Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
rswinters private messaging
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: August 16, 2007 05:50AM

rswinters contacted me via off site e-mail & asked me to post this as a courtesy.

evidently, rs resigned as a member of the forum but it appears he has received a couple of messages via PM on the site which he is now unable to retrieve. He just wanted anyone who mailed him to know this.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 16, 2007 07:48AM

"question lady"
rswinters contacted me via off site e-mail & asked me to post this as a courtesy.

evidently, rs resigned as a member of the forum but it appears he has received a couple of messages via PM on the site which he is now unable to retrieve. He just wanted anyone who mailed him to know this.

Thanks

thanks, question lady, if you talk to him you can can let him know that I did send him a private reply, expressing my sorry if I had said anything to offend him, that certainly was not my intention to hurt his feeling. This was in response to him saying something about judgement, and I asked him if he was being sarcastic. It was merely a question, I was not trying to stir things up, or upset him. I also said that I had spent way too much time reading and responding in that forum and perhaps I had misunderstood him and was requesting clarification. I also indicated that I had appreciated his comments and I did not want him to resign from this forum.

I can understand that he was feeling emotionally overloaded, and I guess he has made a decision that is right for him, and of course, while I regret his absence here, I respect his decision.

Sincerely,
The Shadow.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: August 16, 2007 11:35AM

rswinters resigned? Dang. That's a shame. He/she/it will be missed.

John

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:24AM

Ditto

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:53AM

I feel some dissapointment at his decision, but I have been worried about him for awhile. Speaking as one obsessed man on a mission to another you understand.

To be honest, I wasn't surprised things went down that way with RS. My suggestion that he take a break from all things LGAT for a few months was not an idle one...

I knew he was headed for a burnout, as I have, and he was much more fanatical and prolific on the RR site than I have been. It was just a matter of time.

I wish him luck, health and internal peace.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 19, 2007 05:07AM

Rs, if you ever read this: You've done a lot of good here, I pray that you are able to continue your recovery. Please take care.
-Army

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2007 07:48AM

Dear RS:

We can't see each other's faces or hear inflections in voice tone.

When all we have is printed text, its easy for misunderstandings to come up.

Many community members, myself included, often take vacations and then return when we feel ready to do so.

Feel free to rest, recover, and there's a place at the kitchen table
for you, anytime.

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:14PM

Rswinters, I apologise for becoming annoyed and frustrated with you on this issue (The Genesis Process). If I'd known your religious views were as they are I would not have entered into any discussion on the subject.

I also retract my statement that you were practicing "gross" religious intolerance.

If you ever return I will ignore any religious posts you may make, as long as they are not off-topic and also on a discussion I am already involved in.

As I said before:

Rs, my original motive for posting on this topic was that I was concerned about you entering a group-based belief altering program when you are still vulnerable from an lgat.

I am still concerned about that and while I am happy you feel it is doing you good, please, from one ex-thought-reformed person to another, be very careful with this and keep your wits about you.

I am sorry you feel the need to leave this site.

I wish you well in your recovery and will very much miss your presence here.

Take care.

Rswinters wrote:

I have agreed to disagree with Ricks stance on Faith vs. Science as he stated one is based on facts while the other is based on belief. I strongly disagree and will not remain on a forum so biased as this.

Since this is an impasse that will not be resolved. I have informed Rick that I will remove myself from this forum. There will be no need to be banned by him.

I have gained much from this forum as I have been recovering from my LGAT experience.

I will refer people to this site for information on LGAT’s while informing them of the biased stance on faith issues.

It has been a pleasure knowing you all. Have a nice life and may God richly bless each and everyone of you.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 19, 2007 08:56PM

To whom it may concern:

This is not a place to discuss religious beliefs and theology.

That is stated in the rules.

No preaching, no proselytizing and no promotion of religious programs.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:11AM

I too hope that rswinters comes back to the Forum, but certainly have to respect his decision.

I want to encourage everyone who reads the message boards to help bring attention of all LGATs to the attention of people who can make a difference.

I feel like a lone voice in the wilderness as I have not yet recieved any reply or acknowledgement from the Attorney General's office.

I appeal to everyone who has been negatively affected by Landmark, Insight, Impact....or whatever name the LGAT program in your area goes by, to help me.

Please write to:

The Honourable Wally Oppal, Attorney General
Room 232 Parliament Buildings
P.O.Box 9044 Stn. Prov Govt.
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA V8W 9E2

and let him know your experience, because it is important that people who have the authority to do anything know that this is a "global" problem, and should be taken very seriously. (and that is not just one "crackpot" - me - or disgruntled customer who is complaining).

Please write to him, outline the problem, and the techniques the LGATs are usuing, then maybe be can stop them, or at least hold them accountable.

Thanks,
"shad"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.