Definition of transformation
Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 15, 2005 03:44AM

Well, the experts say that this is what "transformation" actually is, but here it is in the words of a Landmark grad assuring a fellow grad that what he's going through will lead to transformation:

Your identity is incredibly powerful and it will get you to do whatever
it wants you to do if you let it.

A human beings identity is so powerful it can even get them to kill
themselves. This is not an overstatement.

Forgetting a few papers, smashing a phone. Childs play for an identity
left alone to take over a person.

Now, you should take this as a good thing!!! Hard to believe. But if
your identity is doing such obvious things to sabotage you it is a
symptom of your identity feeling 'threatened', and that's great!!! It
means you are doing some serious 'being' and your identity is not going
to like that at all....if you think about it, your identity has
survived quite nicely for your entire life (minus the first few years) by going
'un-noticed'. It was not your identity doing things, it was you doing
things, you just didn’t know why. Well, now you know why. You identity
is using you in order to survive and it will fight you every inch of
the way.....Only you can't fight your identity because fighting an identity
validates it's existence. What you want your identity to do is
'disappear'....and that means transformation.

So transformation is losing your identity. Hmmmm...I wonder what it's replaced with...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: January 15, 2005 09:43AM

Identity is replaced with Theirdentity!

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 15, 2005 10:01AM

Glam that is exactly what landmark does, makes you lose who you are because they make you believe that you (your identity) is a bad thing. they make you believe that the small voice you hear in your head is a bad thing. Both your "identity" and that "voice" are your critical thinking, cognitive reasoning. Once you lose those you are able to be easily manipulated into doing what ever someone wants and yet you dont realise you are being manipulated.

when I look back into my involvement with in landmark nine times out of ten if i was resisting something they wanted me to do my identity was brought up or i was told I was being reasonable (you are challenged to be unreasonable in all things) and so I would block out that voice and my bodys resistance to what I was being asked and do it.

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 15, 2005 10:27AM

That is so sick. Its truly warped.

The designers of these ideas know very well that our Identity is the most fundamental structure of being a human. So they want to get into that. They want to mess around with that.

For example, Aaron Beck, the creator of CBT, has done decades of research showing how Depression, is created primarily by cognitions toward the Self that are "self-downing". (complex subject, i know).

Of course you cannot make your Identity "disappear". But what you can do is start a war within your own psyche. And if you start thinking obsessively about things like "your identity" you are going to become extremely neurotic and unstable. this if course is great for the Leaders.
Then they can fill that gap.
Break them down, then fill them up with your garbage.

The truly sad fact is that Self-Acceptance, that is, the simple acceptance of the "Self" is one of the fundamental aspects of mental health.
(of course, one can go off on a quest for decades do try and discover what the Self is, or is not...).

So these psychological terrorist assassins, Landmarkians, create a full frontal assault on the most basic aspect of what being a human is all about, and they teach people to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what one needs to do to be "psychologically healthy".

They want to put their victims into a state of mind near psychosis, as then i would imagine they are most pliable.

These people are nothing less than psychological assassins.

Of course, whoever was doing the writing above is just a trained seal, spouting ideas that are several times removed from the source.
But the source is as clear as day to me.

Coz

Date: January 15, 2005 09:24PM

I thought it was very interesting to hear a Landmark grad say almost word for word what cult experts have discovered...that cultic groups make you give up your identity. I'm sure if I asked someone still involved in Landmark directly they'd deny it, but there it is in black and white!

So sad to think of what my friend is still going through.

Date: January 15, 2005 10:48PM

More notes on the "self" from a Landmark attendee:

Your Mind is not You – Your Self is You
My self (my soul?) is by nature loving, giving, sharing, joyous. My mind is often cynical, critical, skeptical, conservative, selfish, etc. My mind is an inherited mechanism designed to enhance my chances of survival by keeping me "safe", by its own definition. It is fairly automatic in its response to situations. It would rather play it safe in a very self-interested mode than be generous or joyous. I am not my mind, my mind is just a mechanism for my survival – only one input for decisions and experiences.

Sort of the opposite of "A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste," non?

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 16, 2005 02:17AM

Its interesting to see that graduate separate his "true self" from his "mind" of course this is want Landmark wants to shut down the mind that says "take care" and "be cautious" because once you shut this down you can be fooled into believing you are "happy" " generous" etc.

a Happy generous person assists a lot more then someone whos inner voice (mind) says take caution

Date: January 16, 2005 02:39AM

What's almost funny is the assumption that babies are happy, joyous and carefree, and that when they discover their "self" (at age 2) is when all the "trouble" begins.

From a Landmark In Action seminar:

Winning formulas did not begin when we were born. Babies are ONLY possibility. Around age 2, language descends on us. Before that, there was no identify. There was only innocence and grace. The first time we have an experience of failing to be enough is when we start to develop our winning formula. The winning formula is the response to the first time we realize that "this should not be happening."

Exactly the oposite of a funny cartoon I once saw, depicting a baby's three emotional states: about to cry, crying, and just finished crying.

:wink:

Posted by: Mikinos ()
Date: January 18, 2005 12:24PM

Reading this is so incredibly frightening. It would be funny if it wasn't real. I can not believe that this is allowed to continue. With all of our "investigative reporters" (I'm in the USA), why hasn't anyone gone under cover to expose this company? Truly frightening...........especially so because my friend is regurgitating all these same words to me. It is just wrong, wrong, wrong!! :(

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 18, 2005 09:12PM

Landmark's technology gets exposed regularly in forums, sometimes in magazines, but their legal department is always right there dishing out threats and sending over the lawyers.

This identity thread explains so much. My naturopath borrowed (plagarized??) Landmark technology and used it in his practice and gave free lectures to the public. A lot of the content was taken right out of Alan Watts' books as well (Watts was a pal of WE) and others).

THe identity thing is a factor in whether you are healthy or not. Recall some posters here stating that they were told sickness, even cancer, is a racket. My doc insisted "I" didn't want to get well and assisted me on a "journey" to "lose my ego." Had he been upfront and straightforward in his plan, I would have run away screaming. But mixed in with cognitive psych, medicine, etc., it felt reasonable until he started bringing in his own countertransference.

On other message boards, there have been a few complaints from naturopathic medical school students about the anti-Christian, New Age philosophy and hocus-pucus that is taught in the 5-year graduate programs. Having learned the hard way, I see that many pseudo-professionals use this "lose the ego" idea in an effort to attain transformation. The majority wear their magical thinking on their sleeves and advertise what they're selling. My doc didn't and it's possible there are a lot of naturopaths and other alt. med. people out there trying to make a living who need to lure in clients who would not really be interested in pursuing a health plan that includeed transformation. It's always a good idea if going for alt. med. to ask how the "doctor" addresses the spirit in the mind-body-spirit model.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.