Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Meade Ministries
Posted by: Patches ()
Date: January 19, 2009 09:22PM

Hi Refugee,

> Charlie's father was not "much" older; he was 5 years older than Julia. His name was Leck Meade. Leck had 3 uncles who were Baptist ministers. Julia's father was a Baptist minister, as were several of his brothers and uncles. Leck and Julia were not extremely devout, no more and no less than other families in the area.

>>I heard a bit differently, from Charlie, but you seem to have good info.

Leck was born in 1875, Julia in 1880. Julia died in 1961, Leck died in 1975 (1 month short of his 100th birthday). They're buried in the Ivy Point Cemetery in Salyersville KY. They were a hardworking farming family. Leck was locally famous for his molasses. Never owning much of anything. That doesn't necessarily mean they were "poor" tho'. Each and everyone of their children did well for themselves. Poor according to todays standards? Yes. But not in those days, not in that area. Consider: Julia gave birth to 15 children and all of them live(d) well beyond the national average. Many families in that same area lost children and women due to the flu epidemic - not Leck and Julia. The family had always plenty to eat and no debts.

>> The sister he remained close to for life was Cora; she had joined him in Florida.

>That's right! Cora! Thanks. Nice lady. Has she passed now?

Cora died in 1997.

1999 was the last year that the children of Leck and Julia had their yearly reunion in Paintsville (3 of them are still alive). In 2000, the "birthday boy" referenced in earlier post, died 2 months short of his 102nd birthday. Charlie had attended almost all reunions, but 1998 was the last one for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 24, 2009 05:38AM

Correction to an earlier post: Robert is Marie's son, and adopted by Charlie.

Date: January 24, 2009 05:42AM

In answer to the question of many: Charlie is not in a nursing home and still preaches, just not as frequent. He is still very much alive, well, and in charge.

Posted by: Roman Descent ()
Date: January 25, 2009 08:53AM

Hello everyone, this is Roman Descent - aka real name James Fallucco. My son Vincent paved the way and left before we did {wife Jacki and myself} in April 2000, We quit July 2, 2000 after a 5 minute lecture by one of the ministers who preached on Meade's foundation. that was enough for me building up tension like an earthquake for 10 years in Lake City, FL. I read in the bible it says Jesus foundation. I had enough of "dont go by what it looks like, have faith" We always were " kind and gentle in the land" but were shunned beyond reason without any valid reason except the flock of fools following orders from the Meades. Our own daughter Annette disowned us because we left the so called true word of God.
After we left, Meades had her married off to some unfriendly dude. To my knowledge, Annette has poisoined our first grandsone Adam against us and we have never met the two new children she has with her husband Kevin.
I can understand folks in Lake City being afraid of the ET's being dangerous, yes, refer to so called suicide of Steven Bullock. Police report says blood all over the living room floor but his body was found in the bathtub with bathroom door locked. Well wonder how he walked to the bathroom, locked the door and layed down in the tub? such last ounce strength.
I think it is funny about some of the comments written here from people who are fomer members, wonder what made them leave? were they shunned too because they could no longer fork over the big money? Karma is a ditch for some when it recycles back to them for the evil they dished out to others who have done no wrong except being part of the cult just looking for acceptance and so called christian fellowship. We are forever scarred but surviving.
James [ Jim ]

JPF

Date: January 25, 2009 12:19PM

one more thing that I forgot to add: We finally started to return to church, last ditch effort to find some people who live what they hear providing it is the truth. We are taking it slow, but it is either Church of God or Christ, I do not remember but will find out soon. One thing going for this group, they say that there are NO PERFECT people a far cry from the mystical eluding teachings of Meade [ I threw out all of the tapes except one just to keep as a joke: the traditions of men, how far has he ventured away from what he preached ] OH, I remember now, John Linton preached one time the PRESENT TRUTH, that means, it can change according to the whims of what the prophet wants to be the truth.
And as far as I am concerned, I have no daughter[ or grandchildren ], she is dead in the spirit and did a breaking of chains ritual so we are no longer her parents. If she tried to return to us it is only because she wants money....but she is not getting one red cent from us. I do not care if this post gets back to her, she has made her choice and burned the bridge. Personally, I can not handle any more from her as she has continually brought grief into our lives progressively.

JPF

Date: January 25, 2009 11:58PM

Question for former members: I've been wondering if Billy and Betty Hicks are/were members? They are twins, playing guitar and singing gospels.

Posted by: grace77 ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:29AM

Roman Descent
one more thing that I forgot to add: We finally started to return to church, last ditch effort to find some people who live what they hear providing it is the truth. We are taking it slow, but it is either Church of God or Christ, I do not remember but will find out soon. One thing going for this group, they say that there are NO PERFECT people a far cry from the mystical eluding teachings of Meade [ I threw out all of the tapes except one just to keep as a joke: the traditions of men, how far has he ventured away from what he preached ] OH, I remember now, John Linton preached one time the PRESENT TRUTH, that means, it can change according to the whims of what the prophet wants to be the truth.

You might check out the Seventh-day Adventist church in your area. I searched lots of churches for many years after I was shunned by the group (in Indiana) after my daughter died of cancer in 1982. All the time I was praying that God would lead me to the truth. In 1989 I joined the SDA church after months of Bible study and talking with the pastor. So many churches say they are following the Bible only, but they don't. They add their own doctrines. I still shy away from "organized religion," which is one of the reasons the prayer group at Meades' in Muncie appealed to me. But I've learned that a church is for sinners like a hospital is for sick people. While we can strive for perfection, the only way we can become perfect is when sin is finally destroyed when Jesus comes again.

Wherever you choose to worship, my advice is to make sure they follow the Bible and the Bible only, rather than replacing Bible truth with their own "version."

You are in my prayers.

Grace77

Date: January 27, 2009 02:48AM

thank you Grace77

JPF

Date: January 28, 2009 03:11AM

Why am I not surprised? I sent an inquiry email to two former MM ers aka ET, a few days ago asking who they are but no rsvp. Guess they are ashamed how they followed the crowd concerning us or something - no big deal. I find it difficult to believe that they have not checked their email on this site. A few days after my inquiry, my home telephone gets an undisclosed telephone call, wife picks it up and there is a sound like a chain saw. Wonder if Kennedy Communications or Kim Fitzhugh's company [if still in existance ] has access to private telephone numbers??? just curious with the timing of the event.

JPF

Date: February 09, 2009 01:14AM

Hmmm, guess no other former members wants to communicate. I am curious why these former loyals also left...In a way this is very funny to me.

Current Page: 8 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.