Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Landmark Education - fear of the unknown?
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: April 11, 2005 11:00AM

Straight Talk
Hello everyone,
My name is Daniel and I am a recent Landmark Education graduate. I began the education about 5 months ago. I wanted to address to the members on this site their concerns about their loved ones/friends who have taken the course.
From what I have read so far, you are all concerned about cults, brainwashing and manipulation. I understand your concern about the people you care about in your life showing up different, using language that you haven't heard before, and wanting you to register in the Landmark Forum. You all have every right to wonder what the f*#@ is going on - and 'why is this person saying this or acting this way.'

yes, many people completely change their way of being.

Let me first address my opinion about Landmark Education. Everyone has different experiences. In life, we all have different experiences about occurences that happen. We paint a picture about life and our experiences, and it is through language and communication that the listener recreates that experience in their minds.

this is the way u are correct about how it normally is.

One person's experience will be completely different than another person's experience, and their communication about that experience will paint a completely different picture according to how the other person listens to what they have said. My opinion about Landmark Education is that it is an extremely profound and powerful look at how we relate to ourselves and to others.

no u dont. your opinion doesnt mean anything. that is why
u are feeling so good. if all that u say has no meaning then
u could talk forever and not have anything really powerful in
your life. u are though using jargon, that by the way *does*
have meaning.

It has made an incredible impact on the way I relate to other people. It has drawn me closer to people I care a lot about, and has made me re-evaluate my interpretation on how I act around others, and how I view others and the world. However, I may not always communicate this effectively to people in my life and sometimes I find that it is hard to fully communicate and express exactly what I have learned from Landmark Education thus far.

u apparantly are still experiencing the high of the hypnosis.
u are having problems expressing what u have learned for
landmark because u didnt learn anything. there was nothing
to get and u got nothing.

This leaves people confused and frustrated at times - leaving them no choice but to draw their own conclusions and paint their own picture on how THEY SEE Landmark Education.

if i was a family member of yours i would feel the same way. the
doublspeak, the way u probably smile at someone when they
disagree with u. your need to continue further education that
landark puts out ,your use of the jargon, your willingness to
recruit people and u have just said u cant express what u
learned does set some people off.

there is a right and wrong and to see landmark in the right
perspective, not necessarily your perspective has meaning.

This is PERFECTLY understandable. That is how we relate to life. We constantly judge and evaluate.

if u no longer judge when its appropriate and evaluate when
its appropriate u have lost part of your being human. being
human is a good thing.

I have gained deep compassion for people and the world I live in. So, I take full responsibility for the fact that some people may thing Landmark is a Cult.

can u explain why and how u take full responisibility for landmark
being a cult ?

I'm just not communicating effectively. Instead of looking at organizations as 'cult' or 'trying to take my money,' consider looking at the CULTure we live in.

this is one of landmarks most powerful weapons against its
victims. look at so and so and such and such, they are a cult
or they could be a cult. and if they are a cult and they are
harmless more less then we can be a cult because they are
cult. and if they are not a cult then we arent a cult.

Constant images on television and in movies relating to how we should dress, look, act, think, and spend money on. No wonder we view things through this looking-glass! I'm sure that if we went back 200 years people would look at us like we were nuts! The way we talk, the way we act, the way we dress, etc.

Consider for a moment that Landmark Education is not a cult. Just consider. I'm not saying that it is or it isn't. I don't know. I don't even know what the word 'cult' really means. I do know what I make it mean sometimes, and judging and evaluating has kept me from having power in life - in the workplace, with people I care about, etc. I've learned that if I just listen to people and not be so concerned about how I appear in life through adding my judgements, I become more effective.

So, if anyone on this website reading this gets ONE THING from what I have just typed. It I would like it to be this: have compassion for people in your life that have done this education.

there are many people here and other places that have
compassion for the people that have got themselves mixed
up with landmark. understand that their view is going to be
different from yours.

Try to listen to their view, ask what they are committed to in life. I bet that you're both on the same page in some areas.

most people dont actually bring their commitments to fruition.
they just talk about them in jargon terms. this is what has
been installed in your mind. u dont have any more compassion,
u are feeling high because of the hypnosis and u want people
to believe u have it.

if u had it it would be the truth. do u have any truth ?

And try not to make your friends and people that you care about wrong for seeking some wisdom and enlightenment in a time where there is little wisdom on the T.V. Have an open ear and maybe consider that what's keeping you from having power in life with other people is just listening to them, and accepting them for who they are. Not making them wrong and judging them based on the fact that they sat in a room with 100 other people over a weekend and engaged in powerful discussions that has made a profound impact on their life (by the way those 100 or so people are JUST LIKE you and me - same fears, same concerns.)

the people that have taken forums are not like the rest of the
people. many dont have any right or wrong, they only have
just is. many have no truth, they will even tell u this will a smile
on their faces.

Thank you for taking the time and reading what I have to say.

i would love to get a response to their post.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.