Bold Move or Dangerous Curiosity.
Posted by: pizzaslap ()
Date: June 23, 2005 09:47AM

The idea of cults and particularly LGAT, is fascinating. The curiosity began when a friend of mine joined Landmark and returned as a creepy manic-depressive version of herself. It was disturbing and was similar to the way my brother acted during his heroin addiction. Forutnately, both my friend and my brother have since dropped the monkeys off their backs.

Revisiting the experience, it would be interesting to witness the Landmark technique. I'm seriously thinking about attending the forum as a bit of an academic venture and personal challenge. The goal would be proof of mental stamina (or lack there of) and to experience something completely unique.

This post shouldn't be considered in the same context as posts that describe the pros and [lots of] cons surrounding Landmark. Rather, it's a complicated sort of thrill seeking. If it mellows the response any: I'm not family oriented--- have no self esteem troubles, and have very few non-professional friends. It would be a real suprise to find myself sucked-in as it's been described elsewhere in this forum.

Does anyone have any comment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: June 23, 2005 09:40PM

pizzaslap
The idea of cults and particularly LGAT, is fascinating. The curiosity began when a friend of mine joined Landmark and returned as a creepy manic-depressive version of herself. It was disturbing and was similar to the way my brother acted during his heroin addiction. Forutnately, both my friend and my brother have since dropped the monkeys off their backs.

Revisiting the experience, it would be interesting to witness the Landmark technique. I'm seriously thinking about attending the forum as a bit of an academic venture and personal challenge. The goal would be proof of mental stamina (or lack there of) and to experience something completely unique.

This post shouldn't be considered in the same context as posts that describe the pros and [lots of] cons surrounding Landmark. Rather, it's a complicated sort of thrill seeking. If it mellows the response any: I'm not family oriented--- have no self esteem troubles, and have very few non-professional friends. It would be a real suprise to find myself sucked-in as it's been described elsewhere in this forum.

Hi,

Like you I was curious and I just wanted to infiltrate Landmark as an observer (in contrast to a participant) to dig out information. Some journalists did it for example in France, and have produce documentaries that are available through the internet. Also, there are many articles in magazines where journalists describe their participation in Landmark. Some even walk out of there as believers!

Like you, I feel I have a strong self esteem and no self troubles. But I met that girls who gave me the "love bombing" effect and used "guilt" to try and manipulate me to join Landmark. Remember they are "expert manipulators" and it's a dangerous game to be playing. We are not that strong, and you have to be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster. Think twice and stay vigilent.

Good luck.

MD

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: June 23, 2005 09:47PM

LEC and other LGATS LOVE professionals like you who think they won't be sucked in. Read some more here. You will find that it is not vulnerable, lost, blue collar, lower economic class, introverts, depressed or anxious and\or uneducated people who are easily fooled. They especially want professionals with money and access to lots of clients, patients and others . It's almost like a MLM escept YOU don't get the commission.

Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: June 23, 2005 10:33PM

Here is one definition for the word "trap"

": something by which one is caught or stopped unawares; [b:2c17d7d813]also[/b:2c17d7d813] : a position or situation from which it is difficult or impossible to escape "

Be aware of trap masters in LGAT...

Posted by: caligari ()
Date: June 24, 2005 02:03AM

pizzaslap

One thing to be aware of in doing LE courses is that hyponsis can be counteracted by thinking and imagining of something else than what is being suggested or commanded. If you try to resist hypnotic suggestion it puts focus and strength to it.

-- Caligari

Posted by: pizzaslap ()
Date: June 29, 2005 07:46AM

Thanks for your input, I'm taking the comments into consideration.

Allan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.