Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Workshops: Treating Victims of coercive persuassion
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 12, 2008 08:47PM

FF, the more I read of you the more impressed I am.

As it is I'm already a big supporter of single mums as I know they've already got it tough. And it's unrelenting. Just hang in there and don't burn out part way through the marathon. I think you're going to do just great ... and maybe even better.

John

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: January 13, 2008 01:00AM

Thanks John. I've been having doubts lately whether I'm going to make it. Law Enforcement that is.

Everytime I doubt myself something or someone comes along and knocks me to my senses again.

I have an old whiplash injury that's been bothering me. The school said as long as I can handle the physical activity I can be in their program. Well I've been having some sessions with a physical trainer and been getting headaches. I was really wishing to see a chiropractor, but they are expensive and I have a laps in my insurance right now because I was between jobs for a bit.

I wished I knew where my chiropractor moved his business. I hadn't been to him in over a year and my neck had been knotted up. I told myself if I'm going to make it I need a miracle to happen.

The next morning, who walks into the coffee shop in my town while I was enjoying a mocha-my chiropractor!

I couldn't believe the coincidence. I explained my predicament. He got me in that same day and only charged me $35.00. My neck feels better.
FF

Date: January 13, 2008 12:56PM

Woo-hoo! I was about to suggest you Google him. :-)

God must be good to you.

John

Date: January 13, 2008 01:32PM

Hey John,
That's what I've been thinking lately. He's not going to let me get by with giving up.

The last time I was going to give up, I literally was desperate. I asked for a sign to which way to go with my career choice. A few days later we had our first snow fall and as I came down the highway I was the first to arrive at an accident. A van slid off the road and smacked into a utility pole. A little girl was hurt and bleeding and crying hysterically. She had cuts on her forehead. I told the person to take her into my van to keep her warm until the police arrive. I told the little girl that I understand that she was afraid but assured her that she'll be all right.

I felt bad for the people but I felt really good about being able to help them. It gave me a taste of reality in why I want to be a police officer.
FF

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 14, 2008 06:42AM

freedom fighter
I need an Australian dictionary.

Have a look here: Australian Slang Dictionary

Date: January 14, 2008 10:09AM

Regarding the Wellspring group, it's nice that they have a link to this site on their links page.

Date: January 14, 2008 11:17AM

Thanks Jack,
Now you can speak in your Aussie slang and I'll understand you. Ace! Does dag translate to John in Oz?
FF

Date: January 14, 2008 11:38AM

Actually, I've been known to be a "bit of a dag" (affectionately spoken to not mean the "sheep poo" meaning).

John

Date: January 14, 2008 12:26PM

Hey John,
That's it. I won't attempt to speak in Aussie slang. I'll end up offending someone or sounding like a dork by using a word in the wrong way. At least I was close to the right phrase.

Sheep poo? Oops. My apoligies.

ff

Date: January 14, 2008 12:57PM

Aussie, pronounced Ozzie (cos' we Aussies have a bit of laugh when Yanks say it with the s's). I'm speaking for myself, of course, cos' I dunno how John feels about it. And how do American's react to Yank? Because when we see one of your huge cars on our roads we call that a Yank Tank.

Dag is universally a term of affection (well, sort of). It's not usual for fellas to call each other dags, but sheilas often call their fellas dags. And as John points out, it's also a word we use for the dried up sheep poo stuck to the sheeps bum, you know, when it gets caught in their wool.

I think guys like John and I have had our fair share of being called dags - not the poo kind, unless we've been especially insensitive...or when we tell too many Mormon jokes!

But please, FF, do try and learn the lingo...we need to have a laugh too! And especially if you ever decide to do the Wellspring seminar (you see, I do try and keep this on topic)...

Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.