Looking for ex-subud members
Posted by: anna7 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 08:00PM

Hello I am looking for ex-subud members who would maybe be interested in forming a group online where we can share and exchange our stories, positive and negative.

I can give some information about myself. I was born into Subud so I am 2nd generation. And I suffered extreme trauma that has damaged my life in many ways. The trauma was directly related to having been a Subud member and having believed in everything Bapak said. I do not wish to frame Subud as being a terrible cult but I also need validation and a reminder that what happened was indeed wrong. I know things could and should have been done to prevent it. It is a personal wish that this information should be made more public and their should be a discussion about it.

In light of the next Subud World Congress which is taking a place in a few days, I think a good first step would be to get in contact with other ex-subud members and share our stories.

Please PM me if you are interested.

anna7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for ex-subud members
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 26, 2018 07:57AM

Dear Anna7. Welcome to CEI message board. There are some
discussions of Subud here. How to find these earlier discussions is go to the Search Ares and select all dates so your query covers the 16 years of all message board discussion. People born into Subud families report having borne a great deal of pain. What added to it was being heavily acculturated that any complaint, no matter how bad the situation was wrong, evidence of weakness or ingratitude. All very convenient for bullies and snobbish cults such as Subud.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.