Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Becoming a Leader?
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:54AM

Could someone explain about becoming a "Leader" and I mean a paid one. Is it true that a whole lot of people are sucked in by promises of becoming one of the chosen who is actually paid?

Options: ReplyQuote
Becoming a Leader?
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 11, 2006 02:49PM

Very Few people become paid leaders. They have to do ALOT of work unpaid to get there.

There are approximately 400 staff worldwide who are paid about 100 of these are paid forum, advanced course or communication course leaders.

the other 300 are office staff who get paid minimum or next to minimum for the work they do.

To become a leader you first have to sucessfully complete Introduction Leaders programme (ILP). (this is where they have to get so many people registered, and other criteria) ILP is a six month programme where if you complete successfully you become an introduction leader.

Once you are an introduction leader you have to lead successfully to 200 people with an 20% average registering into the landmark forum. F

from there you join either the self expression and leadership (SELP)leader body or the seminar leader body. You will train as a seminar leader or SELP leader. This usually takes a year minimum during which you have to register so many people into the forum or another course if they have done the landmark forum. If you are successful you become a leader (unpaid) there are three levels of leadership each one usually takes 1 to 2 years to work through after which assuming you have been sucessful for this whole time you will become a centre manager

A centre manager has to be sucessful for 2 years which means huges increases in registrations and registration fulfillment (those who register actually doing the course)

There are unbelievable measures all the way through. there is alot of pressure and stress to meet the standards which are almost impossible.

Many staff members are unsuccessfull simply because the job is designed for more then 2 or 3 people not one. which leads to volunteers. The only way a person can be semi-sucessful is if they have a huge volunteer base for their responsibilities. For example while on staff I was responsible for registration and registration fulfillment for the commication programmes. I needed 4 people each night to assist me to be able to do my job. I also had other responsibilities that needed other volunteers.

Centre managers have to make sure their staff are sucesfull to be sucessfull.

IF (and very few make it this far) they are deemed sucessfull they can apply to join the forum leader body (this is where they finally get paid for leading) the other forum leaders will decide if the person has what it takes and if so the person starts a three year training programme to become a forum leader

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 11, 2006 11:12PM

Thanks Sonnie! What exactly is a center manager? Someone very dear to me is deeply involved and has let go of just about everything in their life to pursue this. I still have a little influence because I have tried not to alienate so that I won't be cut out. I am trying to get enough information to be able to show that there is some REAL "leading" going on, as in being led on. Are there actually 100 paid leaders? The Landmark website only shows 50 0r so and there are only pictures, no resumes.

Becoming a Leader?
Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:55AM

I have had a similar experience.

How have you seen this person change? What have they given up?

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 13, 2006 02:10AM

Most friends outside the group. virtually all interests that dont involve landmark in some way. every facet of life revolves around landmark. has one or two friends that some, though limited contact is maintained with, although they have been threatened with "cutting out of my circle", whatever that means. There is not alot of family and they don't live in the same city. I think there is still good contact with the family although the family does not approve and is very worried about the situation. this has been going on for probably 7 years since first seminar. the person did back off a little a few years ago and then got sucked back in with promises of being made one of the paid leaders. I say paid because I now know there are different levels of leaders with only the highest and smallest number being paid. This person believes they are "helping people". This person has a lot of other talents and actually there probably has been a little good from the program that if used appropriatly would be beneficial.

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 13, 2006 10:55AM

Are there actually 100 paid leaders? The Landmark website only shows 50 0r so and there are only pictures, no resumes.

The website only shows the landmark forum leaders, there are also many communication course leaders (who are paid), wisdom course leaders (who are paid) which are not shown on the website.

The only show pictures simply because their resume is not going to show their learning because alot of it is inhouse and unrecognised by anyone

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 15, 2006 05:33AM

Is it true a lot of these "leaders" have had very successful careers outside of Landmark or has there whole life been limited to Landmark? If so, how can they preach success to other people when their only success has been enrolling people in this cult?!!!!!!!!

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 15, 2006 02:54PM

Most if not all the leaders and the paid staff have been sucessful in their professions before going to landmark. I was sucessful in my profession reaching a high position at a young age. At 25 I was earning $60k and took a massive pay cut of $35k to "change the world" by working for landmark.

Sucessful people work well with landmark because they have an inbuilt streak of not wanting to fail so they stick with it when they are not doing well working harder to find sucess

Becoming a Leader?
Date: January 18, 2006 12:47AM

Does anyone else have someone close sucked into promises of becoming one of the chosen paid leaders? If so what were their experiences? If they saw the light, what made them see it?

Becoming a Leader?
Date: February 06, 2006 11:30PM

I am really interested in anyone who got sucked deeper into LE with promises of becoming one of the 50 or so Forum Leaders. Does anyone know anything about "levels" leading up to "designated leader" which I understand is still not paid. What exactly is a designated leader. Are there levels, starting with "apprentice" which lead to "designated" which I understand is the step before you start making real money? Is there anyone who has been through the leadership training steps? If so, PLEASE tell your story. People being sucked in are not BAD or EVIL people. They really believe they are doing something good for mankind (I know sounds crazy, but true) while they themselves are being damaged.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.