Current Page: 51 of 1260
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: January 19, 2014 11:02PM

Mark 10:18 --- “And Jesus said to Him, Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.”

John 2:24 --- “But Jesus on His part, was not entrusting Himself to them, for He knew all men, and He did not need any one to bear witness concerning man for He Himself knew what was in man.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overthrow the cults, entrust yourself to none of the following: (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, shepherds, 90% of bible/holy books, men, women, anything abnormal or oppressive).

Practice “Do it yourself spirituality” and independent thought/thinking. Be all that you can be according to your own God given calling. Accept who you are and live with it in joy and peace.

My shepherd once said to me, “You have a rebellious spirit”. It’s true; I cannot deny. I despise putting myself under the low level thought processes of humans; it’s truly hell on earth for me to do so.

If the above verses hold any truth at all, I’m thinking Jesus felt the same way; and that makes me feel pretty good. And, to my former shepherd, “kiss off,,,,,, you piece of ………”.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 21, 2014 08:26AM

Hebrews 1:3 NASB --- “He (Jesus) is the radiance of His (The Father’s) glory and the exact representation of His (The Father’s) nature.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus is the perfect example of how to live, not entrusting Himself to anything/anyone on earth. (Best to obey the laws of the land in order to stay out of prison although)-------anyway, living your life independently, following/experiencing the mystical, mystery beyond all thought that dwells as part of our very consciousness/spirit is the way to go. It’s what the Father wants; His very nature/desire.

The cults are wrong. We’re in the better Will of God; they’re in ??? --- wasteland.

It feels so good, getting back what the “Walk” robbed/stole/beguiled from us all.

Thanks, ````Invisible````; you have routed out a great, liberating truth!!!

I’ve been looking for just one “angle” to destroy forever the “spell”/influence of the cult “Walk” entangling me. This is a very powerful angle, since Jesus is the bottom line for the West’s dominant religion. Thanks so much.

(P.S. ---- This will work as a good defense/reason when talking to the Mormon Missionaries constantly knocking on my door, who want me to submit to Joseph Smith’s teachings; I share a common property line with a LDS Ward House)

Okay----Sorry for belaboring the point; it's just exciting.

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: January 21, 2014 02:43PM

FCSLC posted
Hebrews 1:3 NASB --- “He (Jesus) is the radiance of His (The Father’s) glory and the exact representation of His (The Father’s) nature.”

----------------------------------------

Now you too , have something to solid stand on.

I received the understanding I received that I have been sharing here - from what is written in the Scriptures.

( Spiritually speaking) once I realized that many of the problems I experienced came about because I had miss placed my trust by putting my trust in man and that I had entrusted myself in some ways to man - I was so glad and relieved to find in the Scriptures what I needed to know - to be able to bring an end to thinking I might be doing wrong by not continuing to make my self available to be involved in a spiritual relationship with any one who was mistreating me or showing disrespect for me as a person.

And in God's word , I was finding - that I was not to put my trust in man or to entrust myself to man.- And the Word of God helped show me boundary lines that are to be spiritually between men in the living of their natural lives and also in how they relate spiritually to one another.

I am of this mind , that the relationship each man has with the Lord and the relationship that the Lord has with each man is a Sacred relationship.

1st Cor.11:3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ......and the head of Christ is God.

The LWF leadership has taught and led their members to believe that G&M are to be related to as being the spiritual head of every man & of every member in the church but this is not what the apostles of Christ taught the saints.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: January 23, 2014 12:23AM

invisible – great scriptures and points on an unequal yoke. Many have pointed them out over the years yet they do not seem to break the spell when people choose to follow a leader over the scriptures. It’s sad we have to suffer so much before we finally go back to the teaching Jesus originally gave us. I just spent several days at Warren Jeffs hometown in Arizona doing electrical training and the fundamental Mormons are wonderful people – remind me of the Amish near Shiloh. Even though their leader is in prison, it doesn’t break the control he has over their lives. The errors are so obvious to everyone else, just not to those who are still in the group. It is the reason TLWF and many like them must stay isolated from other groups. The two errors in TLWF teaching that have caused the most damage are the unequal yoke which you have pointed out and the unquestioning submission to false leaders. Both have had enough time to bear bad fruit and reveal they are not the teachings of Jesus after all.

paleface – Yes, that is the program. It’s so sad to watch – the loss of life of so many sincere people. In Paul’s farewell to the Ephesian elders he said, ”I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.” It should be a red flag when another human teaches that you must go through them to get to Jesus. "There is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus." For many years we heard what John had to say about a matter, not Jesus, assuming they were one and the same. Unfortunately, it's not until there is a big mess that we go back to the scriptures and really examine if the teaching is correct. By that time, many are so wounded they want nothing to do with Jesus, who can really bring life and health in contrast with those who are only using him for their own purposes.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 24, 2014 10:02PM

Invisible Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It took me many years after I had left the church
> to realize that we don't have to follow the lead
> of some one who is leading us to do wrong.
> Moses struck the rock in anger - instead of
> speaking to the rock- as God told Moses to do -
> and for this reason Moses was not allowed to enter
> the promised land with the people.

A portion of an email I received a few years ago from a long-time member:
"On 90% of the tapes from 1983 to 1998 Gary is pissed off. I think it led to numerous cases of striking the rock. G&M often, by their own account, spent their mornings in rage sessions, which then became the basis of their Word later in the day. In hindsight, maybe it's fair to assume that they just had anger management issues. I'm sure it was frustrating taking over the religious mess that was "the Walk", but gee whiz..."

Anger management issues...

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: January 25, 2014 01:48AM

This might be a bit taboo, but I recall certain married women being encouraged to get abortions so they could be free to serve the "apostles" without the distraction of caring for a baby. Anybody recall this? It's probably not done so much now, due to dwindling membership. They need all the people they can get now. But 20 or 30 years ago, it was happening. And what a sacrifice to make! I hope it earned them lots of points in the "purple club".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 01:50AM by paleface.

Date: January 25, 2014 10:22AM

paleface wrote: “They need all the people they can get now.”

~~~~~~~~~

Are they accepting “free spirited individuals,” who refuse to submit, agree or pay homage; but are willing to pay tithes strictly for the group social benefits?

(Like most normal churches)

I went to the church camp in Chico, CA back in the 1970’s. There were many crazy, diverse people in the “Walk” in those days. It was fun.

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 25, 2014 11:07AM

FCSLC Wrote:
> paleface wrote: “They need all the people they
> can get now.”
>
> ~~~~~~~~~
>
> Are they accepting “free spirited
> individuals,” who refuse to submit, agree or pay
> homage; but are willing to pay tithes strictly for
> the group social benefits?
>
> (Like most normal churches)
>
> I went to the church camp in Chico, CA back in the
> 1970’s. There were many crazy, diverse people
> in the “Walk” in those days. It was fun.

FCSLC: I was at Chico Camp also. Small world eh?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 25, 2014 10:59PM

FCSLC Wrote:
> I went to the church camp in Chico, CA back in the
> 1970’s. There were many crazy, diverse people
> in the “Walk” in those days. It was fun.

Interesting...do you remember if anyone was crying out for a designated relationship?

Posted by: jhorning ()
Date: January 25, 2014 11:57PM

changedagain Wrote:
> FCSLC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I went to the church camp in Chico, CA back in
> the
> > 1970’s. There were many crazy, diverse
> people
> > in the “Walk” in those days. It was fun.
>
> Interesting...do you remember if anyone was crying
> out for a designated relationship?

changeagain/FCSLC:
No one I knew was doing that. We were busy worshing the Lord outside in what I remember as an amphitheater. We also made a side trip to Lassen National Park. Chico was a strange place with a lot of super natural incidents. A huge tree branch broke while two friends of mine were standing under it talking. I was asleep in my room when I heard the crash outside the window. I looked outside and saw they were okay. Neither one was injured. One night while out for a stroll we had "rocks fall out of the sky " at us. The Chico area had a history of strange happenings. One report had fish falling from a "cloudless sky" as reported in the local paper back on September 2, 1878. Chico was featured on the old television series "One Step Beyond".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 11:59PM by jhorning.

Current Page: 51 of 1260

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.