Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: March 01, 2006 03:06AM

Acid Reindeer
back to the original topic of discussion, I have had it said by one grad that (paraphrasing) "comparing est to Landmark is like comparing a Model T to a sports car" so you can ready yourself for the rejoinder.

also for the "LEC doesn't have anything to do with Werner Erhard".

I too, have heard something similar. When I first started researching LEC I asked my pastor if she had ever heard of it. She immediatley asked me if had had ever heard of est, which I had and suggested I research Werner Erhard. It took less than five minutes on the Internet to find out more than I wanted to know. When I approached my loved one with the information she said she had never heard of him. Now she had blindly been involved in the Forum for 4 years at the time. A day or two later she called back and said I shouldn't worry about all that because her "coach" had told her she didn't need to be concerned with it. She just dismissed it. Now she is/was an intelligent young woman with a lot on the ball. However, I don't think she is going to dismiss this book, wish I had done better research and found it sooner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 01, 2006 03:13AM

based on what older people have told me, by the end of the 1970's the evangelism of a lot of est graduates and supersaturaing the market (plus bad publicity) had turned off a lot of people.

when I bring up the topic of Landmark they won't know what I mean. when I say Landmark used to call itself est, then they roll their eyes knowingly, smirk and say, "oh [i:6aa1582fd2]that[/i:6aa1582fd2]..."

Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 01, 2006 03:56AM

Acid Reindeer
back to the original topic of discussion, I have had it said by one grad that (paraphrasing) "comparing est to Landmark is like comparing a Model T to a sports car" so you can ready yourself for the rejoinder.

also for the "LEC doesn't have anything to do with Werner Erhard".

LOL...

It must be tough to have to deny his existence or downplay it to the extent that they do, all the while maintaining a secret reverence for him and (supposedly) getting ready for his "return."

It must piss them off royally, in their top levels, that the scientologists don't have to hide their "founder" or pretend he doesn't count.

Ellen

Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: March 01, 2006 08:43AM

elena
(supposedly) getting read for his "return"
This is the big question for me. I know the license of the "technology" expires in 2009, unless somehow in the mean time Landmark bought the rights fully and no more license. Is there any infomation on that?
I know devotess like my friend who just wouldn't be able to contain themselves if Werner showed up in the open, giving more seminars, etc. He'll also be 74 years old in 2009 so you'd imagine he may be itching to make a splash sooner than later.

Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: blarney36363636 ()
Date: June 18, 2006 09:19AM

I think according to Pressman, Outrageous Betrayal, Landmark Education pays Erhard a $15 million licensing fee over a set period of time.

Anyone have more specifics on this and the flow of monies to Erhard currently? Or estimates?

Outrageous Betrayal
Posted by: concernedfriend ()
Date: June 20, 2006 01:59PM

Here's a link to the book at amazon.com:
[www.amazon.com]

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.