Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Landmark South Africa
Posted by: ExLand ()
Date: February 04, 2009 05:49PM

Anyone out there who has had a bad experience of Landmark in South Africa?

I suffered psychosis after The Forum, dealing with recovery now, I'm looking for similar people for support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark South Africa
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 08, 2009 07:33PM

I expect that the Landmark programme will be the same no matter where it is held. People from other countries should be as good as any.

What was your particular experience of how they ran a Landmark Education forum in South Africa?

John

Date: February 09, 2009 04:24PM

I expect it is the same as in other countries. I am simply looking for people from South Africa, since it easier to communicate with people from my own country, with regards to finding good doctors and counsellors etc.

I'm on a path to recovery from psychosis but it would be good to be in touch with some people who've been through a similar experience as I have- to trade ideas and stories.

Have you suffered due to Landmark?

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 09, 2009 08:06PM

Haven't really suffered. I bailed out after one of those "intro" evenings. I wasn't keen on going anyway and only went so there would be an end to the pestering. More then enough for me.

John

PS. I'm way too tight to spend that amount of money on myself! :-P

Posted by: h_r ()
Date: February 10, 2009 07:36AM

Hi ExLand,
I'm not in south africa either, but I wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this. Many people have suffered due to landmark. I'm one of them. Therapists are great help, but if you're dealing with psychosis, you may want to engage a psychiatrist who can help you control the symptoms. I'm not a huge fan of psych drugs as a rule, but when they help, they *really* help. You can also do a search on these message boards to see what others have to say about post-landmark psychosis and other kinds of mental issues that arise from those "trainings." Best of luck to you.

Date: February 10, 2009 04:34PM

I think I'm over the psychosis, now I'm just struggling with my self-confidence and depression- I suppose time will heal all my troubles.

I'm on anti-psychotic meds already but trying to convince my psychiatrist that Landmark is to blame for all this is the toughest part! I'm also looking for proffesional advice for my therapist, which has been a difficult task. It's as if no one in South Africa has heard of LGAT's and the damage they can do!

Thanks for the good luck wishes h_r. Did you find anything to read during your recovery that really helped you to get better? I've read quite a lot of stuff through links from these threads on the message boards, but always seem to be looking for more information.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:50AM

ExLand,

I wish I knew someone in South Africa. I can relate to what you are going through. I had a Landmark meltdown in 2007 after being involved with them for 9 months.

Don't give up hang in there. Believe me it will get better for you. I crashed really hard after Landmark but now I am almost back to normal.

Look up some of my old postings. Hopefully they will help you out. I used to be a regular on this site.

Date: February 12, 2009 03:57PM

Will do Zorro. Thanks for the advice, I can't wait to get better, I guess I'm just being impatient!

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:53PM

ExLand. Just look at your impatients as self motivation to get better. When things are tough you can turn to this website and you will find people that will be willing to listen and discuss what you are being faced with and what you are feeling and going through. This site helped me a lot while I was getting over Landmark.

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: February 13, 2009 03:19AM

Hi Exland. Sorry to hear what you are being faced.
Here is another web site, I post it here, before Landmark forces it to be removed, they have sometimes done that in the past.

I was sleepless for many month too, but now I am back to normal.

from [www.geocities.com]

Young Girl's Dreams

My True Story...

Hello, I'm 20 years old and I enrolled in Landmark Forum's Seminar, "Curriculum For Living," in 1999. As everyone knows who has attended an introduction or has heard of this group, Landmark participants boast about their amazing "BREAKTHROUGHS" and their miraculous "TRANSFORMATION." It sounds too good to be true and it is, it really is...

In May after attending a three and one-half day seminar, I returned home only to find that there was something dreadful happening to me. I first noticed that there was something wrong when I could not fall asleep and kept twitching sporadically in my bed. I heard my Forum leader's voice pounding in my head and couldn't get it out. At that point I sought professional help. First, I called my family doctors who referred me to a nearby counselor. When I arrived, my counselor knew very little about the Forum. For months I couldn't sleep and when I finally could sleep I had horrible nightmares of the people in th Forum. Still, I have nightmares from time to time and have a hard time falling asleep. After a few visits to my counselor, she diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Since then nine months ago, my doctors have discovered what the Forum is and why it is a danger for any individual to pursue.

Landmark and it's associates claim to have been in training for 4-6 years but conduct themselves unprofessionally with their highly masterminded, MIND CONTROLLING TECHINIQUES" and LARGE GROUP HYPNOTIC PRACTICES. They do not take into respect that they are manipulating the well-beings of the people who they hold for 16 hours behind closed doors and deprive of sleep. They do not understand that their philosophies are not the same as the ordinary person's. They want your MIND and that's it. They want to control it. They want to make your decisions for you and they prey on your vulnerability.

As for me, I am still seeking therapy and I am unable to return to my college where I was a leader and on the Dean's List. I hope that no other person will have to endure the endless night's without sleep and the personal agony that I have had to go through on behalf of Landmark Forum. I am not the only person Landmark has psychologically injured either. I share my struggle with others as well. So please, whatever you do, DO NOT do the Forum, DO NOT associate with its members and DO NOT answer their questions. PLEASE DO NOT FALL VICTIM.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN HURT BY LANDMARK EDUCATION AND IT'S PRACTICES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO COME FORWARD. ALSO, PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT LANDMARK OR HAVE COMMENTS CONCERNING THIS MATTER.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.