Current Page: 3 of 5
Sometimes Landmark grads are funny
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: September 09, 2007 10:58AM

I haven't tried the links for the other videos yet but the very first one posted in this thread is down. Must've been a good one!

I really should look at these things when they come up on this site right away, rather than waiting for a few days. Sounds like some of this stuff has expiration dates (ie. when their host cult catches up to them!).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: September 09, 2007 11:11AM

Well, the other two videos posted in the second post on this thread were still up on YouTube. At least they're short, thank God.

"Make it a great day"????? Is that Landmarkianspeak by chance? A friend of mine says that. I wondered where that came from.

Regarding the "...fifteen years of therapy in three days" comment: I've had some pretty crappy therapy. Fifteen years with the same crappy therapists probably would have screwed me up just as much as three days with Landmark, so he's not too far off the money on that one....

Posted by: MartinH ()
Date: September 09, 2007 08:15PM

I guess these guys are on the Landmark leadership program (ILP), a boot camp for learning how to get new grads, they need statistics and they have to be unreasonable !
But who is watching the videos anyway. I saw Byron Katie videos recently, they are really good, they show the actual work with people openly and freely (not like Landmark hiding everything) ... Landmark is a fishy and dangerous organization with inhuman values and practices.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 09, 2007 08:28PM

Fishbulb
Well, the other two videos posted in the second post on this thread were still up on YouTube. At least they're short, thank God.

"Make it a great day"????? Is that Landmarkianspeak by chance? A friend of mine says that. I wondered where that came from.

Regarding the "...fifteen years of therapy in three days" comment: I've had some pretty crappy therapy. Fifteen years with the same crappy therapists probably would have screwed me up just as much as three days with Landmark, so he's not too far off the money on that one....

Too many people go into therapy and don't know they can set goals with their therapists, fire their therapists/shrinks, that they're in control of they're treatment...and that therapy is "not" a passive thing, it's an active thing.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 11, 2007 06:53AM

ezdoesit
Because if they put "grief, separation and madness," on the banner, no one would sign up.
EZ

The sad thing is that it doesn't take long for these very qualities to be an integral part of their 'coaching'. I mean, the notions of [b:c36bfd0ff6]grief [/b:c36bfd0ff6]are brought to the fore by the forums expectation to share participant's grief. And if the French doco is anything to go by, Landmark fuels it's fires with this kind of humiliation/intimidation. And then Landmark, like many cults, begins to instill a sense of [b:c36bfd0ff6]separation[/b:c36bfd0ff6]. I don't care how much they mask it by asking participants to call family and friends, at the end of the day all it causes is a gulf between them and us. And, finally, the [b:c36bfd0ff6]madness[/b:c36bfd0ff6]. Call it being 'unreasonable', but there is an emphasis on doing and believing the most ridiculous things. Luckily, all this documented right here at this forum, countless times ... :wink:

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 11, 2007 12:28PM

And then Landmark, like many cults, begins to instill a sense of separation. I don't care how much they mask it by asking participants to call family and friends, at the end of the day all it causes is a gulf between them and us.

The expected calling of family and friends is by far one of landmarks most heinous acts of deception against its participants. They call family and friends thinking they're going to bridge a few gaps and erase a few issues, when in fact they are beginning a process of cutting ties with their very support systems through the embedded conditions of the phone calls.
Obviously the person(s) being called represent significant emotional value to the participants, what better place to start the separations and begin the estrangement of the participant. LIke everything else landmark does, those 'meaningful' phonecalls are disguised relationship destroyers. Its the beginning of the participant becoming detached, unaffected, and conditional toward the people they are supposedly making amends with.

nothing defines landmark better than the term [b:5d4c91bcf6][i:5d4c91bcf6]evil.[/i:5d4c91bcf6][/b:5d4c91bcf6]

Date: September 11, 2007 01:22PM

ON2 LF
... Its the beginning of the participant becoming detached, unaffected, and conditional toward the people they are supposedly making amends with.

That's exactly the point! The phone calls are conditional. I can accept that there are cases where these calls have positive benefits, but when done through the filter of Landmark, they come with a whole bunch of devious expectations. Not to mention the notion that the Lekkie making the call is granted some kind of holy high ground.

The other problem is that I never got a phone call from someone ( a recent Lekkie) who avoids me like the proverbial mouse in it's hole. And no amount of me calling this person does any good. :cry:

So, yes, absolutely, the phone call craze is dangerously flawed.

Date: September 11, 2007 01:41PM

The other problem is that I never got a phone call from someone ( a recent Lekkie) who avoids me like the proverbial mouse in it's hole. And no amount of me calling this person does any good.

count your blessings!

you must represent some type of dangerous warning label recognizable only to a lekkie.
I did get that loaded phonecall from my friend and not surprisingly, things have never been the same since. It was a call stating gratitude for me and some other crap that was already based on the condition that I sign up with the cult. It seemed odd to me at the time that my friend would do this because things like that were never left unspoken between us. It was unnecessary to call and tell me. Something about the call felt wierd and awkward to me then, but I had no idea yet what it was really all about. Following the call were invitations to an introduction night. I went long enough to scope out the performance and left. Needless to say, my friendship was quickly flushed down the landmarkian sewers.

Date: September 12, 2007 06:52AM

So predictable, isn't it?

Perhaps the reason Landmark doesn't have literature is because it would hardly fill a book. So much of their 'coaching' could be written as a pretty simple formula.

But I suppose being a drone implies predictability!

Date: September 12, 2007 07:24AM

Jack Oskar Larm
So predictable, isn't it?

Perhaps the reason Landmark doesn't have literature is because it would hardly fill a book. So much of their 'coaching' could be written as a pretty simple formula.

But I suppose being a drone implies predictability!

if they put out literature, outside of lekkieland that is, someone would have to own up to it. Deep down, they know they can't do that, it would require the thing they dread most, accountability. Yes, landmarkia is very predictable and not worth exploring. The boredom would be unbearable.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.