Anyone with info about "The Garden Company"
Date: August 06, 2007 02:59AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and seeking some advice...

A woman I know is going through a difficult time and so a friend of her's is sending her (at the friend's expense) to a seminar run by The Garden Company [www.gardenco.com] out in Montana.

I've read through their website and it seems harmless enough, but some of the terminology worried me a bit. If anyone had information about this organization, I'd really, really appreciate it..

Any links to resources on groups of this type would be great too...

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 06, 2007 08:25PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

This paper covers the basics regarding mass marathon or large group awareness training.

Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: August 06, 2007 10:03PM

I did a brief look at the link. It sounds New Age, and just a soft sell Large Group Awareness Training program that gets you sucked in by soft selling it in a different package.

I see the same frame work of LGAT's at play here. Just a little softer in appearance is all.

Here is a link, and copied page on the website you gave us. It sounds alot like my experience in Klemmer & Associates in the philosophy angle.

You may want to read up on Large Group Awareness Training and step back with an overall viewpoint to see the philosophy, and dynamics used.

I see some of the same dynamics in this company after you get into the inner workings of going through it.

On this page I copied. You can read the hook in this companies approach to get you to go to some of their seminars, and to pay for more of their seminars and programs.

From what I have read. I would steer clear of this company.

Here is link, and copied section...

[www.gardenco.com]

The Roots of Integrity

The Roots of Integrity is an advanced experience designed to dig deep into who we really are. In the most confrontational and some say challenging Garden Company experience you will get a true reflection of self and the opportunity to accept yourself just the way you are. As we accept ourselves at a deeper and deeper level, life becomes less of a struggle, allowing us to simply enjoy the process of living each moment.

This experience is most powerful for those who have already worked with the philosophy on a deep level. Therefore, we recommend that you have attended 2 Mountain Experiences, a Freedom Experience and a One-Day. In addition, the Roots of Integrity is highly recommended for anyone entering the Samurai Program.

What does the Roots of Integrity entail?

The Roots of Integrity is a five day event held Seeley Lake, Montana. A small, intimate experience allowing everyone the opportunity to deeply explore the concepts covered.

Some of the concepts will include:

Integrity with time
Integrity with money
Materialism versus spiritualism
The power of living with a code
Myself as others see me
Truth with love
When is the Next Roots of Integrity Experience?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.