Current Page: 6 of 8
husband in mankind project...cult?
Posted by: Dalmatian ()
Date: November 20, 2006 12:03PM

Im just looking for facts. Thats what grown ups do. What could be better than an outside professional to evaluate your husband and give his opinion on MKP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: November 20, 2006 09:42PM

Dalmation, I have one friend whose grown son committed suicide less than 2 weeks after attending NWTA. Is that enough facts for you. He had no obvious problems, and appeared quite normal before attending NWTA.

Is that enough facts for you.

Oh yes, I am sure I will hear the same old line "he must have had problems before". Or maybe he did, and no one knew about them. When MKP did their famous "carpet work" by unprofessionals, maybe these hidden memories were brought out and he could not deal with them. No one will ever know. But I do believe he would be alive today if he had not attended NWTA.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 21, 2006 04:07AM

what2do:

Dalmation was banned.

He was really just here to badger people.

See [members.aol.com]

This is what is referred to as an "Internet troll."

Date: November 21, 2006 06:52AM

Thank you for banning him. I thought about suggesting it, but it is not my place.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: November 22, 2006 12:07AM

Dalmatian
Why don't I hear anyone here seeking outside treatment or evaluations of there loved ones that have been so "damaged" by MKP? Why not seek expert outside evaluations of your loved ones and post the facts the outside professional has to say about the weekend training???

I know that Dalmation was banned, but I thought that his question needed an "answer" for those that might read this. In my case, I did go to prefessional therapists in regards to MKP. My husband refused to go, but I took everything about MKP to the largest and most respected group of therapist in my city. I took the NWTA manual, the guts manual, the I-Group suggested protocol, I took what my husband had "finally" shared with me (which was not much). I took everything I could find and print about MKP to them, they as well did their own research. They had men and women therapist researching and studying the infomation. It took them quite a bit of time to "study" and "discuss" what they were learning.

They were shocked at what my husband had been forced to go through. They tried to get him to go to counseling many, many times as well as I did.

I was told to "start saving money", as what they could find, did not bode well for the future of my husband and I.

Professional's, who spent weeks studying what I had given them, and what they could find, men and women, did not see MKP as being anywhere near healthy for men or women. They considered MKP to be a woman degrading group, they considered MKP to be what we all are saying, LGAT with "cultish" behaviors and techniques. They considered many things in regards to MKP to be damaging to men and the relationships they had with women.

I have been one of the "lucky" ones as my husband stopped going to MKP. Though understand, even though it has been almost a year???ish, my husband still has his "issues" with what happened to him over this NWTA weekend and the I-Group he attended. Sadly, for some people, these LGAT techniques linger on in the psyche for a long, long time.

Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: December 06, 2006 12:38AM

ginah
Dalmatian
Why don't I hear anyone here seeking outside treatment or evaluations of there loved ones that have been so "damaged" by MKP? Why not seek expert outside evaluations of your loved ones and post the facts the outside professional has to say about the weekend training???

I know that Dalmation was banned, but I thought that his question needed an "answer" for those that might read this.

I wanted to second the "answer" for which ginah added. I "escaped" from MKP, then went really down hill on my addiction, and have since started professional therapy. This is a fairly well documented reaction when one leaves such a powerful group. www.cultinformation.org.uk/articles

The therapist I have been seeing now for about 2 months is starting to help me recover. This recovery I could not have done on my own via reading books and websites/forums, which I have done plenty of so far. So, I for one am an individual who attended a NWTA, Staffed a NWTA & did the +10 weeks of I-Group training AND go out with the assistance of my wife. I continue to remove MKP from my life by thru open and honest discussions, with nothing to hide, with my wife and some with my therapist.

One important lesson I have learned is not to trust everyone because the belong to a certain group. MKP artifically creates a "trust" among the men by "creating a container" to feel safe in. Trust is developed over time, not a 3 day intensely bewildering weekend.

Cheers,
M

Posted by: mswain ()
Date: December 10, 2006 03:48AM

Hello
I have a model who has been going through a lot of soul searching and he was recently recruited and encouraged to attend the MKP. He used to be the most wonderful, person you would ever want to meet. Since he started this group, he has totally withdrawn. He acts like a zombie. He was just hitting the peak of his modeling career and now it is crimbling. He will not speak to me about anything. Before I even knw he was in the Mnakind Project I asked hit what was going on with him. I told him he was acting like someone had got inside his head and rewired or shortcircuited his brain. I am shocked at all of the comments abot peoles lovedones who have entered this group. My friend acts exactly the same. It seems as though someine has stolen his soul.

Date: December 12, 2006 12:40AM

why don't you try to talk to him about the changes you see in him. Ask him to talk with you about what is going on. Maybe he is afraid to talk about MKP. His behavior could be he is unhappy with MKP, but does not know how to get out. Just be his friend and try to get him to open up.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 12, 2006 12:48AM

Also see this section about "Getting Help."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: January 07, 2007 12:45AM

mswain:

How is your friend doing? I hope he is getting the help he needs.

Cheers,
M

Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.