Where's the critical thinking regarding your views?
Posted by: oayche ()
Date: October 24, 2004 10:21AM

After reading much info on this site and in this forum, I can't help but ask: where's the posts questioning your view and points you make?

Surely someone as open to critical thinking as you would welcome oposing viewpoints? That is after all a charge you level at organisations like Lamdmark.

Perhaps you like dishing it out but can't take it yourself?!

PS. If you can't go 3 hours without going to the toilet, I hope the army never has to rely on you to defend the country ... "Sorry Mr. terrorist, can you not explode that bomb for a few minutes cause our brave soldier's gone for a wee-wee"

PPS. Over a billion Moslems fast (no food or water) for anything between 6 & 15 hours a day for a month, can't you go with ONLY 2 meals a day, or are you merely talking about obese people who need to graze?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 24, 2004 10:08PM

There are critical posts throughout the message board.

This especially applies to Landmark devotees who come through and throw a few eggs every now and then.

Thanks for admitting openly that Landmark has a policy about toilet breaks and rigidly controls its seminars.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This research paper by a clinical psychologist pretty much hits the main points of what's wrong with mass marathon training like Landmark.

See if Landmark will post a link at its site, or other sites associated with the company. I know they are a business and set up to make money, but a little critical balance might be nice.

Landmark Education has a history of bad press, complaints and personal injury lawsuits.

See [www.culteducation.com]

And it's sure not all about bathroom breaks.

BTW--since when is a weekend seminar supposed to be like serving in the military?

This seems like a rather telling analogy.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: October 25, 2004 01:05AM

I think the Landmark organisation must have hired or enlisted some more scientologists to provide ~tech~nical consulting, tactical support, strategic ~assistance,~ and spiritual guidance.

I wonder if Landmark is paying royalties to the Co$ for the use of their ~winning formulae.~

Ellen

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 25, 2004 01:11AM

Oaychne,

There is an astrounding lack of critical thinking and lack of knowledge revealed in your post regarding eating, fasting and use of deprivation of common human comfort. And the arrogance and sarcasm is enough to make anyone run out and sign up for an LGAT.

Thank you so much.

Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: October 25, 2004 04:20AM

Oayche,

I'm really curious as to what has motivated you to post here. What are you trying to accomplish?

Survivor

Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 25, 2004 07:38AM

Perhaps you like dishing it out but can't take it yourself?!

Funny that you would bring that up in the context of Landmark...have you ever tried to "dish it out" to your Landmark leader?

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: October 25, 2004 08:00AM

Obviously this person is a devotee of some sort, trying to get a "reaction".
The bathroom break comment points to where their loyalities lie.

What's good about this type of forum, in my view, is that its obvious the posters here do NOT share a common ideology at all. People reflect profoundly different points of view on everything from the value of critical thinking, and which kind of critical thinking, and issues of religion, and just about everything else.
That's GOOD!
No one here is trying to tell people what to think, or what to do, or who to follow, or what to eat. No one here is trying to sell people a bunch of junk they don't need.

The critical thinking about the views expressed here all all over the site. Almost every poster seems to have a different viewpoint.
That's healthy, in my view.

Coz

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: October 25, 2004 03:23PM

Oayche,

Your comments are a terrific example of how a Landmarkian thinks and a great illustration to the uninitiated of why NOT to attend any of the Landmark courses.

While some of us may cringe at the illogical nature of Landmarkian writings in cognition and expression, these examples provide a living compendium to all of what the unethically applied psychological process does to the human mind.

Oz

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: October 26, 2004 12:44PM

as an expression of their devotion to their religion and God. It is an act of sacrifice and self-discipline. To compare this to the authoritive and controlling example of the limiting of toilet breaks at the Landmark Forum is ludicrous.

Landmark's motivation in limiting toilet breaks is to practice their mind control through totalistic controlling of the physicality of the participants; which is of course ultimately only to make money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.