Have you ever been threatened by Landmark Education?
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 18, 2007 05:20PM

So how many of you all have recieved a threat from Landmark Education? How did they threaten you? Did they follow through on the threat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you ever been threatened by Landmark Education?
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 19, 2007 12:42PM

Personally, Landmark attacks have come from their drones. Nothing more than verbal abuse, really. But it's the old 'sticks and stones' cliche. I haven't really put myself into the firing line, but I'm very tempted to 'picket' outside one of their forums and represent - in my small way - the other stuff these drones don't know. Ha! Is it a case of 'what they don't know, they don't know'?

I'm not sure they have the capability to threaten individuals, but groups like this forum have been their target.

Blanks. They're only shooting blanks.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 19, 2007 04:33PM

Jack Oskar Larm
Personally, Landmark attacks have come from their drones. Nothing more than verbal abuse, really. But it's the old 'sticks and stones' cliche. I haven't really put myself into the firing line, but I'm very tempted to 'picket' outside one of their forums and represent - in my small way - the other stuff these drones don't know. Ha! Is it a case of 'what they don't know, they don't know'?

I'm not sure they have the capability to threaten individuals, but groups like this forum have been their target.

Blanks. They're only shooting blanks.

Being in "the firing line" as Jack Oskar Larm puts it, is not fun.

I mean, I've heard this from other individuals who have described it.

Freedom of speech and all that.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: November 19, 2007 05:18PM

Zorro
So how many of you all have recieved a threat from Landmark Education? How did they threaten you? Did they follow through on the threat?

I think on the whole Landmark management are far to carefull to threaten in such a way that it could be used against them. They can get the message across in so many other ways.

I have had "reminders" about the agreements I signed as a staff member, and as an ex paid staff member I am careful about what I say and do to ensure that I don't have to face the 'wrath' of Landmark so to speak.

The legal threat is enough for me. There is no way I could afford to defend myself against landmark should they take legal action against me, and I have hear other ex paid staff members say the same.

Date: November 20, 2007 08:38AM

That's so sad, Sonnie. What a world we have created where truth and justice is determined by the weight of our wallets.

I'm lucky, I suppose, because I have no fear of reprisal from these heavy-weights. For their information, I have nothing: no assets, no cash, no investments. Nada! If I was ever attacked, they'd have to deal with the Australian government and with someone with plenty of time and braincells...LOL

Or they'd just get a loon who likes to read out his Landmark poem, again.

Date: November 20, 2007 10:35AM

I'm not scared of Landmark anymore: [www.myspace.com]

But I do pick my battles of where and when wisely.

Date: November 20, 2007 02:01PM

Good on you, Zorro. Are you really 90?

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 20, 2007 05:19PM

Yeah, we had a threat via our hosting provider. First they received a "painfully polite" phone call, then next came a legal nastygram. They wanted us to pull a certain video within 7 days. Something to do with a breach of copyright of their trainers manual.

We didn't drop the documentary video for a moment. We already knew from the EFF in America that their complaints were totally bogus. And to top it off, the rightful copyright owner of the video would be France 3, not Landmark Education. (For some reason I just can't imagine Landmark Education doing an expository documentary on themselves :-P )

If Landmark Education ever do launch legal action against you, my gut feeling is to head straight for the "discovery phase" as much as possible. Expose everything. This is what Landmark wants to avoid at all costs. Rick Ross' site has a special litigation archive for Landmark Education which would be a huge head-start on what sorts of things to ask for.

We were also fortunate to have a firm of lawyers who were willing to represent us pro bono (no charge). There were also many others that were prepared to advise and assist in other ways. Feels good to have a dedicated team form for special events like this.

Anyway, I guess that the best advice is to first count the cost and to then stand your ground. Don't be scared when the big bad wolf starts puffing away. Hang in there.

John

Date: November 20, 2007 11:29PM

Jack Oskar Larm
Good on you, Zorro. Are you really 90?

Nope! Far from it!

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 21, 2007 09:46AM

Oil of Olay? Must be that beauty regime! :-P

John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.