Looking for a definiton
Posted by: foodguypdx ()
Date: July 06, 2005 01:19AM

I have seen a lot of people using the term "love dumping". Could someone out there give me a clear definition of this term. I have my own definition, but would like some other points of view on the term.

Thanks to all,

PDXFOODGUY

Options: ReplyQuote
Looking for a definiton
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 06, 2005 01:50AM

"Love bombing" means seemingly unconditional "love," which is actually quite conditional and used as a device to suck in new recruits.

Looking for a definiton
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 06, 2005 10:32AM

foodguypdx
I have seen a lot of people using the term "love dumping". Could someone out there give me a clear definition of this term. I have my own definition, but would like some other points of view on the term.

Thanks to all,

PDXFOODGUY

(Assuming you mean "love-bombing")

Normally, people are rather reserved and don't shower affection on strangers. Someone who feels unloved, neglected, unappreciated, unlovable, undesirable, rejected, or any permutation of such can often be easily seduced by this apparently freely-given affection and interest. It's as phoney as the rest of these "programs" and cults. Might be comparable to the first "free" hit given out by a drug pusher. The ones who respond or come back for more are the ones he knows he can "hook." In addition, most cult leaders know using women as "bait" works phenomenally well. (The Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh sent young girls to solicite using the promise of "free love" to homeless derilicts in big cities to get them to move to his compound in Oregon when he needed more voters.)

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.