Pre & Post Landmark - An Offer to Talk
Posted by: heartcentered1 ()
Date: April 10, 2005 06:34AM

I took the Landmark Forum in early 2005. I had a mixed experience at the seminar; while I found myself opening up and feeling very enthusiastic and inspired, I also had some strong reservations about what I observed - particularly regarding the methodology and process used.

After the weekend, I found myself feeling very intense, difficult emotions, and generally felt disempowered and invalidated. It took more than a week to re-adjust back to my life. Drawing upon my own awareness of psychology and spirituality, as well as the experience of others, I found exercises and techniques to promote my mental and spiritual health - assisting with the transition. Also during this time, I did some research into the origins of Landmark Education, and the methodology used - wanting to know why I was having such a challenging experience. Ultimately I came to sense of resolution about the whole thing, and was able to move on with my life.

What I most needed during this time was someone to talk to - someone who had taken the Landmark Forum, was aware of both the positive and negative of the experience, but was neutral about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: April 11, 2005 11:02AM

i have taken the forum.

what do u want to talk about ?

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: April 11, 2005 04:46PM

someone who had taken the Landmark Forum, was aware of both the positive and negative of the experience, but was neutral about it.

I am not totally sure this is possible.... if you have done the forum.. you can not give a neutral view of it.

If you participate fully in landmark forum (that is the way landmark believes and tells you that you should) you should come away from it spouting landmark jargon and walking the line of recruitment so you can no longer be called neutual.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: April 12, 2005 06:58AM

i am not by any means pro landmark. i think it would be
best to shut it down but i am willing to talk to u .

i have taken the forum in 1996.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.