Landmark in business - how can you tell?
Posted by: bb01234 ()
Date: January 07, 2007 09:41PM

I've been reading through the many posts and looking at the websites for landmark etc. I'm amazed to see how 'respectable' their business arm looks, although you can do anything with a website in that respect.

The scary thing to me is that this covert infiltration means 'they' can be anywhere.

I'm in the UK and I wondered whether anyone has any estimates as to how many people in the UK have either gone through the personal Landmark progs or more specifically are involved in the for-business side of things.

This all reminds me of the Michael Crichton film, 'Coma', with Michael Douglas; I can see why people become paraniod!

Thanks all

Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: January 08, 2007 03:49AM

G'day bb,

How can you tell? Probably like trying to tell how many employees have the flu at any given time in any given organisation...

From my own observations, Landmark is not far from being a kind of virus that creeps into a community or organisation and tries to spread. It is a sad truth that company bosses initiate mass Forum drives only to spread the disease faster and further.

How many are affected? Who can tell? I doubt there are statistics. Perhaps a few invoices with Landmark's header to indicate their commitment (and the discount offered) ...

How can you tell? Individual by individual, I'm afraid. I think it becomes painfully obvious when you're dealing with Landmark. And funny thing is, if you suspect something, most employees are happy to admit their allegiance to Landmark. 'Goodbye and no thanks!'

Date: January 08, 2007 05:14AM

thanks for the reply, I would have guessed something like what you say. I only asked because I recollect reading on a page on this site that a figure of, say 125,000 was quoted for membership of scientology in the UK. Probably understated and out of date

125k out of our pop. of about 6.6 m sounds is 1.89% which sounds low, until you then realise that that's nearly 2 in 100 people and then shift the calcs to reflect that they will be actively targetting key workers and company owners etc and then it gets a point for concern.

In England we've got a history of trade associations, and from that we've ended up with the Masons and suchlike. I believe they have out of UK connnections also.

I think most people don't understand statistics and how a slight shift here and there can manifest massive change in the balance of power.

Oh well, wait and see

Regards

Brian

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: January 08, 2007 06:06AM

bb01234
thanks for the reply, I would have guessed something like what you say. I only asked because I recollect reading on a page on this site that a figure of, say 125,000 was quoted for membership of scientology in the UK. Probably understated and out of date

125k out of our pop. of about 6.6 m sounds is 1.89% which sounds low, until you then realise that that's nearly 2 in 100 people and then shift the calcs to reflect that they will be actively targetting key workers and company owners etc and then it gets a point for concern.

In England we've got a history of trade associations, and from that we've ended up with the Masons and suchlike. I believe they have out of UK connnections also.

I think most people don't understand statistics and how a slight shift here and there can manifest massive change in the balance of power.

Oh well, wait and see

Regards

Brian

The balance of power changes are already beginning, maybe not Britain, but Ireland...

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.politics.ie]

[dossing.blogspot.com]

"Kathleen O’Meara of Labour came fifth in the election in 2002 and is also a senator and sits on the agricultural panel. She was an RTE journalist. She is a triplet, and the identical twin of journalist, Aileen O'Meara. In 2005 she was involved in a controversy of using facilities of Dáil Éireann to hold meetings to promote Landmark Education. The Landmark Education is an organisation which the French Government has described as 'Cult like' and has been said by some people to brain wash people. Others dispute this. 2007 will be her third attempt at a seat. She got 5,537 votes last time."

Date: January 08, 2007 06:42AM

ajinajan thanks for the posts.

I think one problem endemic to all political groups (and religious groups) is that in the long-term they both need an influx of younger and active canvassing-evangelical members in order to survive.

Here we have the Labour & Conservative parties both with a semi fixed percentage of 'old guard' support and both trying to secure new believers from the 'middle ground'. All churches will operate similarly I believe.

Here's the point: if one group can get one or two key people from other groups to join, a kind of follow-me dominoe effect ensues.

So rather than consider how the political party will get more membership Landmark et al will generate bigger step changes in their membership by bringing key people into their flock.

Scientology have this down perfectly with LRH quoting this as an early stated objective: if one does the others will follow.

The 'average' person is easily swayed and is prone to following what famous or celebrity people do.

rgds

brian

Date: January 08, 2007 06:47AM

just another point to add ...

the issue of appproval by celebrity is so powerful that I think it goes way over most people's critical faculties and this is why all cults, make it known how many such people are endorsing them.

The clear double-bind here is that a celebrity, by definition is living in the limelight and as such will adhere to the 'any publicity is good publicity model', benefiting from being talked about in connection with the cult.

The 'shock' factor will keep them up there in the ratings also.

So they get column inches for free and the can condone what they do as 'a bit of harmless fun' perhaps or more; it's just that the rest of the population use these peope as arbiters of taste and then get suckered in

Rgds

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.