Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Oprah's Leadership Academy - Parents express concern AGAIN
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:00AM

Mother Theresa was a whole different ballgame, though. She was as close to being a saint as we'll ever see in action. That was a woman who accomplished what she did not with money or social influence but with raw Faith and dogged persistence in the face of every obstacle that could've possibly come her way. She demonstrated FAITH and selflessness in action, Oprah is demonstrating MONEY and idealism in action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:21AM

Mother Theresa did it without fanfare and self-adoration, too.

Date: March 23, 2007 02:11AM

yes, their approaches are world's apart, but then so are their value systems. One made a vow of poverty, one vowed for wealth. The 'quilting' is bound to work out different...the poverty naturally assumes humility, the wealth demands grandiosity...

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: March 23, 2007 07:59AM

Just for balance, someone who has been to the area where Oprah's schools are told me the area is very unsafe. Security is very tight and the press is hanging outside the school like a bunch of vultures. It is in the realm of possibilities that the press is looking for news that isn't there, but with Oprah's history of LGATitis, nothing is certain.

Date: March 23, 2007 10:07AM

Just for balance, someone who has been to the area where Oprah's schools are told me the area is very unsafe. Security is very tight and the press is hanging outside the school like a bunch of vultures. It is in the realm of possibilities that the press is looking for news that isn't there, but with Oprah's history of LGATitis, nothing is certain.

maybe she [b:d47e0e6070][i:d47e0e6070]is [/i:d47e0e6070][/b:d47e0e6070]thinking like a mother. Hopefully, the would be visitors are being kept out because they have other intentions in mind than just visiting a student. I guess, to really know the in's and out's or the real story of the vultures and the locals, a person would have to have an in-road to the local going's on and know who's who and what's what as far as the people in the area that make it a bad place to be. Hopefully, the genuinely concerned family members are also recognized and given access to their students. It would be a shame to lump the neighborhood thugs with the concerned grandmothers and other family members, of the girls in the school.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.