979 thing didn’t work out so well.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:40PM

larry bobo wrote: “Now you can go to Shiloh for college.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do they teach the following subjects at Shiloh University?

Comparable religion.

Documentary hypothesis.

The perennial philosophy.

History of mysticism.

Divine right of kings versus enlightenment and the right of individuals.

Separation of church and state.

Separation of church and the individual.

How to construct your own individual life philosophy.

String theory (multi-universes) and spooky action at a distance (married particles).

Date: February 13, 2014 01:16AM

No, they only teach courses like these:

Employing the theory of the “Unequal Yoke” to gain a new wife

How to sing a song 50 times in a service without boring the congregation

How to close down a church and divert assets to your own corporation

How to keep congregations busy so they won’t question anything.

Inter-marrying within the church while maintaining a robust gene pool

Sunday morning in-service beer recipes.

How to pick office help that will put-out

Using the Bible to support your hidden agenda

How to convince people you are the “Christ in the Flesh”

How to insert the word “awesome” into any conversation.

His real name is “Saintan”

Current Page: 54 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.