Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: LGAT in Concord California
Posted by: jtaylormade ()
Date: July 29, 2009 02:09AM

i found a review on yelp of New Era if anyone else on this forum besides me has had the unfortunate experience of attending could you please post a review so that others may be warned?

here is the link to the reviews....

YELP REVIEW OF NEW ERA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SpookyM61 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 01:17PM

LOL the positive yelp review are all from former graduates/previous/current volunteer/staff of New Era LOL!

For those who need more detailed info on what goes on in LGAT like New Era
Check this youtube channel [www.youtube.com]
PsychDoctorate's experience was with EST one of the OG LGATs the birth Landmark Education, Lifespring, and countless
others LGAT companies.

Posted by: baked420 ()
Date: September 01, 2010 03:46AM

i left a review on there and i started to get a lot PM's saying i need to give it a chance and experience the "gift". also after i left a neg review, there was a bomb of positive of reviews on there.

Posted by: jtaylormade ()
Date: October 29, 2011 01:38AM

It seems my yelp acount has been shut down do to a violation of their TOS. I emailed and asked them to show me what part of the tos I violated. I have only ever left one review and that is of New Era, It was a very to the point review of my experience....apparently they need to research what i did wrong as it wasnt evident to the recipient of my request, and it will take them a few days....one more company that bends to the will of the LGAT?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:14AM

That is a huge problem with organized groups. They can arrange to 'astroturf' cybervenues by swarming them with devotee reviews, choking out any written statements the group dislikes.

Posted by: SpookyM61 ()
Date: October 16, 2013 08:18AM

Checkout, subscribe, share info at this subreddit [www.reddit.com]
I made to fill a void there. Spreading info about these lgats scam all over the net.
Knowledge is power!

Posted by: jill w ()
Date: December 06, 2014 10:03PM

Face it, putting an end to these seminars won't happen in our lifetime.

It's about money!

All you can do is try to keep your family away and safe.

Do your research!

Posted by: Skipshot ()
Date: January 20, 2015 03:31PM

My wife went through the New Era Explore and Realize training in September 2014, and convinced me to go in November 2014. Our experiences were entirely different - hers was very positive and mine very negative.

Part 1:

Our marriage had been rocky for the previous few years, and her difficulties at work and her health crisis added fuel to the flames. She had seen therapists over the years but her anger at the world was not resolved. She went to New Era on the advice of an acquaintance and the training drastically changed her outlook on life for the better. She no longer avoided the family by staying at the office, and when home she didn't retreat to her iPad to watch Netflix all day. She engaged the children like she rarely ever did, cooked, and didn't mind taking out the trash. I had no idea what she was going through and she just smiled and said I need to experience the training to understand. I have a classical liberal arts education up through a Master's degree, studying history, philosophy, political science, economics, literature, languages, science, etc., and continue my own studies 20 years after finishing formal studies. I keep an open mind, especially when the results are obvious, so I enrolled.

The first day of training I "shared" that I understand much of what they described the training and that I look forward to learning more about the program and from others in the class. Also that my wife's experience was so positive that I wanted to take the training to get to her level and to repair our broken communication. Clearly that was the wrong thing to say and I was immediately targeted as being "inauthentic" and "self-righteous" (whatever that meant). "Manuel" and "Kristin" sniped at me throughout the rest of the evening with cracks like "This isn't my first rodeo! I know who you are." I was unfazed since neither of us know the other, and mildly defended myself, which only caused them to turn up with heat on me.
At the end of the evening, Kristin asked I step into a side room for a private meeting. Along with an assistant as a silent witness, she then angrily and aggressively accused me of not getting with the program and that I should just not return. I stuck to my guns that I am taking the training to reconnect with my wife, who had a positive experience. She hollered, "Stop making this about your wife, this is about what you want!" After about 10 more minutes of us going back and forth with neither giving ground I told her I'll see her tomorrow, and walked out.

Date: January 20, 2015 03:51PM

Part 2

The next day I returned with Lynn making a crack before the class that I had returned. I laid low that evening trying to avoid the wrath of the trainers and the evening was otherwise uneventful. That night I told my wife about my first day's experience and asked her if the abuse was part of the training. Had they pegged me as the strong type and were testing my will? She was my "Angel" and shook her head in confusion and said she didn't know what to think.

The afternoon before the third day of training "Manuel" called me to talk about me not getting with the program. I told him it was a bad time and that we can speak while I was driving to the training later that day. He agreed, but then said I might not want to come after our conversation. I told him to stop playing games and that we agreed to speak later because I didn't have time for him. Thirty minutes later my wife called from her office to say Manuel called her and that she and I seriously need to talk about my poor performance in the training. I was in the middle of something else but gave her ten minutes and she spoke in the same psycho-babble that was hollered at me earlier, then told her something is going wrong, but I will not leave the training until I complete it as I promised her and myself, then hung up.

In the car driving to the training I called Manuel at the appointed time. He apologized for not respecting our agreement to talk later, which I accepted. Then he began tearing me apart with the same crap Kristin had said to me the first night. I put up with this for about 20 minutes then told him I'm five minutes from the classroom and we can speak about it later. That evening I was again targeted in front of the class as being "inauthentic" and "self-righteous", but I took their attacks lightly since my wife and I had begun communicating better than we had in years. Manuel and Kristin piled on me some more, but nothing they said made any sense so I dismissed them. Later at home, my wife and I discussed my day and I again asked her if I am singled out as part of the training. She had no answer, but we did have a great conversation on many other matters, and much of the past years' resentment between us was evaporating.

Date: January 20, 2015 04:04PM

Part 3

The fourth day of training and I was still in the trainers' crosshairs. I shared to the class about the previous night's great evening with my wife and that I was happy with the progress, but that was the wrong thing to say again. It was clear that everything I said would set them barking about what a miserable person I was, that I was not getting with their program, and Lynn herself declared me the most self-righteous person she had met in 20 years. I again took the abuse lightly since I realized I didn't know their last names or credentials, and their objectives were becoming clearer, but I was not going to make assumptions. However, the open attacks did get some in the class to turn on me as two women who I had not spoken to shared how I was just like their psychologically abusive and neglectful boyfriend/husband.
Later, Manuel had another private talk with me about how I still need to open up to the training and let go of my self-righteousness. I again told him he's not making sense to me, but he just looked at me like I was a liar.
That evening with my wife we continued the good communication and our lives were improving.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.