Current Page: 1 of 37
human awareness institute
Posted by: kico ()
Date: March 11, 2004 08:54AM

Has anyone any information on HAI, the Human Awareness Institute, please ?

It's growing in the UK, I just had another invitation to go to their events but I don't know its origins or background.

Thank you,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mxkitty ()
Date: May 19, 2005 06:38AM

The web site for this organization, the Human Awareness Institute is www.hai.org. It is based in Foster City, California.

I've seen ads for their free introductory workshops advertised in the Bohemian, a free weekly paper distributed in the North San Francisco Bay Area.

There are MANY cults in the San Francisco Bay area, so HAI could be connected to one or more of them, or it could be independent.

The fact that their next workshop is to take place in the town of Sonoma makes me suspicious. Sonoma is home to Scientology factions and a secret Gurdjieff/Ouspensky cult with no name that is headed/once headed by Anne Haas, which I am in the process of exposing.

Has anyone attended any of the HAI workshops?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 19, 2005 11:13PM

Best way to check out a group is

1) Read material like this on how to selet a growth group:

[perso.wanadoo.fr]

2) Supplement this by reading the material on this website about Large Group Awareness Trainings (LGATs)

3) After giving yourself some background, do Google searches of both Google itself and the Google listserve groups (click the 'Groups tab) and then run your search.

4) Talk with people who have done the group. If they refuse to tell you how the groups are set up, or are very enthusiastic, all fired up, but cant tell you anything in detail except that 'It will change your life and empower you'--be wary.

A good group is run by people with solid qualifications, (search them on Google), you are told up front how everything is scheduled, refund arrangements are clear-cut (check the group with Better Business Bureau) and you will get time for sufficient sleep.

Note: If Group A is headquartered or is offering its event in a locale where lots of other groups with documented track records are located does not by itself prove that Group A has the same kind of problems as the other groups in the area.

Someone I knew had the bad luck to live in an apartment building in which some upstairs neighbors started manufacturing crack cocaine to supplement their income. This this did not mean that every single resident in the building was cooking crack. It was just that one family in that one apartment.

Best thing is do your research as outlined above--just the way you'd do when preparing to purchase an expensive item like a house, a car, or a laptop.

Posted by: Cipher ()
Date: May 24, 2005 12:54AM

The following was copied from their newsletter posted on their website:

"What the “Miracle of Love” Workshop Offers
What if you really could have all the love you
want? What if you could communicate with
love and respect for others and yourself in
any situation? What if you could accept and love your
body, mind and spirit unconditionally? You can!
The “Miracle of Love” workshop is a powerful and
transformative experience of love and intimacy. It will
expand your understanding and enjoyment of sexuality.
Through a combination of playful and profound
exercises, you will experience new dimensions and
depth in your love of yourself and others. The sharing
in small and large groups fosters a new awareness of
our common humanity and of the rewards in revealing
your innermost thoughts and feelings. When you
experience a HAI workshop, you become part of a
magical, loving, available and supportive community.
The workshop atmosphere is safe and supportive.
You can risk and you can grow. And your choices are
honored.
Every weekend HAI workshop has approximately 24
hours of structured exercises under the guidance
and inspiration of a man and a woman facilitator. You
will have seven delicious meals and overnight accommodations.
Interns and assistants will be on hand
throughout the workshop to help make your experience
the best it can be.
We are open to adults of all sexual orientations
(although we structure workshops with a balance of
men and women, we make no assumptions about
your gender orientation).
This is a life-changing workshop. Call (650) 571-5524
to sign up or for information on pricing, dates, or
anything else pertaining to the workshop.
(Elsewhere in this issue is a workshop schedule and
comments from people who have participated in the
workshops.)
2005 HAI “Miracle of Love” Workshops
Northern California Midwest United Kingdom/Europe
January 28–30 March 18–20 February 25–27 (Germany)
March 11–13 June 24–26 March 4–6 (U.K.)
April 22–24 August 19–21 April 22–24 (U.K.)
June 3–5 June 3–5 (Germany)
July 15–17 East Coast July 29–31 (U.K.)
August 26–28 April 1–3 September 23–25 (U.K.)
September 30–October 2 August 12–14
November 4–6 October 28–30
December 2–4
The Human Awareness Institute (HAI) empowers individuals to be potent, loving, contributing
human beings. HAI promotes personal growth and social evolution by replacing ignorance
and fear with awareness and love.
HAI aims to create a world where people live together in dignity, respect, understanding,
trust, kindness, compassion, honesty and love. The Human Awareness Institute is committed
to Creating a World Where Everyone Wins."

Posted by: dbvanhorn ()
Date: March 01, 2006 01:59AM

The fact that their next workshop is to take place in the town of Sonoma makes me suspicious. Sonoma is home to Scientology factions and a secret Gurdjieff/Ouspensky cult with no name that is headed/once headed by Anne Haas, which I am in the process of exposing.

Rest assured, they have nothing to do with elron and company.
My wife and I have done level 1 and level 2.

I was a little nervous at first, they don't discuss specifics of what happens in the workshops, and that rang an alarm bell with me. However, having been there, I agree with their position. If you knew what was coming at you, you would chicken out, or make different "safer" choices, and you wouldn't get as much out of it.

I can tell you that there's nothing I've seen that's coercive in any way.
There's no books or tapes or other expensive junk to buy.
There's no pressure to keep going, other than what I'd expect from friends who would want to share a good thing.
I do get emails from them letting me know when new workshops are scheduled, but absolutely no pressure to sign up, or to bring others, beyond that which you'd expect as above.

I know it's made a big positive change in our lives, and we intend on keeping with the program.

One thing to be aware of, and this is true for any group, not everyone is completely honest. But that's not a fault of the group.

If you'd like to read what my experience at L1 was like, follow the link.
"Steve" and "Betty" are myself and my wife. When I wrote this, I wasn't sure I wanted to have that out there or not.
[www.libchrist.com]

Posted by: kath ()
Date: March 01, 2006 09:00AM

Cipher
The following was copied from their newsletter posted on their website:

"What the “Miracle of Love” Workshop Offers

Could this be the 'Miracle of Love' discussed here:-

[board.culteducation.com]
Or is the same name just a coincidence?
Love
Kath

Date: March 01, 2006 10:37PM

Definitely not.

This is something started by Stan Dale, back about 30 years ago.

Posted by: karenb ()
Date: March 03, 2006 04:00PM

Maybe not a cult, but generates a lot of small, cultish entities using its techniques. Hyper-sexualized. Lots and lots of Landmark overlap. Incredibly annoying. Makes people think it's ok to be naked at social events.

You tell me: does encouraging people to form group households based on prolonged female orgasm make the group itself a cult, or just make it highly, highly likely that cults will form around it?

Date: March 06, 2006 08:03AM

karenb
Maybe not a cult, but generates a lot of small, cultish entities using its techniques. Hyper-sexualized. Lots and lots of Landmark overlap. Incredibly annoying. Makes people think it's ok to be naked at social events.

Hyper-sexualized? Well, the workshops are titled "Love, Intimacy, and Sexuality". From what we've seen so far, seems more or less equally balanced.

Landmark, I have no idea. I have no experience with Landmark.

On the third point, This seems highly distorted to me. HAI teaches you to see nudity as just that. To decouple nudity from sex, and to see it as the dropping of pretense and barriers.

karenb
You tell me: does encouraging people to form group households based on prolonged female orgasm make the group itself a cult, or just make it highly, highly likely that cults will form around it?

I don't know where you get this idea.
I've seen none of this.

Posted by: karenb ()
Date: March 07, 2006 07:42AM

OK, but please put your pants back on.

Current Page: 1 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.