BodyTalk/John Veltheim/PaRama
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: March 27, 2009 12:45PM

I'm not sure this is the right section for this question, and I'm not sure John Veltheim is a guru.

Although he might be a quack. I did 12 sessions of this work with someone who learned his system at a series of workshops (red flag#1) and absolutely NOTHING happened. (red flag#2)
Well, I wasted money; that happened. (red flag#3)

On the legendary Byron Katie(the work)/Eckhart Tolle thread, The Anticult recently made the excellent point that no one does much about cults until after the rapes or the mass suicides. In the spirit of doing something more quickly about cults, quacks, lgats, and useless workshops, I'd like to raise questions about this man and the system he's developed now, before it's popular or well-known. If it works and he's legit, great. If not, let's get the word out now.

Please, if you have insights into BodyTalk, PaRama, or Veltheim, comment!

On the PaRama website, John Veltheim writes:

"While I practiced chiropractic in Brisbane, I continued to study everything I could in natural therapies. My martial arts background led me to Chinese medicine and in particular, acupuncture. This gave me a deeper understanding of the energy systems of the body as I trained in the traditional texts. My further postgraduate studies included such subjects as osteopathy, applied kinesiology, nutrition, counseling, bioenergetic therapy and sports medicine. I also studied comparative religion and philosophy...

By channeling the chi energy using martial arts techniques I was able to perform minor `healing' myself by dramatically increasing the flow of energy into my hands and passing it on to the patient. Through this technique I was able to relieve simple headaches, promote the healing of injuries and increase vitality. I also noticed that my ability on any particular day depended upon my own state of vitality. Obviously, I was using my own energy. This seemed to be the dominant factor in the many healers I examined. They were restricted to only a few patients a week and they tended to be able to heal only at the expense of their own vitality and health. They also could not treat themselves. I became quite pleased I wasn't a `natural' healer. They seemed to share a common state of poor health and short lives...

Fifteen years of working and studying seven days a week cost me a marriage and my own health. My life seemed to be collapsing around me and there was little I could do about it. I had resigned my positions with the college and various associations and was simply trying to stabilize my life once again. I still had my natural therapy practice and decided to focus more on enjoying life. No more studies or seminars.

Shortly after making this decision I received a phone call which was to change my life. A friend of mine, whose opinion I respected, called to say that she had booked me into a seminar on Reiki, and insisted I attend. Oh heck! I thought, another energy seminar! I attended under protest until I received my first initiation.

Suddenly I felt an energy in my hands that was entirely different from anything I had experienced before in my many years working with energy systems. My hands were warm and tingling. More important, I felt an inner peace and harmony enveloping me. It took me three minutes to decide that this was what I had been looking for. I also decided then and there that I would give up my career and do whatever was necessary to become a Reiki Master.

Next week I tried it out in my clinic. I found that sports injuries responded faster than anything I was able to do previously with my combinations of chiropractic, acupuncture, herbs, interferential and soft tissue techniques. What is more, I realized that my qualifications meant nothing as far as results with Reiki were concerned. My nine-year-old son, if initiated to Reiki, would obtain results equal to mine! Although this was a blow to my ego, it excited me. I was determined to train as a Reiki Master and initiate as many people as I possibly could!

It took a while to sell my practice and find a Reiki Master/teacher to train me as a Master. On the first day of my Reiki Master training I met Esther, who would become my wife and life partner two years later.

One of my greatest joys in life is to see the faces of my Reiki students as they receive their first initiation to Reiki. My inner knowing that I have been instrumental in giving them a tool which they can use for the rest of their lives, to harmonize, heal and maintain their health and spiritual evolution, is something indescribably wonderful.

My journey to Reiki has been long but it has been worthwhile. I hope this book inspires many others to experience the joy that is Reiki.

After teaching Reiki for five years, I was reunited with many of my colleagues who had been developing many new techniques which they were very excited about. They shared their ideas with me as I was always actively involved in research and development in the health field. This set me on a new tangent of studying and developing what is now called BodyTalk. Reiki, like all systems, is excellent but does have its limitations. To help cover those limitations, I found BodyTalk went a long way to filling the gap. The specific techniques that enable a practitioner to treat viruses, infections, dyslexia, and many other troublesome disorders, convinced me that BodyTalk had a very important place in the overall scheme of health care.

My other interests in psychology and philosophy led to the development, in cooperation with my wife, Esther, of the Life Management and personnel development courses we are teaching under the PaRama name.

I have now been able to fulfill my dream of establishing a comprehensive approach to personal growth and health care which covers everything from the overall philosophy encapsulated in Advaita philosophy through the psychological tools utilized in our personal growth seminars, down to practical BodyTalk techniques enabling us to treat a multitude of health problems effectively. All this can be based on the bottom line of Reiki which provides a harmonious nurturing support and healing system for the entire bodymind complex."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BodyTalk/John Veltheim/PaRama
Posted by: aletheia ()
Date: January 15, 2012 12:02AM

Just a quick post -

If you want to see more, go to their website and watch the BodyTalk Videos

Just keep watching and you will eventually come to the parts about how medicine is nothing more than folklore and not scientific ... and of course how BodyTalk is scientific and NOT folklore or mysticism.

You will come to the place where Veltheim recounts his experience of completely, in one BT session, "disappearing" a fibroid tumor in a paying customer. .. because, you see, that tumor was actually an expression of a deep seated emotional buried memory rape trauma in his "patient, that he " intuited" by scanning her "mindbody" and once this awareness was "remembered" by the victim, then the turmor could go away. In rough bodytalk speak, the repressed memory was the tumor and unblocking the memory "disappeared the tumor.

You will in many place run across talk about Quantum Physics .. Giveaway # 1 of many of these purveyors.

There are many other things in the videos, BUT, you MUST not be lulled into the sleepy alpha state by the tone or cadence of the voice for it is this state in the mind that placers of thoughts attemt to induce int he listener so as to implant the speakers "truths" . This fellow with his quirky Australian accent and manner is indeed a master a communicating a message .. his message... to those that want to believe. This desire to believe, is IMO the one feature of many of these "systems" of thought.

Surprisingly, BodyTalk is flying under the radar, but hopefully it will come more to light.

Posted by: aletheia ()
Date: January 17, 2012 03:53AM

Oh but there is more. Did you not already know that the pyramids esisted 50,000 years before the egyptians came on the scene??? Well, that is what the founder of the BodyTalk says.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 17, 2012 07:12AM

aletheia:

And of course that belief is complete nonsense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.