Re: Looking for ex-cult members to share their experience
Date: November 18, 2019 02:51AM
1.I was a member of The Christ Family.
2.I was visited by a spirit and allowed that spirit to enter into me. That spirit led me to these people who were sitting in front of a grocery store and was encouraged from within by that spirit to join them.
3. I had to give up everything and begin walking in my bare feet to points unknown with the foundation tenets of no killing (being vegan), no sex (being celebrate) and no materialism (basically not gathering things into self).
4.They progressively got you to believe that this one man was the Lord and the eventuality was to worship him.
5. I was directed by the leader to leave because I was with a member who confronted his authority.
6. Because there was an essence of truth to aspects of the life and the experiences while walking and not being among the people of the group, the mind would associate all the good that happened with the group and ultimately gave all the credit to the leader of that group.
7. They acted like they were actually keeping the tenets but they were not. They related to people outside of the group as earthlings.
8. Yes, there was a hierarchy. You basically kiss up to the leaders, never question them and many women submitted to having a sexual relationship but somehow that wasn’t sex. You basically believe you can do no wrong and parade around like you are a god.