Current Page: 3 of 5
psychotherapy cult in southern california?
Posted by: kiwi ()
Date: March 07, 2007 12:34PM

She is definitely a quack. Sadly, though, she has probably even convinced herself she is "doing good" for others. Hers is a very sad history, just like Aysha's.

When I knew them, the people in this cult could not think or make decisions for themselves, they were so dependent on their "leader"; she had to know everything and she put down anyone who even tried to make sane, rational or moral decisions. Now she's gone they are probably floundering. Very sad.

What a shame they still haven't got it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: infoneeded2 ()
Date: March 07, 2007 11:45PM

My co-worker just explained the reference to the time machine from the movie "Napoleon Dynamite."

I am feeling old and out of touch.

I saw the SpectraVision or whatever it's called on her site. It is hard to understand how someone could pay good money to have their bodies analyzed by what appears to be an old adding machine.

Well, as P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Posted by: kiwi ()
Date: March 23, 2007 08:43AM

:idea:

I would like to see as many people as possible contribute to this topic so that these people will be exposed for preying on the vulnerabilities of others.

Posted by: flanneryfan ()
Date: March 26, 2007 06:43AM

Wow.

This is what you get when you get bored and Google your friends and neighbors to pass the time. I found this site a couple of weeks ago while doing just that, but didn’t want to post because these are, you know, my neighbors.

I’m not going to air any of their business publicly here. I’ll instead say to Nadine that I too had the same initial reaction of something being “weird.” And I wonder why Michael hasn’t answered any of your questions regarding all the name changes.

Anyway, anyone who wants to get in touch can do so by email.

Posted by: infoneeded2 ()
Date: March 27, 2007 04:26AM

Thank you for clearing up the issue of the names and who's related to who and how.

Mr. Love, you still haven't explained all the different names your wife called herself.

Posted by: Devil's Advocate ()
Date: April 01, 2007 11:05PM

I find it sad what Nadine Green has done to Aysha and Sienna's names. In her first posting, her friend "Kevin" is said to be heavily involved with these people. THen in her next post he is connected to them through a friend of a friend.

First Post
"A friend of mine with pretty obvious drug and alcohol issues and a history of suicide threats is very involved with these people and, while they seem nice enough, something about them and the whole situation just seems WEIRD."

Second Post
"His former roommate said that your family are friends of friends of his and that you and your stepson gave a friend of his Ms. Lea’s book and did drugs with them at a party last summer."

In general you story doesn't add up. I am friends with Michael Love and his family and I know that last summer they were dealing with the after effects of Hurricane Katrina. And while I know that after Katrina, Michael spent some time in California, his stepson stayed in the N.O. area and did some volunteer work.

Anyway it sounds like you know Michael, because you blatantly accuse him of using street drugs. Then, after setting him up as some sort of "bad person" you proceed to drag Aysha and Sienna's names through the ringer. It is a far stretch from one to the other.

Date: April 01, 2007 11:19PM

It is really something how "recovering addict" seems to be blaming Aysha for his own shortcomings. He lists his shortcomings in a manner which implies that since He has all of these shortcomings, Aysha was not a good teacher.

His list:
"She didn’t hold you accountable for what you did to yourself. She never tried to get you to see your part in creating your family’s troubles and reconcile with your parents, she never said you needed to quit using drugs because you were killing yourself and your future, she never said you had to stay in school because it’s harder to get a job or get into college with a GED than with a diploma, she never said you can’t have sex with every girl who’s willing because you are going to feel more and more worthless and miserable with each vulnerable human being you use for your own pleasure. She never helped you to move past your fears and social awkwardness to become a healthy adult. She never made you take responsibility for improving your own life, because she wanted you dependent on her forever. "

Can we all see the slip in reasoning? Simply because "recovering addict" has personal problems, it does not entail that Aysha was the horrible person this forum is making her out to be.

Date: April 01, 2007 11:54PM

infoneeded2
(Thank you Kiwi for Aysha Love's possible aliases and to the person who private messaged me, asking to remain anonymous, and gave me the correct spelling of Wendy Wootton's name and suggested the California Brith and Death index and Social Security death index.)

Sienna Lea's radio program gave the information of one of Aysha's daughter's names and also that Aysha's mother died when she was six weeks old.

Aysha Love's daughter's birth certificate gives the mother's maiden name as Wooten.

There was an Elizabeth Wendy Wooten born in Los Angeles on Oct. 19, 1943, the same birthdate is given for Aysha Love on the ss death index.

Elizabeth Wendy Wooten's birth certificate lists the mother's maiden name as Deins.

There is an Elizabeth Dorothy Wooten nee Deins who died in Los Angeles November 18, 1943.

Mr. Love, was your wife Aysha really Elizabeth Wendy Wooten? Why all the name changes? Wouldn't a legitimate psychologist want to build a professional reputation under one name? Was she defrauding people in the United States as well as New Zealand?

Doesn't Nadine's entire post here look like an ugly can of worms? If your beloved "Kevin" is home safe, why would you do such a thing as to set out to research Aysha's history in such a demeaning manner. Since you obviously know Michael, which you indicated in your first post, can't you just speak to him? What you are doing has no integrity in it.

Aysha was a good friend of mine during the last 3 years of her life. And I can tell you that if she changed her name in the past it was not out of some sort of camouflage, it was because she liked the way "Aysha" rolls off the tongue. Of the many things that Aysha was, she was always a poet. And the adopted name "love" I found to be quite appropriate for what she stood for.

Furthermore, at no time during my interactions with Aysha did she hide the fact that this wasn't her "christian name" (for lack of a better term). She, Micheal or any other member of her family would, and to this day still does acknowledge that she changed names for poetic reasons. This was not something she did out of a need to hide.

Nevertheless at this time I can confirm for you that Elizabeth Wendy Wooten was her name at birth. Nadine shall rest easy tonight.

I think Kiwi's intentions were merely to open the can of worms, which he did. I suspect that he may have some sort of personal gripe with Aysha. This given, I would question the uprightness of his words.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 02, 2007 01:14AM

Devil's Advocate:

Please focus on the subject matter of this thread, rather than attempting to personally attack others posting here.

Date: April 02, 2007 01:33AM

Aysha Love stood for peace. I marched for peace with her during the time when this iraq war started. And she was part of the peace movement throughout her life. She was one of the original flower children who left her family's riches and moved into Topenga Canyon to begin the peace movement.

I found that she always tried to convey lightness, truth and beauty in this world. She always held an open space for communication.

We had great conversations and good times in her French Quarter courtyard. And her presence was felt and appreciated throughout the French Quarter community. She loved Tennessee Williams and we had many literary conversations.

It is a real travesty that these people have pressed her name into darkness via the tone of this cult forum. We must acknowledge that the present day american culture thrives on paranoia. So words like "cult" will always have negative connotations.

The people who know Michael and Aysha and who have posted in this forum are lacking in integrity. Through loving and constructive conversations can the truth be found; Not through seedy gossip and ill intentioned forum posts.

Yes I was sceptical of Aysha's work when I first met her. But as I got to know her and heard stories about her past, I realized that she was just a different kind of person. The kind of person that televison-fed people would find "wierd." You see she didn't see the world in black and white, she saw the world in all the colors of the spectrum. She acknowleged that there was good and evil in the world, but she also acknowledged everything in between.

The people who are posting in this forum obviously want to press her name into darkness. As a person who knew her well, I can tell you that darkness is the exact opposite of how she lived her life.

Aysha never asked anything of me. She never asked me for money or religious devotion. I found her demeanor to be quite pleasant and smart. Because of the honesty about her own shortcomings, I didn't find her to be deceptive.

I hope that my postings in this ominous forum serve as a mirror to the ones who have tried to besmirch her. They should look at themselves and their intentions for engaging on so shoddy of an interaction.

I have heard the stories about New Zealand and even seen film footage of the happiness she was creating there for troubled kids. I seems to me that there were people there that were paranoid of what Aysha was about so they fabricated horrible things about her. The proof of this is in the fact that, here we are, 20 years later and there are still people doing the same thing. She has been gone for some time now and there are still people engaging in this.

To end this, I can tell you that Aysha's work will get published. Unfortunately it hasn't come out yet, but when it does, everybody who researches her work will get to see other things besides these rediculous forum posts. Only then should people discern for themselves what Aysha was about.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.