Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Lack of compassion in "Graduates"
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 12, 2007 01:57PM

I know what you mean Jack. But I'm glad at least I was able to find other people who understand this craziness.

And I know of several posts where people have [i:e04ebc96e6]not[/i:e04ebc96e6] gone to LGAT's because they found this site. So it's progress.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:04AM

Rswinters
From what I gathered by looking up most of the LGAT's that there seems to be more of them in California.

The current crop of "transformational," "self-improvement," or "personal-development" cults trace their roots back to Mind Dynamics (Alexander Everett from England), Silva Mind Control (Jose Silva from Texas), and scientology (L. Ron Hubbard from Nebraska). Werner Erhard started est in San Francisco and there have been hundreds of spin-off, mutant, and parallel groups. They are likened to weeds, vermin, or viruses for their ability to shift, adapt, and morph into newer forms or disguises. I think they've worn out the territory in California, to some extent anyway, and have had to carry their product overseas where fewer people have witnessed the silliness and the destruction. Landmarkers bragged at one point about New Zealand being the first ~transformed~ country.

Ellen

Posted by: maurice ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:45PM

elena
Landmarkers bragged at one point about New Zealand being the first ~transformed~ country.
Ellen

They still do! what's that supposed to mean? What happened in New Zealand?

Posted by: elena ()
Date: June 13, 2007 11:25PM

maurice
elena
Landmarkers bragged at one point about New Zealand being the first ~transformed~ country.
Ellen

They still do! what's that supposed to mean? What happened in New Zealand?

God -- I hate to imagine.

A beautiful country ruined by thousands and thousands of these silly cult members spreading this stupid stuff around. Makes me sick. Certain cults target certain populations; I believe Landmarkers' aggressiveness and predatory tactics took the polite and generous people of New Zealand by surprise.

Read "sonnie-dee's" posts. She tells about it.

Ellen

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:41AM

Relax. From where I'm sitting, the view of NZ is much the same: lush and pristine; populated by strong, independant folk (many consider the social and geographical climate of NZ similar to Scandinavia - so worry not). I'm sure it's just a cheap shot by Landmark when they realise their power is faltering.

If you need more convincing, have you seen the 'tribal' dance of the Maoris? A typical jelly-legged Lekkie wouldn't get even close! In fact, it would take all their volunteer resources just to clean up the 'coaches' smelly mess.

Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:36PM

Relax. From where I'm sitting, the view of NZ is much the same: lush and pristine; populated by strong, independant folk (many consider the social and geographical climate of NZ similar to Scandinavia - so worry not). I'm sure it's just a cheap shot by Landmark when they realise their power is faltering.

If you need more convincing, have you seen the 'tribal' dance of the Maoris? A typical jelly-legged Lekkie wouldn't get even close! In fact, it would take all their volunteer resources just to clean up the 'coaches' smelly mess.

Jack - Not all particpants are "jelly legged" and I think you will find that most kiwis both pakeha and maori do not go around performing the haka in their every day life. Landmark still quote that nz is the first transformed country simply because it is a small country and the number of people who have done the landmark forum or have heard about the landmark forum have reached (according to landmark) "critical mass".

I know that even when one of the centres in New Zealand was badly losing money they still would not close it simply because the location was considered essential to making nz the first "transformed" country.

Personally I don't believe nz is the first transformed country. Many of my collegues have never heard of landmark and the one person who had asked me if I had heard about it and what I thought about it... she got a bit more negative information then she expected.

I think NZ'ers are in some ways a bit more trusting and stepping into landmark more easily then some of the 'world wary' in other countries having said that though I know when I was did the landmark forum, many people didn't trust the american forum leaders but did trust david miles who was australian.

Now days most nz forums are run by either cathy elliot, jane wright, manal beurle and I am sure it is done delibritly because kiwis and aussies trust kiwis and aussies. Landmark know how to manipulate people to register and register their friends.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 14, 2007 11:04PM

I'm glad you got the humour of my last post, sonnie. Like you, I don't think an organisation like Landmark can make a claim to 'transforming a whole country'. The best we can do for them is offer a few hundred acres in the centre of Australia and they can form their own country. Then, and only then, will they achieve this feat. Like chickens in a cage...

Posted by: Blondegreeneyez ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:23AM

Question lady, I can relate to some of what you are saying..a friend of mine seemed very logical and gave great advice when she started coaching me.

Now that she is so into Larry's Releasing program, that's all she quotes to me..and when I mention that she has so many other "tools" to deal with life's problems, she was annoyed with me. It just seems that this "releasing" is her life. I have to send "approval" to everything. I guess it's a way of staying positive but I think it sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo. And she has tried on several ocassions to "sell" me on the tapes and the weekends....and I didn't want to get into the fact that I didn't have $400 for the weekend and at least $200 for the tapes.

She just keeps going on and on about how you just have to watch Larry in action...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is going on with these cliches. It is so aggravating. I definitely have empathy.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 18, 2007 02:44AM

Thanks for sharing blondgreeneyze. It's always good to hear from someone who can relate.

It sounds like your coach is on the "high". If you don't have the money for the program you will likely hear "Larry says everybody has an excuse" I didn't want to do the program period, and I still got that line.

I told my husband that "excuse" presupposes that I have decided that it is in my best interest to do something I'm not doing. Since I have decided that it is not in my best interest to do the program, there can be no need for an "excuse".

As for approval, I'm all for that when it makes sense. If it doesn't make sense it's just a thought teminating cliche. My husband said he told me to give myself some approval when I was sick because "Larry says" (I get [i:da964f4850]sooo[/i:da964f4850] tired of hearing Larry says, Larry says), Larry says that when people are sick they disapprove of their bodies for being sick. Well I don't. So Larry is wrong again when he presumes to know how it is for every person on the planet. It's a one size fits all approach that doesn't fit all.

I doubt that it is that way for everyone who now believes it because Larry said it. It may be that they never were disapproving of themselves when sick but they don't question the statement and check inside themselves to see if it is true for them.

What is it with the annoyance when one rejects the cliche? Maybe some of the people who have made it out of these mind control programs can help us understand what that's about and how to handle it.

Posted by: Blondegreeneyez ()
Date: June 18, 2007 09:02AM

Yes, I definitely get tired of hearing...Larry says this or Larry says that. I have to admit that I have done some of that when I get excited about a whole new set of ideas. But I believe that this too shall pass. I think that after the "high" wears off, your husband and my friend will be on to something else.

Perhaps he is just excited to have a friend who he can share some stuff with. Hopefully, this is just a phase.

If I were you I would get busy with your own activities and try to ignore some of the nonsense your husband is saying..try not to argue with him, just try not to react...and then walk away. If he doesn't get a rise out of you...it may just subside...Or, why don't you try something like...oh yes, I can understand....and then quote someone who you admire and say something like...oh yes, when ...........(fill in the blank)..says this or that I am in awe...their ideas are so powerful. Just keep repeating...as they say, give him a taste of his own medicine...lol!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.