Current Page: 4 of 5
Sometimes Landmark grads are funny
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 14, 2007 11:23AM

Here is another one, good example of use of "loaded language", or Landmark Education jargon. See chapter on "loading the language", from Dr. Robert Lifton's book Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism.

TMLP
[youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: September 14, 2007 12:36PM

my opinion: when you're married to someone you supposedly love, you should not need a team of people to encourage you into making a special day out of your anniversary. Furthermore, what this guy keeps referring to as 'creating' is pretty much what happens as a day unfolds. How sad it is when you need a cult to give you permission to live a happy life with your spouse. Have these characters never heard of the concept 'spontaneity'? Really, all he needs to acknowledge is his role as a husband. What a perfect example of how landmark programming causes people to think they need it!

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 14, 2007 02:47PM

Sad, so sad. Sounds like he's just the shell of a man he used to be.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 14, 2007 08:11PM

ON2 LF
How sad it is when you need a cult to give you permission to live a happy life with your spouse. Have these characters never heard of the concept 'spontaneity'?

Yeah, they call it "being unreasonable." Didn't you read the secret code book on how to make a normal life complicated? :P

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: September 14, 2007 08:14PM

Jack Oskar Larm

What is worse is that he has probably let them have the shell too. Wait, lemme correct that: He probably [i:c83c35eeaf]paid them[/i:c83c35eeaf] to take the shell too.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: September 17, 2007 10:06AM

"Vic-Luc
He probably [i:13eeaae7f1]paid them[/i:13eeaae7f1] to take the shell too.

:cry:

Look on the bright side, when he wants it back it'll be lying in the back room, covered in dust with all the others, dressed in a SALE's sticker. That's if he's got any money left ...

Date: September 17, 2007 10:31AM

Jack Oskar Larm wrote:

What is worse is that he has probably let them have the shell too. Wait, lemme correct that: He probably paid them to take the shell too.

LOL!! :lol: funny and probably true!

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: September 18, 2007 09:26PM

I couldn't get these links to work on my computer so I looked up Landmark on Youtube.

It was disturbing to watch a Lekkie try to talk about how positive Landmark is. The couple of videos that I viewed were very short under three minuets and basically didn't say a darn thing. The guys would just talk in circles saying Landmark was great but would never give specifics. They would say that it improved their lives but never really how. Other than it just improved the persons life. Some would say that their relationships with their parent had improved, but yet again not specific.

I felt sorry for these people. They acted as if they had taken an electrical zap to their brains. Like they were zombies. I'll give them the fact that they are amateurs and probably don't know how to act infront of a camera. But wow! If I had seen those before I joined Landmark I would have never joined. Definately not good publicity for Landmark.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 19, 2007 12:28AM

Zorro
I couldn't get these links to work on my computer so I looked up Landmark on Youtube.

It was disturbing to watch a Lekkie try to talk about how positive Landmark is. The couple of videos that I viewed were very short under three minuets and basically didn't say a darn thing. The guys would just talk in circles saying Landmark was great but would never give specifics. They would say that it improved their lives but never really how. Other than it just improved the persons life. Some would say that their relationships with their parent had improved, but yet again not specific.

I felt sorry for these people. They acted as if they had taken an electrical zap to their brains. Like they were zombies. I'll give them the fact that they are amateurs and probably don't know how to act infront of a camera. But wow! If I had seen those before I joined Landmark I would have never joined. Definately not good publicity for Landmark.

You would think it is not good publicity for Landmark Education but it is possible that Landmark Staff are orchestrating and organizing all of these YouTube videos appearing on the internet all at once all of a sudden.

Kind of creepy actually.

Date: September 28, 2007 07:14PM

You would think it is not good publicity for Landmark Education but it is possible that Landmark Staff are orchestrating and organizing all of these YouTube videos appearing on the internet all at once all of a sudden.

I'd like to knnow who is orchestrating the spamming. Happens too much to be random, I doubt if there are that many spamming mentalities out there seeking cult education sites to unload on.

Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.