Current Page: 2 of 19
Meade Ministries
Posted by: StarsMuse ()
Date: April 28, 2005 05:37PM

What would "I" do?
I would share many of my own experiences, from being inside the group in Sioux Falls, SD. I would also give them multiple ways of researching Meade Ministries. So that they could make choices based on facts as well as on emotions. I know that for myself, at the time I started attending, I was in an extremely vulnerable position. I was young, and idealistic about many values that people hold. I was incredibly innocent of so many things, I found it interesting too, that at that time (1981ish) money was never emphasized to me as a member. Probably because I was considered quite poor at the time. For me, the hardest part, came from having my spiritual beliefs altered and only from a place of naivete.Those who take on the roles in a religious setting, have certain trusts and obligations, that should be honored. For me, this was one of the largest failings of this group. That and the ability to actually come close to turning many people AWAY from their original beliefs as well as any type of connection with God. It has taken me close to 20 years to regain only a portion of my faith in God. That has been my largest regret. It wasn't until a few years ago, that I could even consider going to a church for something as simple as a wedding or a funeral.

Options: ReplyQuote
Meade Ministries
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 28, 2005 06:54PM

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This is an outline coping strategies that may be effective.

Meade Ministries
Posted by: BaronSteve ()
Date: November 21, 2005 04:06PM

Hello. Much of my mom's side of the family is in Meade's cult. My aunt died from apparent suicide. My uncle died from cancer that could easily have been eradicated. I have a relative who tried to drown her children, but was stopped in time. That didn't seem to make it onto the news, though. Interesting. But the only things that come out of Meade Ministries are what he allows to come out. A few years ago my non-cult uncle went to Lake City to try to see some relatives and find out about my dead aunt, but he had no luck. The funeral hope happened to have lost the records that tell what happened to her ashes. Maybe we're just paranoid, but we think that the funeral home people were just too afraid of the ETs to tell anything to an outsider.

Speaking of my paranoia, does anybody else here believe that there are bodies buried under the houses of ETs?

Meade Ministries
Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: November 22, 2005 01:47AM

jane
What is K......

It's short for "OK".

Meade Ministries
Posted by: silly_me ()
Date: January 17, 2006 10:52AM

I moved to Lake City about 4 years ago. When I was at the bank (BOA) signing papers and what not for my loan the loan representative told me that each member of the church came in and took a loan for $40,000 and gave it to the church. This can't be valid! If it is, well, not sure how to classify such a frame of mind one needs to follow through with such a generous, mindless act.

Further more, when I first entered the coffee house off of 90, the one near the frozen yogurt place (Can't think of the name). One of the members invited me. I found it a bit ironic since I don't have a religious bone in my body. Yet I found it amusing. I gently, as I usually do, tried to convey to him that I wasn't interested. He looked at me shocked, unable to speak. For how can I refuse such a wondrous offer?

One thing I am sure of. I am so happy for the coffee houses! Regardless of where the money goes. But, I have to tell ya, churches need to pay their taxes like the rest of the businesses. No Exceptions.

Meade Ministries
Posted by: kateashbury ()
Date: January 30, 2006 11:48PM

I recently moved to Lake City and after a few encounters with End Timers, decided to research them. I found your posts on this website and thought you might be interested in the latest course of events.

Residence of Lake City are curios as to why Meade Ministries removed the name off of their church this week. Many area residence witnessed the huge Meade Ministries letters being removed from the exterior of the church. Initially the thought was that he may be changing the church name, however nothing has replaced Meade Ministries and the exterior of the building has been repaired to match the rest of the building.
The Lake City Reporter has been contacted and hopefully will be able to find an answer to a question everyone in Lake City is waiting to hear.

I spoke with an Editor with the Lake City Reporter. He said he had received several calls regarding the name removal but has been unable to obtain any information.

It's an eerie feeling wondering what course of events might be transpiring around this bizarre cult. In the 5 months I have been here I've noticed that many Lake City folks are in such fear of the ET's that they won't even speak of them. I have been advised by people to watch who I talk to because the ET's are considered to be extremely dangerous.

Kate

Meade Ministries
Posted by: Kid A ()
Date: March 17, 2006 06:53PM

kateashbury
...Many area residence witnessed the huge Meade Ministries letters being removed from the exterior of the church. Initially the thought was that he may be changing the church name, however nothing has replaced Meade Ministries and the exterior of the building has been repaired to match the rest of the building...

Kate

Kate,

thanks for the update. I have lots of family in Meade's group, so I'm always curious about what's going on there in LC. Please keep the updates coming.

Kid A

Meade Ministries
Posted by: papakdb ()
Date: March 27, 2006 06:59AM

We got out of the group before the big move to Florida.
just in the last few days I have talked to two others that were part of of the group ,by phone,one was kicked out about '79',,,the oter left the group just a few years ago.
We are interested in talking to anyoe who would care to reply,,we were part of the South Dakota group. [/b]

Meade Ministries
Posted by: papakdb ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:00AM

We got out of the group before the big move to Florida.
just in the last few days I have talked to two others that were part of of the group ,by phone,one was kicked out about '79',,,the oter left the group just a few years ago.
We are interested in talking to anyoe who would care to reply,,we were part of the South Dakota group. [/b]

Meade Ministries
Posted by: idontknow ()
Date: May 02, 2006 10:18AM

I have a family member in the Meade Ministries cult. I have read many news articles and I am in contact with the family member. I know what the church is doing now, but what are they doing for the future? What's the purpose of the "religion"? Are they preparing for something like the other cults that killed themselves? The head guy must be getting pretty old by now. Who is taking over his position? I would like to be in contact with people that can provide any information. I am also looking for any blogs or message boards about the Lake City group.

Current Page: 2 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.