Rick Ross on Penn & Teller's show on Life Coaches
Posted by: YellowBeard ()
Date: May 17, 2005 08:23PM

I just saw Rick Ross on Penn & Teller's series Bullsh*t discussing the potential problems with "life coaches". It was a very interesting episode, and it was a pretty cool surprise to see Rick Ross appear.

For those of you that subscribe to the cable station [i:dcb9f0c9f1]Showtime[/i:dcb9f0c9f1], you should be able to catch a replay of the episode. Also, I highly recommend catching the show in general. It's excellent for stimulating critical thinking and done in a humorous, down to earth way. The seasons of the show are available for rent from some movie rental stores as well.

Penn & Teller are professional magicians who use their knowledge in the art of deception for exposing people who use deception to take advantage of others. The magician James Randi has done this as well along with Houdini before him.

I can't recommend the show enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caligari ()
Date: May 17, 2005 11:36PM

YellowBeard
I just saw Rick Ross on Penn & Teller's series Bullsh*t discussing the potential problems with "life coaches". It was a very interesting episode, and it was a pretty cool surprise to see Rick Ross appear.

For those of you that subscribe to the cable station [i:573caae818]Showtime[/i:573caae818], you should be able to catch a replay of the episode. Also, I highly recommend catching the show in general. It's excellent for stimulating critical thinking and done in a humorous, down to earth way. The seasons of the show are available for rent from some movie rental stores as well.

Penn & Teller are professional magicians who use their knowledge in the art of deception for exposing people who use deception to take advantage of others. The magician James Randi has done this as well along with Houdini before him.

I can't recommend the show enough.

There's also a sample clip on the site, [www.sho.com] , click on the "Vibrant Living" link. It would be more funny but for the sadness of the clients in confused pain.

-- Caligari

Date: June 21, 2005 09:10AM

There's NO way P & T's Bullshit! show will last. Because

1) Reality doesn't sell, emotion does

2) The kind of people who NEED the show, wouldn't watch it. It's a problem
of self-selection

3) Although laughing at the misfortunes of others is a fucking riot, it soon
becomes boring.

4) You must, Must, MUST play to the lowest common denominator. This is
why Bob Tilton/BinHin/Falwell/Robertson will continue to thrive. P & T
refuses to treat its audience as idiots.

5) at some point, some Showtime exec will get pissed off, after P&T
causes him to realise he is an idiot, and gets the show cancelled.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 21, 2005 07:49PM

AspiringCultLeader:

Penn & Teller are doing quite well and the show has won awards.

Apparently the ratings are good too and they are in their second season.

Date: June 23, 2005 12:16AM

Yeah,

Its a great show. They're very creative guys.

Posted by: Toyer ()
Date: July 08, 2005 04:47PM

This concept of "Life Coach" absolutely blows my mind that people would buy into it. I don't even know where to start. It's a title that requires no qualifications, no certification, no formal education...nothing. It's tanamount to a clerk behind the counter at a vitimin store claiming certification in prescribing you "medication", equally to that from a physician.

I ran across this guy at a party recently who was a so called Life Coach. What was his background? What coaching did he do? His background was attending things like the Landmark Forum. His coaching? Where do I begin...

I sure hope Rick got a lot of exposure on P&T.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.