Current Page: 59 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 23, 2014 02:08AM

Nicely put, Invisible. I was close to Dan, up to the point he was ostracized in the fellowship. Even after submitting to some of the crazy things he put me through, I saw his heart, and knew that he cared about me. I wish there had been a functional check and balance on the decisions emanating from G & M, that but was not to be. It simply would not be tolerated, which I suspect...in spite of the all the so-called changes that have taken place...is the same today.
Thanks for sharing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 23, 2014 10:23PM

Invisible Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Dan and
> I spoke together many years later, he was torn,
> he was a broken man , he was grieving, he was all
> alone in life, he was in the midst of great sorrow
> and devastation - having had the ministry separate
> him and his wife - and he was divorced. He was
> filled with tears when he told me this. He asked
> me more than once if I had a provision for my self
> in life, he cared about where I was at in life, he
> cared about me personally - that was his apology
> to me

That's the best apology. Knowing him at the time this was taking place, it's so sad to reflect on the way he was cast aside.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:17AM

From WikipediA: In Christian churches, a minister is someone who is authorized by a church or religious organization to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community. The term is taken from Latin minister "servant, attendant".

I actually hate the term, “minister”. Every time I hear the word “ministry,” I cringe. It’s always associated with something bad being perpetrated upon defenseless sheep.

Maybe the definition of “minister” should be changed to: Someone who is authorized to “Screw” with people’s lives; that would be more accurate.

Who is giving them the authorization anyway????? Not me, that's for sure.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:38AM

Finding some comfort in numbers.

Unchurched Believers

Internet sites are referencing surveys that estimate there could be as many as one hundred million unchurched believers.

One hundred million people falling into the “Whosoever Believes Category” who are not entrusting themselves to the “War Zone” found in many contemporary churches.

These are the ones you can sometimes have a meaningful dialog with; a dialog where nobody gets slammed or accused of being in rebellion; a dialog where the terms “Heresy” or “Channel of Satan” are not in the vocabulary.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: March 24, 2014 12:43AM

THE APOLOGY

Jesus instructed - Matthew 5 :23

If therefore you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember your brother has anything against you, leave your offering at the altar, go your way, make peace with and be reconciled to your brother, then come and offer thy gift.
It is one thing to read about what the Lord says to do, but to do what the Lord says to do, can be one of the most difficult things a man may experience doing, when he obeys the Lord.

The Lord says you are to make peace and be reconciled with your brother and " after " you have made peace and are reconciled with your brother - it is at this time you are to return to the altar where you left your gift.

When you leave your gift that you are bringing to the Lord to offer to Him and your not standing with your gift at the altar of the Lord - the Lord knows where your at and He knows what you are doing.

Look closely into the Words of the Lord in Matthew 5:23-24 at what is involved in having a relationship with the Lord.

You are to go to your way and when you have made peace and are reconciled with your brother, it is at this time that you return to the altar of the Lord. ( where you left your gift.)

You may not be able to simply say, " I am sorry " to your brother - when you go to your brother to make peace with your brother - you may have to work at bringing peace and reconciliation between your self as brothers.

And if you brother comes to you looking to make peace with you, if your heart is not ready to receive your brother. if you are angry with your brother, your heart will not be forgiving so that peace and reconciliation is possible. If you are not given to the Lord in your heart - so that there can be peace between you and your brother - you will be responsible for your brother not being able to return to the altar of the Lord where he left his gift.

The Lord places responsibility on both brothers hearts for what state of heart is needed for there to be peace and reconsicilliation. What Jesus instructed and taught is written in the Scriptures. Who will seek Him and find Him and His Word, so that there hearts are ever ready to receive their brother, should he come, to make peace with you ?

Behold, how good and pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in unity ! It is like the precious oil upon the head, coming down upon the beard, coming down upon the edges of his robes. It is like the dew of Hermon coming down upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing - life forever. Psalms 133

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: March 24, 2014 05:25AM

I’m certain leaders within TLWF are aware that they have left the dead and dying in their wake. The sad thing is the deception that says these wounded are that way only because of their own failure to accept TLWF leadership’s position as God in their lives – so they had it coming. At some point, there is the recognition that these “word’s from God” are not that at all. It would be nice if it came after reading the scriptures and noticing the contrast – but usually it’s after a devastating consequence of violating God’s word. When others make changes to God’s word (e.g. divorce as a pathway to the kingdom, isolation from other parts of the Body, opening your spirit in some metaphysical way, or lording over others instead of serving them) and we willingly follow, it always leads to bad fruit. Pain can be a good thing - if it keeps us from continuing to make the same mistakes.

The directions many leaders in TLWF have given to followers may have been well intended, but that does not make them words from God. There has also been directions given as words from God that were just garbage from alcohol-fueled old natures – never an apology afterwards, just the promise that God would work it all out if we submitted. Somehow, it never seemed to quite work out that way. Most of the spiritual conflict many experience in TLWF is not from the enemy at all, but from violating Jesus’ commands. Careful obedience to God – rather than a human trying to take His place – gives immunity and blessing. The children of Israel did not lose one battle where they were obedient. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to motivate them if every time they obeyed their lives were trashed? It would be like normal life in TLWF where God gets blamed for some kind of weird psychopathic discipline. :)

While I attended TLWF, I was not aware of how many other thieves and robbers were out there, functioning in the same manner. They take the affection and resources that sincere believers have towards the Lord and channel it to themselves. They all insist on the same submission from their followers, but refuse to submit to each other – they know better. They all insist they are God’s true representative, and if they were, they would be serving and giving, not trying to dominate and fleece others. They insist on taking the respect due God and lavishing it on themselves. Now that the spell - I mean revelation - is broken, many of us are a little quicker to speak up after seeing the consequences of biting our tongues in TLWF.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 24, 2014 11:16PM

I would like to point out that nothing has changed really. Just recently, a young woman graduated from college. Because her parents had left the church and were labeled as evil, the parents were excluded from the graduation ceremony. This is a family that was once very close, but have been spilt up by the local LW pastors. What kind of people do this to families?

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: March 25, 2014 01:58AM

changedagain wrote: “No surprise--the perpetrators often position themselves as victims.” and "I.'m hearing that the L.W. members are being told that Marilyn is under a vicious attack of hatred from ex-members and this is why she is ill."

Genesis: The man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate." Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" And the woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."…

The blame game; Same story different players. Been happening since the beginning of time. Pun intended.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2014 02:04AM by jhorning.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: March 25, 2014 02:49AM

Pale Face wrote:

I would like to point out that nothing has changed really. Just recently, a young woman graduated from college. Because her parents had left the church and were labeled as evil, the parents were excluded from the graduation ceremony. This is a family that was once very close, but have been spilt up by the local LW pastors. What kind of people do this to families?
-----------

This kind of thing is also not new and may have been going on at the time - when Elijah the prophet was sent to turn the hearts of the fathers to their own children and the hearts of the children to their own fathers.

What is being done in TLWF is the ministry turns the hearts of the children ( whether they be little children or grown ) away from any parent who leaves the church or who has been put out of the church. The hearts of the children are turned to the ministry and the ministry has the children ( little children or grown ) turn their heart away from any parent who is not any longer a member of their church organization.

It doesn't matter to them whether the child is a minor or an adult.They influence little children and lead them as ministries to turn their hearts away from any parent who leaves or has been put out of the church .It is how they live their lives.The ministry is to be looked to as if the ministry is the one who is to be obeyed - this is what the little children are being influenced and taught to believe is God's will because this is what their own parents believe is the right thing to do - so it is passed on from generation to generation.

And the members in the church give their support to see their members houses plundered and the relationships between parents and children destroyed. And they count is as being all but nothing because they have been led to believe that they are being faithful to God.

They nicely set aside the Commandment of God and nullify the Word of God to themselves, by living their lives this way., Their hearts and minds are far away from the Lord, .They have been led astray - to turn their hearts away from the Lord.

Honor your father and your mother. Children obey your parents, in Christ, for this is what is right. The Commandment of God is a lamp for our feet - so we can follow the path of the Lord., which leads us in to His kingdom and His righteousness.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: March 25, 2014 03:20AM

John S. (the former Palmer Lake pastor) tells kids at the Shiloh summer camp “let me be a REAL father to you, since your blood father isn’t able to be that for you.” Some kids bite at this bait and it is very destructive to their families. Eventually, most kids get wise to this when the time comes where they are in need of a father and John S is nowhere to be found.

The Living Word leaders call this practice “Second Parenting”. But I’ve now heard it more accurately called “Replacement Parenting”. One of the most destructive traits of the Living Word. This screams “cult” like a siren in the night.

Current Page: 59 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.