Current Page: 2 of 4
The thread for express
Posted by: Guy ()
Date: January 09, 2004 05:13AM

gc4062
Guy,

The ones who realized what was really going on were the ones who dropped out of the program before it finished, and never returned. Those were the smart ones.

Sheesh GC....
I often wish I was that smart.:(
I feel bad for express.
We're attacking something she holds very dear to her, although I know she already has her nagging doubts about it. She sees the consistant behaviour patterns of the employees but has reconciled it as paradoxic to what she thinks as aims of the company. This common error is what keeps the blinders on.
You had those nagging doubts too GC. So does all on staff, although most are to terrified to admit them publicly.

People are led to believe that the aim of Landmark is to transform the planet into some wonderful place to live, where everyone gets off it with each other consistantly over time and where everyone fullest self-expression is realized.
If that were the case, those nagging doubts would not have the soil to grow in, because the expression of the company would follow the aims.
Acorns do not grow Apples.
Acorns grow Oaks.
But since the only transformation Landmark has any real interest in is transforming your money into their money and uses deception to acheive that goal, there will always be that behavioural paradox to be reconciled in the participants and staff's minds.
They've been tweaking with the "being" of staff for all the years and they keep thinking that they can get past their own paradox and grow an apple from an acorn.
Ain't gonna happen.
We were trained to enroll and register people into courses. That is the whole business in a nutshell. Now for those of you without any ethics and think that selling nothing for money is cool, go and learn from the masters at Landmark. The only hitch is that inside of what looks like nothing that you pay for are some pretty nasty mind virus's that will have you bring in more revenue for them.

So express, this is not about making you wrong or dominating you or avoiding any issue. It's not about you at all.
It's about Landmark, who they are and what they say they are. What they do and what they say they do.

BTW express, thank you for coming over to this thread so we could talk.

Guy

Options: ReplyQuote
The thread for express
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 09, 2004 12:08PM

Thx for the insight Guy.
Your insider knowledge can help educate a lot of people.

Landmark sort of reminds me of Tony Robbins business model. Except Robbins sells DREAMS to people. He can teach you to make your WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE, if you attend his courses, starting from 1 grand, to 30 grand, up to 50 grand a year, into the hundreds of thousands for Franchises, and then whatever you can pay after that.
Robbins doesn't pull a "existential Wizard of Oz" on you at the end though, and tell you its all a meaningless trick. With Robbins, most people just end up blaming themselves for being inadequate, think they are a born loser who tries and fails, and walk away quietly, or take more courses!

What happens to the Landmark dropouts, do you think?
Who do they blame?
Or are they just confused, and walk away and forget it?

COz

Guy

selling nothing for money

The only hitch is that inside of what looks like nothing that you pay for are some pretty nasty mind virus's

The thread for express
Date: January 11, 2004 01:51PM

Cosmo,
you're welcome.
I've watch Tony's gig from afar for years. I remember when he was doing those cheap fire-walking tricks.
He uses much of the same sets of human mechanical information available.
Part of what I attempt to educate people about is that not only are there predatory individuals, organizations, and institutions in our world predicated on preying on the rest of us but that the objective information is out there for us to understand and forearm ourselves against such manipulations.
Silence is all that is required for the continuance of the perpetrations.

Guy

Cosmophilospher
Thx for the insight Guy.
Your insider knowledge can help educate a lot of people.

Landmark sort of reminds me of Tony Robbins business model.
<snip>

COz

The thread for express
Posted by: JanSmith ()
Date: January 20, 2004 05:49PM

Wow! I'm so glad I came here. I was active with Landmark Education...as a program leader and participant for close to 4 years. I recently terminated my participation after having been subjected to some very negative, abusive experiences in "coaching" sessions with senior program leaders "committed" to me having a breakthrough in being "effective" at sharing the forum with people in my life and at the guest events. Unfortuantely, like many other people, instead of discovering the realities of how Landmark works by doing investigative research and pursuing further discussions with others, I experienced first-hand that the nasty, foul heritage and history of this organization is alive, real and will never cease. Like Guy, I experienced firsthand what it was like inside the rotten, ugly underbelly and of this organization where people are demeaned, invalidated, and dismissed for expressing a viewpoint that isn't consistent with the "distinctions." Where one day your golden because you registered 3 people in a room of 5 and the next day, you're ineffective pondscum because no one in the room registered. I'm definitely on the pathway to resolving all of the negative, invalidating and abusive experiences that I allowed myself to be subjected to. I look forward to moving on as an individual with a close circle of supportive friends and family...Thank god I gave them a choice to do the forum or not because who knows if I'd still have them in my life if I used the force and manipulation tactics that I saw so many other graduates employ.

The thread for express
Date: January 20, 2004 10:36PM

welcome to the board, golden pondscum.
;)
Glad to hear another pulled their head out from a dark place.
:eek:

The thread for express
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 21, 2004 03:40AM

For fun, read our collections of articles and discussion on 'memes'-aka 'viruses of the mind'. Some of the veterans have found this concept very helpful.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Very lively thread on concentration problems reported by members who are LGAT graduates.

A couple of articles on how language about consciousness and enlightenment can be easily perverted into thought stopping and mind-f**k. Mostly pertains to cults derived from Hinduism and Buddhism, but some LGATs use and distorts material from Zen so this material may ring a bell.

The thread for express
Date: January 21, 2004 09:15AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. gc4062--one correction to your post. I was never on staff, but I led introductions for over 3 years....

The thread for express
Date: January 22, 2004 01:06AM

GC,

Jan wasn't a low-paid minion of LEC, she was a no-paid minion.
;)

you remember...one of the on again off again ineffective pondscum that you managed in the ILP...

I remember someone telling me a spanish phrase....for the ineffective.....what was it now.....ojo con caca.
A piece of sh@t with eyes.

Nasty mindf**ks we did to people just to get recruits.
We could tie enrollments/registrations to anything in their lives to lever the process.

Did you do that too GC?
Come on now be honest.
:D

Jan,
GC and I know what went on in those conversations.
Nasty, nasty, nasty mindbenders.

Glad you got out.

Guy

The thread for express
Date: January 22, 2004 04:58AM

Fight club. Well...I've opened the can of worms so I might as well just say "bring it on"

The thread for express
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 22, 2004 11:44AM

dont let the rowdies wear you out.

Cant wait to see how you all look in your satin bathrobes and those nifty Everlast boxing shorts (grin)

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.