Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LEBD/Vanto tentacles in which companies and local governments?
Posted by: Vegiegardener ()
Date: August 25, 2008 09:58PM

Hi all

I am curious to know about LEBD/Vanto, and wondering which companies they have got their tentacles into. Has anyone else noticed any patterns in this regard? Looking at the list on the Vanto website, it looks like they've got their tentacles well into the energy industry. Has anyone else thought this?

If I'm correct, this could explain why a good percentage of people in the energy industry seem unable to face or talk about the unpleasant sides of energy depletion such as 'peak oil' (because they've been brainwashed into only seeing the 'possibilities' and they've been terrorised (ironically) into not being 'negative' and 'fearful').

Also how involved are they in local governments and city councils? Our local government seems to be overflowing with nastiness and disdain for pensioners and critics, fuelled ostensibly by the need for 'revitalisation'. It seems to scream out "Landmark' to me.

Vegiegardener

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 09:58PM by Vegiegardener.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LEBD/Vanto tentacles in which companies and local governments?
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 26, 2008 10:59AM

Something to bear in mind is that "peak oil" is just a theory, just as the "energy crisis" in the 70s was just a fake dilemma to enable the prices to go up to more profitable levels. The truth is that we now have more discovered oil sources than ever before.

Just want to separate this side-issue from discussions on someone being unable to face negatives or engage in critical thinking.

John

Posted by: Elaine ()
Date: August 26, 2008 11:35AM

Veggiegardner - ever seen the movie "Fight Club"? That's how far LE's and Vanto's reach is. They are like Brain in "Pinky and the Brain" - plotting every night, how to take over the world.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: August 29, 2008 11:09PM

when I was involved (1994-98) there was this buzz about a mining company in south america that had "transformed" their whole business. The employees where all being subjected to landmark (vanto) technology and suddenly the company was being profitable again.

This story about that company was used to make us (the landmark devotees) think that we were part of something bigger.

I don't remember the name of the company but it would be interesting to see how they are doing now. Are they transforming the mining business? :-/

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: August 30, 2008 05:54AM

nettie
when I was involved (1994-98) there was this buzz about a mining company in south america that had "transformed" their whole business. The employees where all being subjected to landmark (vanto) technology and suddenly the company was being profitable again.

This story about that company was used to make us (the landmark devotees) think that we were part of something bigger.

I don't remember the name of the company but it would be interesting to see how they are doing now. Are they transforming the mining business? :-/

Maybe you are referring to Minera Escondida Ltd. ?
I don't know much about that.

Date: August 30, 2008 06:40PM

I thought I had replied the other day but it didn't get through for some reason...

John- Yes- Peak oil, (true or not) is a side issue and I'm happy to leave it there too.
Elaine- thank you for the suggestions, I haven't seen either, but looked them up and read a bit about them. Re Pinky and the Brain- does this mean they may plot but it's pretty hopeless for them?
Nettie- hmmm, interesting..
I've just had another look at the Vanto website and now find quite a lot of references to mining and natural resources.

Vegiegardener

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: August 31, 2008 12:48AM

Vegiegardener
Hi all

I am curious to know about LEBD/Vanto, and wondering which companies they have got their tentacles into. Has anyone else noticed any patterns in this regard? Looking at the list on the Vanto website, it looks like they've got their tentacles well into the energy industry. Has anyone else thought this?

If I'm correct, this could explain why a good percentage of people in the energy industry seem unable to face or talk about the unpleasant sides of energy depletion such as 'peak oil' (because they've been brainwashed into only seeing the 'possibilities' and they've been terrorised (ironically) into not being 'negative' and 'fearful').

Also how involved are they in local governments and city councils? Our local government seems to be overflowing with nastiness and disdain for pensioners and critics, fuelled ostensibly by the need for 'revitalisation'. It seems to scream out "Landmark' to me.

Vegiegardener

If one dares to think in Lekkie logic more a moment..it only makes sense to get involved in energy resources, like mining, oil, or whatever industry is fundamental to making 'the world go round'.

Afterall, if they want world domination by 2020, or whatever year they picked out of their misguided fantasies, they will need to have control over more than a few hundred thousand people's minds. If the brainwashing, and extreme manipulations aren't going to suffice, they need to have control over something everyone relies on for sustenance.

Good luck to them if that's what they're thinking...the self-help 'technology' they've been selling thus far still doesn't hold water when tested in real life, its useless for practical use. They may have some key political figures and public service personnel snowballed, but there is no doubt in my mind that there are just as many influential people that see through their garbage, and would never allow them to dominate their world. I don't see any organization connected to LE as having the capability of producing anything more than what they have been for decades, except the little they can use to manipulate and control whichever group of people have the misfortune of relying on them for survival.

They may have wormed their way into a juicy apple such as the energy industry, but the moment the big boys of the energy industry get a taste of the worm inside, they will spit it out...money talks, and no doubt they have a lot of it, but their cash will only carry them so far. They might even make a lot of progress by operating out of impoverished third world countries, but the litmus test to their credibility as an energy producing, extracting, trading etc. business will still have to take place on soil where people know they have a choice, and are not dependent on just one major employer, or seller of energy extracted from natural resources. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but they do think in terms of grandeur and mass control.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 31, 2008 07:56PM

If only imagining it for themselves was enough to keep them occupied.

(sigh)

John

Date: September 13, 2008 03:29PM

I was thinking some more about this... following on from ON2 LF's ideas... if one was to apply that kind of thinking again, then it would make sense that they (LE (and their umbrella group?)) are headed for the parts that "make the mining companies go around", so... for example, towards the infrastructure.. the asset and data management ... and to human resources management to make sure they get the 'right people' into the positions of influence in all the key areas... it's a simple theory really, and could all be quite invisible. Does anyone know if this is happening? How would one know?

Who in the world would or should be concerned about this sort of thing?

Vegiegardener

PS As a vegiegardener I've noticed that there are a lot of useful lessons to be learned about humanity by observing how weeds take over garden beds (through persistence and often by underground means) and about how weeds need to be weeded (always from the edges, in small but consistent quantities), and about how beautiful flowers and vegetables need a certain amount of tending in order for them to flourish and provide seed.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 13, 2008 10:50PM

Here is a way to investigate this.

Someone on one of the Google listserves posted a copy of Landmark's form entitled

"NOTICE OF IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND HEALTH WARNINGS"

the full copy can be read here:

[groups.google.com];

A very promising way to determine if something might be an LGAT is to get copies of their disclaimer forms and compare them with this one.

If someone refuses to give you a copy of the form so you can take it home and study it at leisure, refuse to participate.

(By way of contrast, Ive done athletic events and the waiver forms are sent us weeks ahead of time -- and there is plenty of time to look them over and make a copy for our records if we so desire.)

One marker is an LGAT is prepared to take all the credit if you feel you benefit, but if you feel harmed or feel that you fail to benefit, the LGAT will (and IMO this is the tip off)--wash its hands of you and put the onus on you.

For groups that claim to teach us to take responsibility for our lives, this refusal of a group to accept any responsiblity for poor outcomes and a willingness only to take credit for successful outcomes is a selective game of accepting responsiblity only with things go well and putting the blame on the subject if things go wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2008 10:52PM by corboy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.