Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What is a Landmark Forum Leader?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: December 22, 2006 01:05AM

Basically a drone, a robot or a copy. A copy of Werner Erhard. They go through years of training to become images of the great W Erhard. Even now when WE is pretty much out of the picture all new forum leaders are "created" in the image of WE.

I was very impressed with my forum leader. The first time. When I saw him leading other forums I could see that it was a carefully scripted show that he put on. I don't think that they have any problems regurgitating the same thing over and over again. They simply deliver like an actor. EVERYTHING is the same. Every forum leader is the same as any other forum leader. They are strangely robotlike when you have seen them a couple of times. No forum leader is allowed to "put their own personality" into the show unless it is accepted by the other forum leaders, leaders who are all images of Werner Erhard.

I sometimes feel pity for my forum leader Angelo D'Amelio who has been doing this since 1973. I heard from a wife of one of the forum leaders that he wanted to get out. But he was harassed by 3-4 other forum leaders until he succumbed. He is still doing it and my guess is that he is pretty sick of it.

nettie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 22, 2006 01:37AM

nettie
Basically a drone, a robot or a copy. A copy of Werner Erhard. They go through years of training to become images of the great W Erhard. Even now when WE is pretty much out of the picture all new forum leaders are "created" in the image of WE.

I was very impressed with my forum leader. The first time. When I saw him leading other forums I could see that it was a carefully scripted show that he put on. I don't think that they have any problems regurgitating the same thing over and over again. They simply deliver like an actor. EVERYTHING is the same. Every forum leader is the same as any other forum leader. They are strangely robotlike when you have seen them a couple of times. No forum leader is allowed to "put their own personality" into the show unless it is accepted by the other forum leaders, leaders who are all images of Werner Erhard.

I sometimes feel pity for my forum leader Angelo D'Amelio who has been doing this since 1973. I heard from a wife of one of the forum leaders that he wanted to get out. But he was harassed by 3-4 other forum leaders until he succumbed. He is still doing it and my guess is that he is pretty sick of it.

nettie

A very good actor and hypnotist.

Specialties: booming voice, confrontational close-range stare.

Date: December 22, 2006 01:49AM

ajinajan
A very good actor and hypnotist.

Specialties: booming voice, confrontational close-range stare.

I could hear the forum leaders voice in my head for a long time afterwards. It was like having an inner voice telling me what was right and wrong. Scary. It took a while to get his voice out of my system

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 22, 2006 03:48AM

What are the stats? About 450 paid employees and about 8000 unpaid employees...and they manage to have about 200 recruits at a 'forum'...sounds like they have a very large selection pool from which to find 'leaders'.

Date: December 22, 2006 03:54AM

Jack Oskar Larm
What are the stats? About 450 paid employees and about 8000 unpaid employees...and they manage to have about 200 recruits at a 'forum'...sounds like they have a very large selection pool from which to find 'leaders'.

Yes, out of the 150 participants in a course I bet at least 25 see themselves as future forum leaders. But they don't know what it takes. To become a forum leader takes years of unpaid work and gruelling statistics to meet.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 22, 2006 04:02AM

So, it's like a military camp. Landmark have their obstacle course, governed by a rigid hierarchy of volunteers...it should be easy for them to get the leaders they want. It could be a cheesy reality TV show - Survivor Landmark.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: December 30, 2006 01:57AM

I thought this quote taken from the "Transformation Reformers" blogsite was a great example of how only a 'voice', and an authoritarian figure are needed to maintain control over the 'slaves'. It's Harry Rosenberg's response, if you can call it that, to the 'reformers' ideas about how to improve their cult to make it more 'livable',....I need to read this again just to interpret or translate what he is saying..I've never seen such hollow bullshit worded this ambiguously. Unless I'm mistaken, this reply to the reformers doesn't clarify anything at all but I'll guess that it did reinforce and reaffirm the control and authority over the 'sheep'...

Message from Landmark CEO Harry Rosenberg to Reformers Yahoo Group

Dear Customers of Landmark Education –

Your Yahoo Group was recently brought to our attention and we wanted to take the opportunity to be in communication with you. We are very interested in you concerns and criticisms, and beyond that we actually share some of your frustrations.

We can see through your writings that each proposed reform has come out of actual negative experiences. While we continually strive to deliver excellent customer service, we make mistakes and are not always in the listening of our customers. We are fully aligned with your commitment to elevate Landmark Education and are at work transforming many of the areas you pointed out.

While we may not necessarily approach each topic exactly as you would suggest, or to the degree you feel is needed, we are in action on many of your concerns. In closely reviewing your proposed reforms, we understand that you continue to experience pressure in the registration process. We also fully hear your assertion that Landmark Education has not been as open, as you feel we need to be regarding suggestions or criticism related to the company, our history, and our practices.

Given your commitment to communication and reform, we hope there is an opportunity for us to be in full communication. We want to make sure we are clear about your concerns. We also want to share with you the actions we are already taking and we want to get your response about those actions as well.

We have received a significant amount of customer input and feedback from surveys and other communications, and we are currently making many changes based on that input and research. While the following may not address all of the areas represented by your reform ideas, we would like to inform you of the following initiatives we are undertaking:

1. The Landmark Forum Ending between 9PM and 10PMOver the last year we completely reviewed each aspect of The Landmark Forum. We redesigned the course to both end the course earlier and to ensure that we are being responsible and rigorous regarding how much time we allot for registration conversations. In addition we are ensuring that those conversations occur inside of the context of what’s possible and not sales. While the idea of sharing will remain fundamental to The Landmark Forum, as we are committed that people have the opportunity to make a difference for another, we believe that the reduction of time and the clear context of enrollment for those conversations will positively impact the concerns.

2. New Introduction Format - All of our introductions world-wide have been redesigned into a new format that lives in a total commitment to our guests leaving informed, having gotten value from the introduction, and with a feeling of no pressure. To that end, the first half of the introductions focus exclusively on what is possible and creating the world of possibility for our guests. There is no focus on Landmark Education or any of our programs. When we come to the break, we tell people that they are welcome to stay and hear about the specific programs that we offer that are designed as an access to the worlds we created in the first half of the evening. We also tell people that, if they are not interested in hearing about Landmark’s programs, the evening is complete and we thank them for coming and participating in the introduction. The survey results of this new introduction show that we have been very successful in greatly reducing the conversation for pressure that existed much more significantly prior to the redesign. (Note: We have found out that in any situation where people are looking at their personal lives, some people feel a certain degree of pressure. In fact, we tested doing introductions where there were literally no opportunities for customers to register, simply informational and if someone wanted to register, they were invited to call the center at their convenience. To our surprise, there was still a certain level of pressure for people. However, the nature of transformation and looking at one’s life seems to have some people experience a certain amount of pressure. While this was useful to recognize, it doesn’t take us off the hook. We are committed that our customers are delighted by their experience.)

3. The Advanced Course reduced from 4 to 3 days - By the end of 2007 all of our Advanced Course Programs will be 3 days. This change was an answer to our customers needs for less time commitment in this program. We have also managed responsibly the amount of registration opportunities in this program.

4. Customer Service Standards – Around the world, the Center Staff have been working on eliminating the top complaints of our customers. In addition, we have taken on an expanded commitment to hearing and impacting complaints and concerns from our customers. We have developed a new set of customer service standards and training that are designed to raise the level of service in all areas of our centers. We have regular calls with the entire worldwide staff (literally hundreds of people in 20 countries) that are dedicated to and designed around taking care of our customers. In addition, we are in the process of instituting a new customer feedback system through our website, plus integrating regular and ongoing surveys throughout numerous courses in our centers so that is easy for our customers to communicate with us on a regular basis. All received recommendations and suggestions are reviewed and taken seriously and rigorously examined by the executive accountable for each area in the company.

There are numerous other suggestions and recommendations that are currently under consideration. We very committed to continually improving our programs and our relationship to our customers. We know there is certainly much room for improvement and we will continue to address those issues seriously.

You’re invited to send any additional questions or comments to us through linda.cohn@landmarkeducation.net. (Note: Please give us couple weeks to get back to you.)

Thank you for your commitment to the quality of Landmark Education and your stand for the programs Landmark Education makes available.

Sincerely,

Harry Rosenberg, CEO

posted by ML @ 8:51 AM 0 comments

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: December 30, 2006 03:17AM

See also Harry Rosenberg's next letter to the "reformers", effectively a Cease and Desist letter:

[groups.yahoo.com]

From: reformers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:reformers@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of landmark_education_llc
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:40 AM
To: reformers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [reformers] Request and Communication From Harry Rosenberg

May 18, 2006

Dear Founder and Yahoo Reformers Group -

I respectfully request that you cease using my letter (in whole or in
part) to endorse flyer distribution or activity on this site.

My letter was posted on this website to address those of you who were
in a specific conversation, and it was a direct response to your
comments. My intention was to respond to this specific group, to
share what Landmark Education is already doing to address the
concerns you have mentioned, and to share the very real commitment we
have to addressing those concerns. My message was not a general
response to be used for other purposes.

While you may chose to use a website to discuss your interest in
reform, I believe it is important for graduates, including those of
you on your website, to know that the single most effective way to
cause and support change at Landmark Education is to communicate with
us directly and to work in partnership with us. To voice your
concerns in a way that will make the greatest difference, I invite
you to send your comments to me. You can do so by addressing your
communication to me and emailing it to
linda.cohn@landmarkeducation.net

I know I mentioned this in general in my original communication, but
I want to let you know specifically that we have been regularly
surveying our customers. We do this through written and on-line
surveys, and to date we have gathered detailed input and suggestions
from over five thousand graduates. I say this to emphasize that we
are listening to our graduates and we are in action to elevate our
service and programs based on our customers' feedback.

I trust you will honor my request and cease any further use of my
letter as an endorsement.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Harry Rosenberg, CEO
Landmark Education

Boy they never get tired of sending out those Cease and Desist letters, do they? Even to a group of their own graduates! In these 2 above emails in the last 2 posts, Rosenberg is effectively saying, "Hey, your "reformers" program is great, but from now on, wouldn't it be just awesome if instead you could refer all your complaints through to my assistant instead?, Thanks!".

Date: December 30, 2006 03:47AM

I believe it was a forum leader who recently pointed out that a "real"
friend is not the friend who tells you everything is great when it's not. A
real friend is the one who calls you on your stuff and demands that you be
ever more extraordinary. A friend doesn't let up at hearing, "I've got a
plan, I'm working on it." Patience may be required, but the stand remains
firm until the friend comes around. We are friends and partners of Landmark.
It would be downright inauthentic for us to say nothing, or even to
communicate fully but then wait for months and years for resolution. It is a
matter of life.

What a hypocritical bunch! It is clear that 'friendship' is not involved in the extraordinary relationships created by landmark. Or is 'friendship' interpreted, in landmark doctrines, as something where only the authoritarian is permitted to confront a friend/sheep? Sick. This discrepancy is so 'in your face' obvious, how do these 'reformers' manage to just quietly and submissively comply? Or did they comply? I see the last post on the site is dated dec 9, while the cease and desist letter is dated in may 2006...

Date: December 30, 2006 04:07AM

I trust you will honor my request and cease any further use of my
letter as an endorsement.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Harry Rosenberg, CEO
Landmark Education

Interesting how the term 'request' is used for what is actually a veiled threat. The sad thing is that this letter probably sent chills of fear reverberating down the spines of every practicing landmark graduate reading it.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.