Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Landmark Forum for Cats
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 15, 2008 11:18AM

Well, with all this unblocking it must be a bit of a relief!

Da-dum!

Thank-you. Thank-you. I'll be here all week!

John :-P

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: August 20, 2008 08:10AM

Brad has a new video up, "Landmark Education and the "C" word":

[www.youtube.com]

I thought it was pretty good and rated it high. Since then it's been rated down. If you like it want to, you may want to rate it.

Posted by: pauker ()
Date: August 20, 2008 11:16PM

Yeah, folks. Mosey on over to his video and give the boy some support for the courage he's showing in doing this. He can use it.

Posted by: Bradbavarde ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:28AM

Hi all, I wanted you to know, that I received a letter from Landmark today stating that my money has been refunded for the Forum I attended due to my dissatifaction and my lack of results. This came as a surprise. Is this normal for Landmark?

Date: October 30, 2009 04:32PM

Hello Brad,

I dont know if you still check this site, however, I would like to communicate with you. I am obligated to take this course and need to seek your help to get through it. All management in the company I work for have to do this. I am afraid of the hypnosis. I have never been hypotised so I do not know if I am suseptible to this. I am a practicing devote Christian and this is most disturbing to me. If you could respond and give me your take I would truly appreciate it. I would like to hear from anyone who can advise me.

Thank you

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:10PM

worriedpleasehelp
Hello Brad,

I dont know if you still check this site, however, I would like to communicate with you. I am obligated to take this course and need to seek your help to get through it. All management in the company I work for have to do this. I am afraid of the hypnosis. I have never been hypotised so I do not know if I am suseptible to this. I am a practicing devote Christian and this is most disturbing to me. If you could respond and give me your take I would truly appreciate it. I would like to hear from anyone who can advise me.

Thank you

Hi there,

I don't think it is legal for your employer to require you to go to this course.
Some people have accused Landmark for robbing them of their faith.

Keep researching here and on other places.

My advice is - DO NOT DO IT. If you have to change job - do it.

Anyone can be susceptible to the hypnotic parts of the landmark forum.

Br
Lars

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 30, 2009 11:03PM

Other people have been pressured at work to do Landmark

(if these do not work as links, copy and paste them into your web browser.

You can also go to the search button (upper right) and do 'all dates' (this message board is 7 years old) and put 'Landmark' and 'psychosis' into the slot and see what you get.

Dont do this if you dont want to.

[forum.culteducation.com]

And dont forget to look at this thread on how they manipulate the room environment.

BTW Landmark devotees love to talk about 'The Harvard Study'

From an article printed in Boston Globe

[www.culteducation.com]

The San Francisco-based Forum came into being when Werner Erhard (John Paul Rosenberg to his parents) sold the "technology" for Erhard Seminars Training -- est -- to his brother Harry. The Forum, formally known as the Landmark Education Corp., has enjoyed considerable success with the self-actualization crowd, and with the Cambridge intelligentsia. That success is now chronicled in an HBS case study so sycophantic that Landmark has been using it -- improperly, Harvard says -- as a promotional tool.

and

Mark Kamin, a Landmark spokesman, said his company ordered several thousand copies of the document after it was published. He adds that Landmark signed an agreement with Harvard not to use the case for promotional purposes, "and we've endeavored to keep that agreement." When I told him that a recent seminar attendee said the case was being used to puff Landmark, Kamin said, "I can't guarantee that people who led seminars didn't say, 'Hey, there's this case study.' "

Date: October 31, 2009 03:34PM

Hi Lars,

I thank you so much for replying. I have contacted the Human Resources manager and she says she is trying to figure out how they can actually attempt to do this. I am actively looking for other employment but as I am the single mother of 2 handicapped children; I can't just walk away with no prospects. I have been told to show up and them walk out. This bothers me because I have heard that one cannot leave in the middle of the forum. Do you know this to be true?

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: November 01, 2009 12:31AM

well - if you have come to the course there is an opportunity to leave the first day and get a full refund.

Of course you can leave anytime during the course - not show up after a break.

I am not sure what good that would do though since your employer probably will find out that you didn't complete the course.

I hope everything works out for you - I understand it is not easy just to quit your job.

I have seen people walk out of the course but the assistants and staff will call you and tell you that you should come back and confront what is holding you back from realizing your full potential (or some other "crap"). They can be very offensive to people that leave which makes it uncomfortable to do so.

BR
Lars

Posted by: Bradbavarde ()
Date: November 01, 2009 01:55AM

Hi there,
I just got the message. I have heard from other people whose employer has made the forum a "required opportunity". I suggest that if you go, you make an attempt to rebel against all the control they place on you; take a break when you want. take notes, sit where you want. What can they do? There are others in the room that have the same feelings. Also, watch for people who come forward early on in the forum who are very articulate about how they have already been changed by the experience, these are plants. During the mass hypnosis, I would meditate on a piece of scripture. I recite the Jesus Prayer, and did this often during the Forum. You will notice that the leader will say things that are perfectly incomprehensible. This is done on purpose. Just be on your guard and not take in seriously. You should be able to get through it, I did.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.