Rich Dad Robert Kiyosaki $45,000 SCAM exposed on hidden camera
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 30, 2010 08:05PM

There is a brand new link [www.cbc.ca] being passed around about a TV show that is online to watch, that sent a hidden camera into a Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad scaminar.
They even get people to try to raise their credit card limits on coffee breaks to $100,000, and then push them to buy seminars costing $45,000.
If anyone raises objections, they kick them out of the seminar, using very harsh LGAT style seminar hard-sell techniques.

Robert Kiyosaki gets caught red-handed and his response is very enlightening, he is a very savvy fast-talker and persuader. He starts by first getting defensive, then changes tactics and pretends he didn't know what was going on. They he goes into a "whispering act" and tries to blame his former partner and a licensing deal, which is all bullshit.
Robert Kiyosaki is a flagrant con-artist of the highest order, running a very complex scam.

There is another thread here Robert T Kiyosaki. [forum.culteducation.com]
John T. Reed's analysis of Robert T. Kiyosaki's book Rich Dad, Poor Dad [www.johntreed.com]

The hidden camera video is worth watching to see how these seminars upsell and exploit people.
Post the link around so more people can see it.

[www.cbc.ca]
Robert Kiyosaki, best-selling finance author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, has spun-off his book into a self-help empire of TV shows, board games and investment seminars. But rumblings are being heard from the hundreds of hotel ballrooms across North America where Kiyoaski's Rich Dad seminars are staged. The complaints? That initial Rich Dad sessions focus less on education and more on marketing and upselling further sessions that cost up to $45,000.

Marketplace investigates these concerns using hidden camera and reveals the aggressive sales tactics used, where participants are urged to increase their credit card limits after being pressured to spend tens of thousands of dollars on advanced courses.

They were even given scripts instructing them on how to ask for limits of $100,000.
Others at the Kitchener session said they were bullied into keeping silent if they had doubts. Those who persevered in their questioning would be ejected from the seminar.

QUOTE: "On day 1, they actually had the nerve to get everyone in the room to call their bank and credit card companies to increase their balance, and negotiate a better rate (during the coffee break) – They were making room on your credit card for you to be able to buy their services!

Options: ReplyQuote
Rich Dad Robert Kiyosaki $45,000 SCAM, Whitney Information Network
Date: January 30, 2010 11:53PM

How Rich Dad seminars work

In 2006, Kiyosaki and his company teamed up with Cape Coral, Florida-based Whitney Information Network to deliver “Rich Dad Education Seminars”.

The usual structure for these seminars is first a “free” two-hour event where participants are encouraged to sign up for a second three-day event for $500. Then, at that event participants are further encouraged to sign up for individual advanced classes which are approximately $5,000 each. A consumer who signs up for the advanced course will typically spend from $12,000 to upwards of $45,000.

Complaints about Whitney Information Network

In January 2008, following an investigation by the Florida Attorney General office, [myfloridalegal.com] Whitney agreed to pay out more than $1 million dollars as a consumer settlement based on their business practices.

"More than 250 consumers complained that Whitney and its related companies engaged in deceptive advertising and misleading business practices, whether through the use of "testimonials" from individuals claiming to have achieved success using Whitney's educational products or through other inaccurate statements in the infomercials about what would be taught at the seminars. Consumers complained that the introductory programs and seminars, touted as training that would change careers and lifestyles and give persons financial freedom and independence, covered only very rudimentary information and were used mainly to entice consumers to purchase "more advanced" and significantly more expensive training programs costing thousands of dollars.”

Under their agreement with the AG, the company must “strictly refrain from making false statements or implications in its advertising or at its seminars that financial opportunities, results or claims will occur as a result of the use of its products and services unless the company can substantiate the claims as feasible for a significant number of consumers or unless a disclaimer is provided specifically stating that the purported results are not typically obtained by the majority of consumers.”

In the Fall of 2009, Whitney changed its name to Tigrent.

As of Jan. 29, 2010, according to the Better Business Bureau of Florida [www.bbb.org] Tigrent has an F rating on a scale from A+ to F. The rating is based on 122 complaints, 8 of which were resolved, 4 were considered serious, and also based on the aforementioned government action against the business.

January 10, 2008
Media Contact: Sandi Copes

Infomercial Company to Modify Business Practices, Reimburse Dissatisfied Customers

~ Consumers will have collectively received more than $1 million in refunds for non-productive seminars ~

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Attorney General Bill McCollum today announced that his office reached a settlement with Whitney Information Network, Inc., parent company of several companies that advertise through infomercials throughout the State of Florida. Dissatisfied consumers will have received more than $1 million in refunds as a result of the state's investigation and settlement. Under the agreement, the companies – which include Millionaire University and Whitney Intelligence Academy – are also prohibited from making misleading statements or other baseless claims in their infomercials which promote various educational and training seminars and programs on how to make money through investing in the stock market and real estate.

"Advertising should never intentionally deceive or mislead our consumers. When companies make direct or indirect implications that by using their products or services, a consumer can attain wealth and financial independence when that is not the experience of the typical consumer using the product, these actions could indicate potential violations of our consumer protection laws," said Attorney General McCollum.

More than 250 consumers complained that Whitney and its related companies engaged in deceptive advertising and misleading business practices, whether through the use of "testimonials" from individuals claiming to have achieved success using Whitney's educational products or through other inaccurate statements in the infomercials about what would be taught at the seminars. Consumers complained that the introductory programs and seminars, touted as training that would change careers and lifestyles and give persons financial freedom and independence, covered only very rudimentary information and were used mainly to entice consumers to purchase "more advanced" and significantly more expensive training programs costing thousands of dollars.

Many of the individuals who signed up for Whitney's classes were elderly or retired couples on fixed incomes who were persuaded that using Whitney's "proven" methods, they could gain financial independence and live the lifestyle they desired without the investment of a lot of money or time. Whitney Information Network, Inc. has already refunded consumers more than $580,000 and, under the terms of this agreement, will reimburse the remaining consumers more than $450,000 and create a reserve account of $150,000 to be set aside for any pending and unresolved consumer complaints. As part of the agreement, the companies must also pay $150,000 to the Attorney General's Seniors vs. Crime program and will reimburse the state $150,000 for the cost of its investigation.

Whitney must also strictly refrain from making false statements or implications in its advertising or at its seminars that financial opportunities, results or claims will occur as a result of the use of its products and services unless the company can substantiate the claims as feasible for a significant number of consumers or unless a disclaimer is provided specifically stating that the purported results are not typically obtained by the majority of consumers.

Among the companies affected by the agreement are Whitney Education Group, Inc., Whitney Intelligence Academy, and Millionaire University. Some of the educational and training seminars and programs include "Teach Me to Trade" and "Star Trader" allegedly designed to teach and train consumers on how to make money through investing in the stock market, and "Focus on Foreclosure," "Wealth Builder Workshop," and "Cash Flow Generator," supposedly created to teach consumers how to make money through real estate investments. Whitney has also recently begun sponsoring similar educational programs under the name "Rich Dad Education, LLC."

Re: Rich Dad Robert Kiyosaki $45,000 SCAM, Whitney Information Network
Date: January 31, 2010 12:18AM

www.ripoffreport.com
Results: Rich Dad Education
Approximately 40 Reports Found

[www.ripoffreport.com]

Rich Dad Education Tigrent Learning scamming individuals to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars Salt Lake City, Utah

Rich Dad Education Scam Wealth Intelligence Academy Whitney -- How You Can Try For A Refund Rich Dad Education Scam Wealth Intelligence Academy make it impossible for refund but this might help you Cape Coral Florida

Corrupt Companies : Rich Dad Education Scam Wealth Intelligence Academy Whitney -- How You Can Try For A Refund

Tigrent Learning Rich Dad Education, Wealth Intelligence Academy, Whitney Information Network Deceptive Practices Internet

Re: Rich Dad Robert Kiyosaki $45,000 SCAM exposed on hidden camera
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: February 03, 2010 08:55AM

The video is EXCELLENT. Very revealing. I wish more stations, and US stations, would do reports like this.

Kiyosaki, like Wayne Dyer, had PBS special a few years ago.

I simply do not understand why PBS keeps promoting this dangerous drivel.

Re: Tigrent scam Puppet Masters Lee Escobar
Posted by: ThePuppetMasters ()
Date: June 21, 2011 08:58AM

June 1, 2011: Its still happening. I lost $36K, my self esteem and most importantly MY TIME.

I was dupped by Millionare Lee Escobar www.leeescobar.com

Why does Chaplain get off SCAMMING poor people? Using his calling to gain your trust, calling poor people LOSERS? Telling us to Shut Up and Sit Down!

I may not be like Lee Escobar (Bent-Lee), but atleast I have my morals.

tag words scam tigrent rich dad Robert Kim Kiyosaki Mentor & Chaplin Lee Escobar.
www.richdaddynightmares.com/share-your-rich-dad-robert-kiyosaki-nightmares

Scamming using gods callings to promote your gain? No Liency.

THIS IS SICKENING!!

Re: Rich Dad Robert Kiyosaki $45,000 SCAM, Whitney Information Network
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 19, 2011 11:06PM

The b'stard is about to peddle his scam in the UK, especially in London. Yahoo Mail keeps advertising his seminars. Unfortunately emails to abuse@yahoo.co.uk remain ignored. However the local press has been warned. Maybe they'll do a journalistic investigation and expose of his rip-offs.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 11:04AM

Murdoch is getting most of the press attention right now.

That means carpetbagging Yanks/septics can slip in and evade attention because the press is focusing on the scandal.

Push hard for an investigation.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 20, 2011 05:04PM

RICH DAD-DY NIGHTMARES

[richdaddynightmares.com]

Thinking of spending thousands on a “Rich Dad” Training Course? So did we - and we did. And we were ripped off. Now the "Rich Dad people" won't refund our money, even after we clearly explained what lies were given to us and exactly how these statements were proven to be lies. The responses they gave back were very unprofessional, disingenuous and simply shameless.

That’s why we created “Rich Dad-dy Nightmares." We want to provide a venue for other “Rich Dad” victims to share their "Rich Dad Nightmares" so other people won't fall for the lies like we did. We also want to help “Rich Dad” victims get their money back (plus damages, if possible.) Remember this, just because Robert Kiyosaki is famous (and becoming infamous) doesn't mean you should believe him or the companies that sell training courses using his trademark "Rich Dad".

Here's the basic outline of my “Rich Dad Nightmare” (also known as my Tigrent Nightmare, or WIA Nightmare, or Whitney Nightmare – they keep changing their company name so they can hide all the complaints against them.)

Step One: Read Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” and discovered how “popular” he was (so he must be trustworthy, right?)

Step Two: Spent $500 on “Rich Dad Learn to be Rich” Seminar because he was so “popular.”

Step Three: I was “up-sold” a Rich Dad Training seminar for $27,000. (Sold to me by Rich Dad Education, LLC with Wealth Intelligence Academy, Inc.- which used to be called Whitney Education Group, Inc and is now called Tigrent, Inc. – they keep changing their name so that the tons of complaints against them are filed under different names.)

Step Four: In the end I discovered the claims made in the sales seminar – the claims that convinced me to take such a large financial risk - were not just inflated or exaggerated claims, but lies – yes, actual lies. I was a victim of the predatory and false advertizing tactics of “Rich Dad." Fraud. Plain and simple.

Not only did I lose $27,000 on the original “course fees”, but also lost many more thousands by attempting to follow their “teachings.” I became another victim of the “Rich Dad Nightmare.”

Read the details of my Rich Dad Nightmare Here [richdaddynightmares.com] , and of course feel free to share your Rich Dad Nightmare as well. That's what we're here for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 05:06PM by SeekingTruth.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 20, 2011 09:31PM

Must mention that I read most of that book some years ago.

Parts of it seemed very convincing. But I noticed that unlike other books on personal investment, Rich Dad Poor Dad had a heavy effect on my attitude.

I felt myself becoming greedy, ruthless, depressed, and anxious.

Ditched the book.

Posted by: OutofTransition ()
Date: August 21, 2011 09:50AM

I read Rich Dad/Poor Dad some years ago and initially was pretty impressed by it, although I couldn't help thinking he made it sound so easy. I had the feeling then he wasn't telling the whole truth. However when I learned that Kiyosaki was heavily involved in MLM and especially an Amway spinoff, I lost respect for him.

People, if it is too good to be true then it isn't. Learn to develop good instincts so you can learn to trust them. Recently I have been involved in house-hunting and believe me that is an eye-opener! I am alternately amused and horrified that finance companies and banks are not only willing but eager to lend me money even after they have seen my income/outflow ratio. Yes, I have excellent credit but that alone isn't enough. Personally I would not lend the kind of money they say they are willing to give me to someone who came to me with the same financial history. I have talked to 5 different realtors and only one (who is now retired) was honest enough to tell me, you should not be doing this at this time because you haven't got the income and savings necessary to sustain a home purchase. And then we wonder why there is a foreclosure crisis! The banks and the realtors would have gleefully led me down the road to financial ruin. But when I saw the numbers and ran them against my current budget I said I had all the facts I needed to make a decision, and now is not the time to buy even though everyone out there is saying it is. You have to look out for yourself financially because no one, not no one, is going to do it for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.