Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Werner Erhard 60 Minutes at General Files
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 16, 2012 11:56AM

Anyone ever heard of something called www.general-files.com ?

Because they've got the Werner Erhard episode of "60 Minutes" by CBS News file available for play right off of their website streaming.

[www.general-files.com]

What do people think about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Werner Erhard 60 Minutes at General Files
Date: November 16, 2012 12:16PM

ajinajan

Because they've got the Werner Erhard episode of "60 Minutes" by CBS News file available for play right off of their website streaming.

[www.general-files.com]

There's also some relevant background info in this thread:
[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: November 16, 2012 02:46PM

ajinajan
ajinajan

[www.general-files.com]

More info on the file at General Files:

------------------------

[www.general-files.com]

Size: 76,68 Mb

Added date: 13 May 2012

Checked at: 10 Nov 2012

Link(s) source: [wikileaks.org]

Source title: Suppressed CBS News 60 Minutes on Landmark cult leader Werner Erhard, 3 Mar 1991 - WikiLeaks

File tags: news 60min werner erhard

File also searched as: cbs news 60mins werner erhard

----------------------

Most interesting info.

Posted by: branwerks ()
Date: November 17, 2012 01:55AM

Thanks for posting this link. Of course I heard about this interview a few years back when I started reading through the forums on this site. Erhard's assistant did the convincing for me. While I haven't perfected my anti-cult awareness I do have my own hard-learned experiences to draw from. I'm going with "soft target" regarding erhard's assistant. I've been there & done that far more times than I'd like to admit, it's a really tough spot to be in. Thanks again.

Date: November 17, 2012 02:49AM

ajinajan
ajinajan
ajinajan

[www.general-files.com]

More info on the file at General Files:

------------------------

[www.general-files.com]

Size: 76,68 Mb

Added date: 13 May 2012

Checked at: 10 Nov 2012

Link(s) source: [wikileaks.org]

Source title: Suppressed CBS News 60 Minutes on Landmark cult leader Werner Erhard, 3 Mar 1991 - WikiLeaks

File tags: news 60min werner erhard

File also searched as: cbs news 60mins werner erhard

----------------------

Most interesting info.

Interesting development:

It appears that attempts to stop people from being able to watch the Werner Erhard 60 Minutes episode has caused what's known as a "chilling effect", the website www.chillingeffects.org is named after this anti-free-speech phenomenon, here's the info at the website of Chilling Effects:

CBS Program DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Google
[www.chillingeffects.org]
December 18, 2009
CBS Program DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Google (NoticeID 33009)
Sender Information: CBS News Inc.
Recipient Information: Google, Inc.
Re: Notice of Copyright Infringement for Web Search: CBS News Inc. - "60 Minutes"
They say it's about, "a March 3, 1991 episode of "60 Minutes" (Program # 2325)."

So apparently they're going so far as to not only try to make it harder for people to watch the video, but even to find out about it via Google searches, as well.

Here's some unrelated stuff on YouTube by CBS program 60 Minutes
[www.youtube.com]
Literally thousands of results of 60 Minutes programs that CBS doesn't seem to care about being online having been uploaded by others.

Date: November 17, 2012 05:27AM

Figured it wasn't going to last long online, they find it & shut it down quickly, they always do. I think there was a download link but I watched it on the general files site page. Was going to save it but once was enough for me.

Date: November 19, 2012 10:11AM

branwerks
Figured it wasn't going to last long online, they find it & shut it down quickly, they always do. I think there was a download link but I watched it on the general files site page. Was going to save it but once was enough for me.

Branwerks,

Just curious, where else online have you seen the Werner Erhard episode of 60 Minutes where you've seen it shut down before? It's good to document here the pattern of the Chilling Effects on free speech these actions have had which are similar to the prior pattern documented at the Landmark Education litigation archive [culteducation.com]

Date: November 19, 2012 10:13AM

branwerks
Thanks for posting this link. Of course I heard about this interview a few years back when I started reading through the forums on this site. Erhard's assistant did the convincing for me. While I haven't perfected my anti-cult awareness I do have my own hard-learned experiences to draw from. I'm going with "soft target" regarding erhard's assistant. I've been there & done that far more times than I'd like to admit, it's a really tough spot to be in. Thanks again.

Branwerks,

Which assistant were you talking about? Dawn Damas ? Or was it the physician Dr. Robert Larzelere ? Or the associate Wendy Drucker ?

Date: November 20, 2012 05:52AM

Quite simply, anytime I've followed a link from this site or done a search on my own for the 60 minutes piece, and actually came up with something, when I get to the link, it's been shut down, inactive, removed, etc. I was referring to Dr. Larzelere. He seemed the most honest, unrehearsed, and most importantly, with the least amount of eye movement. The women seemed rehearsed, to have gotten their stories straight. It's widely known, although I'm a bit rusty with this issue, that one of Erhard's daughters recanted her position within weeks of her interview for 60 minutes.

Date: November 20, 2012 06:18AM

branwerks
Quite simply, anytime I've followed a link from this site or done a search on my own for the 60 minutes piece, and actually came up with something, when I get to the link, it's been shut down, inactive, removed, etc. I was referring to Dr. Larzelere. He seemed the most honest, unrehearsed, and most importantly, with the least amount of eye movement. The women seemed rehearsed, to have gotten their stories straight. It's widely known, although I'm a bit rusty with this issue, that one of Erhard's daughters recanted her position within weeks of her interview for 60 minutes.

Branwerks,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only daughter that publicly "recanted" anything was only Celeste Erhard, she sued one of the journalists whose research was used for the 60 Minutes piece, but her lawsuit was dismissed by a judge in a court of law. To my knowledge, no one else who appeared on the 60 Minutes episode ever "recanted" anything, but please correct that in a reply post if you found out any other research about that.

I agree that the medical doctor named Dr. Robert Larzelere did come across as extremely credible on the 60 Minutes episode, again, I don't recall seeing anywhere that he ever "recanted" anything he said on that program, though anything's possible.

It does seem that there's been a bit of censorship of the episode online for as yet unknown reasons and motivations.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.