Landmark: the Possibility of a Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 13, 2006 02:48PM

This attorney from Seattle, Washington wrote on a different board that he was representing a client who had a psychotic episode:
[www.factnet.org]

Posted on Monday, November 04, 2002 - 4:32 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an attorney in Seattle, Washington. I have a client who attended the Landmark Forum 3 day seminar last November. The day after she attended the seminar, she had a psychotic episode, was in 2 car accidents, walked away from the second with her car running and went to the Landmark office where she was screaming and incoherent. The police came and took her to Harborview Medical Center where she was committed for weeks of mental health counseling. She had no history of mental illness.

I am starting a lawsuit against Landmark for damages suffered by my client. I am considering a class action lawsuit for those who have had similar experiences. I am looking for such people. I hope to obtain statements about their experiences with the Landmark Forum. If anyone in this discussion group is interested in submitting their statement, please contact me at: wallstrom@mswjse.com. The statements should be in your own words, starting out with your name and the city or town and country you live in and end with the following:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington and [your home city, state and country] that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Dated _______________, 2002 and signed at [the city, state and country where you sign it]."

It should be mailed to me at:

Paul Wallstrom
Mosler Schermer Wallstrom Jacobs Sieler & Evezich
One Union Square, Suite 2701
600 University Street
Seattle, Washington 98101-1176
United States of America

You are welcome to contact me at:
(206) 624-7600 Phone
(206) 624-8241 Fax
wallstrom@mswjse.com

Thank you for your help. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Granted the post was from 2002, but I wonder what has proceeded with this, and how likely/succesful it or something similar attempted today could be? Perhaps after all this press?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 15, 2006 08:43PM

It seems Landmark decided to settle that claim.

Apparently the woman was paid a substantial settlement.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 15, 2006 09:07PM

That is extremely interesting.
Its becoming clear that Landmark would rather just do pay-outs, than to have to give a full accounting in front of the court.
Perhaps that is their Achilles heel, they have so many skeletons in their closets, that they have to stay out of the courtroom, and avoid being fully examined by high-level lawyers.

One of these days one of those lawsuits will go all the way, and all of the Landmarkian skeletons will be shown the light of day.

That's probably why Landmark is "negotiating" with the EFF, to try to hush everything up.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 15, 2006 10:46PM

In my opinion this is why they dismissed their own lawsuit against the Ross Institute.

They had lost any hope of sealing discovery and so everything disclosed through the discovery process in the litigation would become public record.

They did not give up simply because of one ruling affecting only a small portion of the lawsuit concerning the message board and vicarious liability.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 16, 2006 03:14AM

That is extremely interesting.
Its becoming clear that Landmark would rather just do pay-outs, than to have to give a full accounting in front of the court.
Perhaps that is their Achilles heel, they have so many skeletons in their closets, that they have to stay out of the courtroom, and avoid being fully examined by high-level lawyers.

One of these days one of those lawsuits will go all the way, and all of the Landmarkian skeletons will be shown the light of day.

That's probably why Landmark is "negotiating" with the EFF, to try to hush everything up.

I wonder if there is some way to jump-start a new Class Action Lawsuit, and inform all of the various parties that the intention would be to "go all the way" and get as much "legal discovery" as possible throughout the case, and NOT to settle?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.