The Group - A World Premiere Performance
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: June 01, 2008 09:09PM

The Group - A World Premiere Performance
[www.artsandmedia.net]

The Group, a new performance piece created by Robert Quillen Camp and performed by Dodeska Performance Ensemble, is an Enacted Self-Empowerment Workshop that combines a charismatic leader with an immersive audio experience. Inspired by the largely American tradition of packaging and selling self-improvement, (from EST and the Landmark Forum to Norman Vincent Peale and The Secret), The Group takes its audience on a savagely wry headphones-guided “soul journey” and illustrates the negative potential of positive thinking.

What do people make of this?

It seems from this website link to be a form of satire / parody, and if so I'm all for that. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Group - A World Premiere Performance
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: June 02, 2008 12:37AM

let us hope it is satire - but some people that behave like landmarkers don't behave like LEC want's them to behave. LEC looses control of their devotees sometimes. People apply the landmark technology in their own way and LEC likes it but will never say they approve of it.

It is very strange - I can not make heads or tails w/ LM...they say they want people to "live life powerfully and live a life you love"...but when you speak up against LM (powerfully) they try to silence you with scare tactics.

nettie
the entity that used to love landmark who has turned a bit sour :-(

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: June 02, 2008 04:47AM

listen to the clips here:

[www.dodeska.com]

it sounds great.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: June 02, 2008 04:51AM

by great, I mean powerful and funny.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.