Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Swedish Landmark documentary
Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: November 04, 2006 08:57PM

An undercover journalist in Sweden produced a documentary on Landmark in much the same manner as was done in France. Here is the link. Unfortunately there are no English subtitles:

[thepiratebay.org]

In Sweden the government classified Landmark Education as a "new religious movement" in 1998. On June 6, 2004 all Landmark activities in Sweden were terminated. Like in France the causes were a diminishing interest in connection with very critical articles in the press and television items. The airing of two documentaries on national TV by broadcasting corporation TV4 on October 28, 2003 and March 15, 2004 called "Lycka till salu" (Happiness for sale) in the program series "Kalla Fakta" were contributing to the termination of Landmark there.

It seems in Europe they don't have the tolerance for cults that we do here in America. We could learn something from the Europeans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: November 06, 2006 04:46AM

G'day Excalibur,

I have access to Swedish speaking friends who could translate the documentary. I'm not promising anything (as it could entail quite a bit of work for these folk), but, in the name of education, it could be done.

At the very least, 'my friends' could watch it and determine whether it is a valuable addition to our 'education' program.

In the meantime, I'll try and get a copy and go from there. But as I've said before, thank the gods for this forum!

Jack.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 06, 2006 05:01AM

For the moment, it does not look like anyone is "seeding" a full copy of the Swedish Documentary on the torrents site. Once this happens, others will be able to get access to a complete copy of the Swedish video.

[thepiratebay.org]

French documentary
[thepiratebay.org]

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 07, 2006 01:08AM

it might also pay off to go to online communites where speakers of both Swedish and English congregate (example: forums for Swedish-Americans) and ask if anyone might like to do the translation.

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: November 07, 2006 02:21AM

Good work Jack Oskar Larm!

I guess Art Schrieber is really going to be busy now that he has two videos to contend with instead of one. We'll be seeing another batch of threatening letters sent out from Mr. Schrieber's good offices. lol

There's quite an irony to this whole matter. One of the concepts Landmark drums into the heads of their programmed flock is to "share the Landmark forum". Well, that's exactly what these undercover journalists and video hosting sites are doing - they're sharing the Landmark forum!! So why is good ole' Artie so bent out of shape? We all know why - "sharing the Landmark Forum" is all part of Landmark's thinly veiled free advertising/free recruiting strategy. Share it with your friends, share it with your family, bring them in to a "free information session" (wow, free), invite them to your Landmark "graduation" - which as we all know are vehicles Landmark uses to lure unsuspecting people in for a hard-sell job.

Landmark doesn't want you to share the forum unless it puts them in a good light. Because only then will it mean new recruits and profits for them. They don't want people to see the truth about Landmark; otherwise they wouldn't mind the French video being available on-line.

And what about being authentic - another one of Landmark's basic concepts. If one wanted to present the reality of the forum, how more authentic can one be by showing the actual forum proceedings?

It just goes to show what anyone familiar with Landmark knows: Landmark wants their "theories" to be applied to everyone except themselves. They are hypocrites through and through.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:44PM

I put an ad asking for a translator and got a response. (perhaps I will get others, later, but for now I have just one.)

could anyone upload a copy to savefile.com or similar?

then she (the possible translator) can download the documentary without having to use bittorrent. given that she will donate her time in order to translate the documentary it would seem unfair that she also have to go to a lot of effort to download it, as else.

thank you much.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 10, 2006 08:13AM

Hey there [b:3f3499abd3]Acid Reindeer[/b:3f3499abd3],

The Swedish video had been stuck at 89.1% availability for a while, but I've only just (minutes ago) managed to get the last bit of it downloaded.

I'll see what I can do to get a copy to savefile.com. Else, I'll PM you with access details.

Can't wait to get a translation of what's on the video. :D

John

Date: November 10, 2006 08:21AM

Hey there Acid Reindeer,

The Swedish video had been stuck at 89.1% availability for a while, but I've only just (minutes ago) managed to get the last bit of it downloaded.

I'll see what I can do to get a copy to savefile.com. Else, I'll PM you with access details.

Can't wait to get a translation of what's on the video.

John

Looks like after you get the full version of the torrent downloaded (finally), first you need to unzip the files, you then have to get a program called "IsoBuster", it's free shareware, and then drag the new unzipped files, 4 or so, to that program's window, and that will output for you the MPEG file, it's 470 megabytes or so.

It might be easier for someone to simply make that new MPEG file into ONE new torrent, so that other people don't have to go through that multi-step process...

However, might be a good idea to get translated/subtitles first somehow...

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: November 10, 2006 08:47AM

The contents actually extract to a VCD (Video CD). I can make a mpeg file available to you. I'll also extract an audio track version.

Once we have a translation done, I can actually arrange to have sub-titles added at a professional video favility. Once that is done I'll make the finished file available to one and all.

John

Date: November 10, 2006 08:55AM

The contents actually extract to a VCD (Video CD). I can make a mpeg file available to you. I'll also extract an audio track version.

Once we have a translation done, I can actually arrange to have sub-titles added at a professional video favility. Once that is done I'll make the finished file available to one and all.

John

[b:7aa936df7a]All hail the mighty power of the internet![/b:7aa936df7a]

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.