LGAT is spreading fast in Asia
Posted by: hsuchi ()
Date: October 23, 2004 01:26AM

Recently I broke away from a relationship with a group proclaimed to empower people through "Potential of Psychology (POP)". But I called the group "Prisoner of Psycho" instead. I was hospitalized in the emergency room for two days after the last day of LGAT session. I was suffered from some kind of heart pain.

I am living in Asia for five years now. My background is in engineering which I have been working for four years in this field. Besides electrical circuits and design, before that incident early this year, I would not believe LGAT even exist in my wildest dream. Usually I was very careful about what kind of situation I involved in. I guess my defense was removed when I met a vice-president of a big company last Christmas whom was also a family friend. He told me to work for him after the termination of my last employment and he went even further to talk to my family about his intention to hire me.

After three private meetings with the VP in two months, he told me to take a management lesson before starting to work. One night he suddenly called me on the phone at very late hour and asked me to pack immediately and go to a location early next morning. He said he was too busy to discuss any further of what was going on. I was suspicious about the call but I didn't investigate. So I did what he said and went to the LGAT session the next day.

The session was held in a "locked" room. About thirty people were in the class and from the first day on people were crying and screaming all the time. The teacher talked about conscious and unconscious, dream, belief, relationship, childhood, and family. I think the teacher mentioned that one can only truly find oneself through death experience. So we were asked to write a "Will" on the second night. I didn't feel too much in the first three days but my heart pain began after the fourth day after I performed an exercise called "Osho" breathing technique. It was basically a hypnotic exercise that people were asked to breath heavily and slowly alternatively. During the experience I did experience some kind of divinity and saw my past-away relative.

The next morning, on the fifth day, I didn't feel well but I was planned to take a 20+ hours flight to visit Africa on that day. So I left the LGAT group without noticing them around 4:00AM in the morning and went straight to a hospital to check if I was fitted to take the flight. After blood test and x-ray, the doctor bared me from taking any flight at all. I was given heart condition pills for three hours in the emergency room and then went directly into heart surgery in the afternoon. The whole experience was very troublesome.

As far as I know, LGAT are getting more and more aggressive in Taiwan and China. Those LGAT instructors in this part of world have very similar backgrounds. They all have psychology degrees from ambiguous institutions in US or Canada and many of them also have certified degrees from Osho Multiversity. They promote their programs by proclaiming that the technique is used commonly by many US Fortune 500 firms. They jump from one company to another and give group sessions and workshops to corporate employees and mangers as well as public. I am gravely concern about the spread of teaching LGAT because I was a victim and I know some of my relatives could still be taking these courses.

One interesting thing I found from my experience in the hospital: the anti-malaria drug like mefloquine and chloroquine actually have side-effects that are almost identical to what one may feel immediately after LGAT sessions. The doctor in the hospital kept asking me if I took the anti-malaria drug since I was planned to visit Africa. I didn't bother with the drug because I knew that I would be only staying in a big city for just three days. I read many articles on how Mefloquine (Lariam) affects US solders in Iraq and how people have vivid dreams and panic attack after taking the drug. Like the side effects of these drugs, besides the feeling of dizzy and heart pain, I also experienced vivid dreams almost everyday in LGAT.

I think I was a victim of "mind control". I agree very much with Dr. Dr. Margaret Singer's opinion. It is so ironic that I began to read psychological books after LGAT instead of engineering. I even convert my religion from Buddhasm to believing in Jesus Christ. Life is really full of surprise.

Hsuchi

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 23, 2004 04:36AM

There's tremendous respect for authority in traditional Asian cultures, and you're socialized to keep group harmony and not be disruptive.

All this would make a person very vulnerable in relation to LGATs.

Two, you were recruited through a relationship with someone you doubly trusted both as your employer and one with a connection to your family.

Three, this person had authority over you

Finally most of the anti-LGAT educational material is in English and other European languages and very little has been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Korean.

If you could contact some journalists at prestigious newspapers in your area this is probably the most effective way you can protect your fellow citizens from being exploited as you've described. It would be important to get information from health care professionals in your area who have treated people who incurred stress reactions as a result of LGAT exposure.

Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: October 23, 2004 07:49AM

Osho is the current name used for the now dead cult guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, some info on [www.culteducation.com]
I was involved with them briefly back when the man was alive in Oregon state, USA.
Your experience is chilling, so glad you survived, I hope their abusive actions are exposed and stopped soon.

I remember doing what they call Dynamic Meditation, we were encouraged to do this often. 10 minutes of intense hyperventilation. Next 10 minutes of throwing ourselves around physically, wildly, they even say on their site to "go totally mad". Then for 10 minutes with upraised arms jump up and down hard, hammer yourself til you are exhausted. Then 15 minutes of freezing completely in one pose, without moving. Finally 15 minutes of wild dancing. All this done to their music.
Horrible stuff. I knew so many people who were seriously falling apart, being damaged by the group and practices, yet they were hooked and would do anything to make enough money to continue going to retreats. Drugs, stripping, hooking, stealing, all this and more.

Sarah

Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: October 23, 2004 08:37AM

For the past six months, I didn't discuss my LGAT experience with anybody in my surroundings. After I left the hospital, I kept getting phone calls and instructions from someone close to me. They rather not talk about LGAT, instead, they asked me to do this and that, like throwing away my pet. I guess phone calls stopped due to my resistance. I am doing alright at this moment but sitting uncomfortable knowing about such mind control do exist. I saw emptiness and hollowness in the eyes of those whom I know still participating in the course. The whole experience came back at me while I was reading "Hamlet". The last chapter of Hamlet talks about how he forced into a dual and was to be given a poison drink if he ever won. Perhaps "to be or not to be, that is the question."

Hsuchi

Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: June 25, 2005 10:15AM

While I was in LGAT, I felt that the role playing activities resembled various stories from Chinese Emperors' private life.

This is a passage copied from "The Fault of Qin", written by a Confucius scholar around 20B.C. Study of Confucianism and various religions were banned during Qin Dynasty around 260B.C.

"The First Emperor left the virtuous way of the former kings and burned the writings of the Hundred Schools of Thought only to make the black headed people stupid. He devastated the great cities and killed the heroes; he had collected all weapons in the empire and brought them to the capital Xianyang. He had melted all arrow-heads to cast twelve bronze statues from the metal, all to weaken the people [...] Good generals had to use crossbows to protect strategic points; loyal ministers had to command skilled armies to hinder everyone to question the power of Qin. When the empire was appeased, the First Emperor thought that the territory west of the Hangu Pass would be safe, and inside his metal wall of a thousand miles, he wanted to establish an eternal rule of his sons and grandsons of the house of Qin. "

Hsuchi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.