Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scientology and Tony Robbins
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: July 13, 2005 11:41PM

(This is from someone who is one of Robbins's followers, and is also on the "Free Employee Crew" for Robbins. He sees the truth, but cannot perceive it.)

[www2.anthonyrobbins.com]

" So what's the difference?

I read all your replies and I'm now wondering what's the difference between Tony and scientology?

Someone said that scientology helps you to be in control of your emotions. Isn't this what Tony TEACHES.

Another poster said that Scientology makes you spend lots of money in it. We spend thousands attending UPW and then Mastery University. Not to mention books and tapes.

Tony doesn't believe in antidepressants, just like Tom Cruise.

And the list goes on and on......

Before you begin lashing out at me, you must understand that I'm a big time Tony fan and long time crew member.

I'm only asking this question because there's too many similarities between them.
I think the reason Scientology gets a bad rap is because they call themselves a religion. I often get a reaction from other people when I tell them about Tony. They tell me you're crazy that sounds like a cult.

Anyway, Tony has made a big difference in y life and who cares what others have to say....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elena ()
Date: July 14, 2005 03:37AM

Cosmophilospher
(This is from someone who is one of Robbins's followers, and is also on the "Free Employee Crew" for Robbins. He sees the truth, but cannot perceive it.)

[www2.anthonyrobbins.com]

" So what's the difference?

I read all your replies and I'm now wondering what's the difference between Tony and scientology?

Someone said that scientology helps you to be in control of your emotions. Isn't this what Tony TEACHES.

LOLOL.....So much ~control.~ "Control" of your emotions, "control" of you life, "control" your destiny, "control" your thoughts, "control" your mind, "control" over other people. Doesn't it just make your head spin??? All these earnest, pathetic seekers in so much need of "control." What on
earth is wrong with this picture? Ha! Must belie that underwhelming sense of having so absolutely f*cking little real control over anything much of any great importance or anything much more than one's own petty concerns and insignificant life. It's just so much more of the same selling "hope" to the hopeless and "power" to the powerless. ~Control~ - yes, or "Kontrol," maybe. As in Mind Kontrol. Ahhh, the secret's in the sauce. Reminds me of the word "Confidence" written in large letters on the chalkboard at the front of the room of the "Introductory" Landmark meeting/indoctrination attempt. They gave it away, to those of us with a nose for fraud, by omitting the word "Game." Just a little inside joke, you might imagine, on those "true believers" who were about to embark on a journey of taking themselves waaaaay too seriously.

Ellen

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: July 14, 2005 10:13AM

I am new here and hello to everybody! I am from New Zealand.
First I wont to expres my sympathy to Cosmo for his work here. Thank you Cosmo from men who lost wife and family in TR cult. TR is so dangerous brainwasher and mind controler vithour limit to ripof people. My wife, after accepting TR junk tapes and seminars completly changes personality and was rapidly developing bipolar disorder. After 2 years she is on high level of mental problems and sikness. She became on ralisation that TR is reinkarnation of God personaly? Very sad situation for higly educated and sometime bright and inteligent person. I will like to see that man stoped to doing dammage to inocent and naive people. (Sorry about my english is my 2 language)

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: July 14, 2005 11:55AM

Here is a post about the Robbins high-pressure sales, and the LIES they tell, and what they do to people. These Robbins Supersales guys are literally MONSTERS without a conscience. Its truly scary to see them at work as they scam people all day long.
----------------------
www2.anthonyrobbins.com/community_dev2/showthread.php?t=28888

Scammed - Anyone else experienced this?

Hi Guys,

I've spent some time on this website and have seen a lot of positive comments about peoples experience with Anthony Robbins. I have read his books and went to UPW in London this year with my girlfriend and to that point would have joined in the chorus of approval. This reason for talking about the scenario below is to find out whether anyone has experienced similar problems to ourselves and more importantly how/if they were resolved.

I had a slight doubt about the exact motivation of the Anthony Robbins Company at the event. I work in sales and the methods utilised in getting people to sign up to the University course were identical to the methods used by salespeople who are accused of high pressured tactics at seminars for timeshare/property etc (this may be more a UK thing??). I understand that at the end of the day Anthony Robbins is a business so of course expect there to be the promotion of other services. However I did find it strange that a man/company positioning themselves as they do, to utilise that type of approach.

We were both interested in the course but as a result of the above did not sign up there and then as we decided we wanted to find out more. My girlfriend went along to the personalised Momentum follow up session. When she came back the first thing she said was that the guy appeared to be just interested in getting money out of her. She said he was very pushy. She works in sales herself and knowing her as I do, believe me when I say this guy must have been going some!!

We were really keen to do the course because of Anthony Robbins so ignored our feelings on this. This was followed by days of follow up calls from the guy who then offered my girlfriend a discount for booking and paying for 2 people. We decided to do it and my girlfriend sent the money across.

To cut a long story short – the guy then called up several days later and said that he wasn’t authorised to give a discount and he wanted more money. My girlfriend said no and that this was unfair. Any hope that this was a one off and that when we got to speak to someone else at the Anthony Robbins Company justice and a sense of fairness would prevail was highly misplaced. In our attempt to follow this up we have met a brick wall. The attitude has very much been “tough ****, we have your money and that’s it”. We’ve been given the choice of either send the money or don’t come on the course. Funnily enough if we don’t come on the course then we don’t get all our money back

The whole experience has been highly disappointing. I put all my savings up to go on the course. We have been left with the feeling that the whole set up is geared towards squeezing as much money out of people as possible. Helping people seems to be the last thing they care about. All of the values that Anthony Robbins talks about having do not seem to apply to the ethics of the company. Is this really what Anthony Robbins is about? Does anyone think he is aware of this behaviour or more worrying does anyone think this is the approach he wants his staff to have? We are now in a position of not even wanting to go on the courses. Why would you want to immerse yourself in an organisation that acts like this?

As I said earlier the reason for this is not to be overly negative but to find out whether this is a real one off (although having spoken to 3 people at Anthony Robbins all with the same attitude, it does seems to be representative) or whether anyone else has had a similar experience and ideas about how to proceed?

Re: Scientology and Tony Robbins
Posted by: Truthnow ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:17AM

I worked behind the curtain for over 25 years. Everything thing is very different back there. You can see clearly the business model, as follows: Induced euphoria, military brainwashing, induced entrainment, special effects via music and lights. major hypnosis, and numerous other subtle forms of creating "followers" commonly known as "idol worship". Why does one man "need" numerous multi million dollar homes? private jets, massive ego purchases, $$$ in plastic surgery? and on and on. Why so much narcissistic behavior? is it in reality feeding a very deep insecurity? going back to childhood. Over my time there, I Baker Acted so many people I lost count years ago, why? major psychotic episodes at events, some people never recovered. Participants are being taught to give up the power of reason and rational thinking. And, you never ever question his content, and I mean NEVER. There is a spectrum to mental health, on one end of the spectrum, there are common human insecurities(looks, co dependency) on the other end is sociopathy and psychopathic behavior. When 5000 participants enter the seminar, they ALL fall somewhere on that spectrum, no exception. With that being said, how is it that his only major tool is NLP, can solve a spectrum of mental health issues, simple answer, IT CAN'T. Hence the emotional aftermath. People who were Baker Acted are now subjected to drug intervention, which can really make their lives a mess. Bottom line, high end personal development seminars need to be "regulated", why? participants need to know the "radical side effects" before jumping off the cliff into 1 ft of water. In his environment there is ZERO oversight, ZERO accountability, There is ZERO leverage to hold an ethical standard of any kind, Nuff said

Posted by: RealityRevisited ()
Date: July 09, 2020 12:04PM

Hi Truthnow
Thanks for your honest post. It has made me feel a lot better about the state I was left in after attending Date with Destiny. I also spent a fortune on Unleash the Power Within and Wealth Mastery. As a 35 year old, I had never had any history of psychosis or serious mental illness. I did everything I was told to, “played full out”, did the Baker act, the lot. As I had no history of psychosis, I didn’t realise that not sleeping, eating and getting love bombed, hypnotised, and generally brainwashed flipped me into a brief psychosis at UPW. I was lucky that I didn’t do anything too radical during the 3 or 4 days after returning home when I was convinced I had some special powers. I was completely hooked on the TR machine though, and DWD really got me excited. They kept that lottery running where if you won, you got to go to the Fiji conference... the only catch was if they drew your number while you were out of the room, you didn’t get the prize. I was a sole parent and didn’t have the money for this next level course, so I stayed in the room. Hard to sleep when we were finishing at 1am and starting at 8am and I was commuting an hour each way. Also hard to eat and drink. I think it was day 3 or 4 I thought I was sitting beside my beloved dead father, talking with him. I had become psychotic, and had no idea. I was euphoric that my dad was there with me, and really wanted to thank Tony for letting me see my dad again. Gee, that was hard. I tried everything I could to meet him, but trainers kept telling me I couldn’t. So I just raced through the building, chased by security, and got backstage. There was Tony!!! Hooray I thought, but then I was wrestled to the ground, handcuffed and sent off to a psych hospital where they medically treated my psychosis. I assaulted a man on the way to the ambulance, lost me job, I lost my money, and worst of all, I put my kids in danger.
You know what I got from Tony Robbins after all of this?
Nothing
No acknowledgement
No follow up
No return of $ spent on a the rest of the DWD course I missed

Now I treat all self help gurus, Amway, Landmark, some religions, high intensity training courses, etc with great caution. Because here in Australia, these industries and organisations are not regulated.

Thanks so much for your honest message, it is the first one I have found from someone who was on the ‘inside’.

Posted by: John Hunter PhD ()
Date: July 09, 2020 05:03PM

Thank you for speaking up! Keep sharing your stories and be bold. I for one am sick of being afraid. I would rather die than live in fear of these abusive people any longer. Have a look around YouTube and see which videos get the most views and likes. The good people in this world FAR OUTWEIGH the bad. Speak the truth and the truth will set you free ;)

Posted by: kdag ()
Date: July 09, 2020 06:55PM

Truthnow wrote:

"People who were Baker Acted are now subjected to drug intervention, which can really make their lives a mess."

Are you saying that they are drugged against their will, and on a long-term basis? That's disgusting. If that's the case, Robbins should have to pay them for every single minute they spend on those drugs.

Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: August 12, 2022 11:40AM

Hi there,

This may be of I interest.

Anthony Robbins is a Notable Money & You Graduate.

I did that LGAT and I can say from experience some of the processes and games, even the language was borrowed from Scientology. They don't necessarily have any affiliation because Money & You borrowed from various sources to create their seminar.

Hope this sheds some light.

I have written about Excellerated Business Schools Money & You previously.

Posted by: Wiser Aussie ()
Date: August 12, 2022 04:30PM

Hello to those people here who've have such a traumatic experience. I'm sorry for what happened to you. Psychosis at a LGAT is not what you expect or bargain for.

It brings back memories of the psychosis I experienced in "the blocks game" in Money & You. We were also sleep and food deprived for the entire 3 1/2 days. It was common for the seminars to finish at 1 am and 3 am.

There was also a Childhood Regression process that was actually hypnosis. They brought us to a time in our childhood that we felt unhappy. This was designed to prepare us for "the block game" very similar to a Scientology process.

They kept stressing the point we had to find the "yuk berries" in our past in order to remove the blocks that held us back from having success in our lives.

They also controlled the room temperature, time was lost (no watches allowed), love bombed with hugging and then degraded with the poor victim label.
Music was played loud and there was clapping.

From what I've read here, Anthony Robbins seminars have some foundation with Money & You. He was a graduate of that seminar and he's done was most gurus do - borrow from other LGAT and put their own twist. Not original.

In fact, these gurus are like the viruses copying, replicating and infecting people. Unfortunately they are playing with people's mind and mental wellbeing. I literally feel sick to the stomach when I read the traumatic experience some people have gone through here. However I am so glad there is strength and foundation in your own identity.

My life was a mess after it. Taking years to recover and heal. Still I was caught up in more trauma bonded gurus and relationships. Narcissists always seem to target the vulnerability of an empath.

I hope we empaths can use our experience and knowledge of these types to spot them miles away, before they reek havoc.

Wishing everyone the best in their journey to more awareness and healing. My heart goes out to you.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.